“Great place to stay in saigon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Town House 50 Hotel

Save Saved
You added Town House 50 Hotel to your Saves list
Town House 50 Hotel
50 E Bui Thi Xuan Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 01, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay in saigon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and hound the place incredibly welcoming and a great place to have as a base during our stay. My boyfriend and I had a private room and the only thing I will say is that there is no door on the bathroom and there was so e building work going on while We were there so was noisy at times. We were helped with any questions that we had and they also let us use the showers before our long late night flight which was great. Rooms were clean and the communal areas were great for sitting and using the wifi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here about 4 days ago for 2 nights. finding this hotel is a little bit tricky because ia located down the isle. I stayed with my boyfriend and 3 of my friends which are 2 of them also a couple. we're book 3 of 2 double room.. but when we got there the hotel said that there were a renovation
and apologize to us bcoz changing our room into 2 triple room. first time I was a little bit disappointed becoz want to have some private time with my boyfriend. but the hotel said that they will paid our money back. the receptionist and all of the hotel worker were so nice... so I immediately wipe all my disappointed.
they are very very kind... and very helpful.
jhonny the hotel worker help me through my troubled flight reservation that was delayed. he was so so kind..

I'm absolutely will stay in this hotel again if I'm going to hochiminh.
and the coffee breakfast was very good!

• Stayed December 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This place is very small first I arrived. But actually the rooms are wide, clean, has window and balcon. I booked this hotel via agoda for 3 double rooms. But they said the air conditioner was broken so they changed our rooms into 2 triple rooms and they also refund a few our money. Britney, Cherry and Johnny (hope its the correct name he he), they were nice employee. They helped us when our flight was delayed, and very friendly also. Love it!

• Stayed December 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Saigon was the second stop on our three week tour de force of SE Asia. The taxi dropped us off at the end of an alley and I got a little bit nervous... We walked to the end to find a clean, well taken care of property that is Town House 50!
Most of the clientele were similar to us - 30ish, no longer into the backpacking scene.
Our room had two twin beds which was great for two friends, a clean shower, Air conditioning, and a closet. Everything was clean and tidy. The room also came with bottled water for teeth brushing and such.
Each morning we awoke to breakfast that was prepared to order - eggs, sausage, bread, peanut butter and coffee. The staff took so much pride in the property and guests.
There was a convenience store across the street which made access to bottled water and emergency ice cream bars very easy :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Firstly, I had shopped around for different hostels and hotels for at least 2 months and this hostel was the only one that stood out. My boyfriend and I stayed a total of 7 nights in a private double room. Honestly, it was fantastic. The air-con was great it kept the room cold constantly, regardless of the heat waiting outside the door. It was modern just like what was shown on trip adviser and the staff were just amazing. The breakfast is great, its not a buffet but you get what you pay for and its enough to sustain you until lunch. Special thanks to Cherry, Johnny and Brittney for making our short stay in Ho Chi Minh so homely and fun. Some Small tips; we found on the first night the bed was rather hard (however, is standard in Vietnam) but ask the house maids to flip it and you might sleep a little easier. Also, if you choose to stay in the private double bed be very comfortable with the person you share with as there is no door separating the bedroom from the bathroom. Other than that I highly recommend this Hostel, you wont find better. Happy traveling! :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Metro Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My cousin who went to Ho Chi Minh in July stayed here and recommended this place to me. So with 2 of my friends, we booked and stayed here from the night of November 6 to the 9th, 2013.

WELL-COORDINATED
From coordinating with them about our arrival time to the time we had to fly back home to Manila, everything was well organized.

PICK-UP SERVICE OFFERED
Upon informing them of our flight schedule, they offered us a pick-up service at the cost of 15 USD. Although this was more expensive than taking a taxi, we didn't mind paying extra to ensure our safety, given that we were unfamiliar with the place and we were arriving past midnight. We also availed of this service for hotel pick-up to airport.

WARM STAFF
Upon arrival in the hotel, we were warmly welcomed by Johnny just as if he was welcoming us into his own home. We were each served with a banana and a glass of water and were helped with our itinerary in Ho Chi Minh. Having no exact plan in place, Johnny's recommendations were just apt for our schedule. He then arranged for all our tours and even offered to take us to really take us to authentic, affordable Vietnamese eateries -- even if it was his birthday!

CLEAN & COMFORTABLE ROOMS
When we settled into our room (room 102), we were so pleased with the cleanliness and the look of the room and bathroom. The beds were comfortable and we had complimentary bottles of water.

The only thing that was amiss was that there were 3 of us checked in for a room for 3, but there were only 2 sets of bath towels prepared in the room. We had to follow up another set.

SCRUMPTIOUS BREAKFAST
In the morning, breakfast looked appetizing. The plating was nice. Their coffee was actually better than Trung Nguyen's, which claims to be the No.1 coffee in Vietnam. As we were already late coming down for breakfast, our tour guide already showed up within minutes that our breakfast was served. We really appreciated that the hotel staff quickly offered to pack our breakfast for us to go. Our coffee drinks included!

OTHER POINTS
- Their map around District 1 was a handy reference. That was the only map we used.

- Location is fairly accessible. We just walked to go to places to see in the city (except of course for the Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong River tours). We never took a taxi or a motorbike to get around. However, if you're not into walking, you may just want to hail a taxi.

- As our flight back was still at midnight, we were allowed to use their common shower rooms before we left for the airport even though we were already checked out.

- Although we generally loved our stay there, we hope that all the other staff would be as warm and friendly as Johnny. His warmth made a huge difference in our overall experience.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed here with some friends in July this year, each of us having our own individual room. Rooms worked out at about $50 each which certainly isn't the cheapest in the area, but considering the hotel is so safe, clean and the staff are as friendly and helpful as can be it was well worth it.

Special mention to Jonny and Lee who were keen to make our stay as enjoyable and trouble free as possible, making sure we always had a beer to hand and even putting on a small birthday celebration for my friend (this included writing out his age in spring rolls and tempura prawns, nice touch). They also helped with arranging travel around the country and tours such as a 2 day stay in Ha Long Bay.

The rooms were a good size, and well furnished with modern appliances. As I understand the owners are architects and I think this appreciation for good design filters through to the hotel in most aspects.

The one sour point for me was the breakfast. I was hardly expecting Michelin star quality, but the hard/sharp bread and questionable processed meat offering was a bit of a disappointment.

Other than that it was a great experience, and I would definitely recommend as well as return myself were I to venture to Ho Chi Minh again.

Room Tip: The top room – penthouse you could call it – has a separate sky-lit bathroom which is very nice.