“Great Little Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Saigon River Boutique Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Saigon River Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Saigon River Boutique Hotel
58 Mac Thi Buoi Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 70000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #65 of 383 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Exmouth, Australia
“Great Little Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

we stayed here one night on our last day in vietnam before next day early flight. Staff are a young & vibrant team,quick check in,well mannered & attentive. they also remembered our early morning wake up call! rooms are clean,comfortable & good size. location in district 1 is very convenient & close to good eateries & bars. would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
hestercoombe, Owner at Saigon River Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Really appreciate your kind remarks and always pleasing to be able to welcome travelers from Australia, my country of origin.
We like to think that our hotel is something of a refuge, from the teaming populous of fascinating Saigon and a place to recharge and to leave feeling informed, ready for the rest of your travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Methven, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Thank you Daniel and Kelvin you made our stay very special. Also the young lady that ran the roof restaurant really good service and I think she was also the chef. Great breakfast and your Vietnamese coffee hot and cold was excellent we miss it now we are home. I meet the owner over from Bangkok a very friendly man. you should be proud of the team you have running your hotel.
We certainly could not find anything to complain about and the welcoming Ginger Fizz drink was great. Rooms very clean and excellent shower.
Many Thanks David Barbara Norm Lorraine

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Now I have to say, guests such as yourselves, really make being a hotelier satisfying. Your openness and friendliness nurtured the very best out of everyone you all came in contact with. Our staff really enjoyed having you to stay and thank you for rewarding them with praise. We all like that don't we?
I actually had just returned from a business trip to Bangkok, so was pleased to be able to meet you, before you continued your travels. I enjoyed our conversation up on our roof top terrace, sharing some of your varied travel experiences around the globe.
I do hope we can welcome you all here again, to share more tales. - Thank you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We only stayed here as somewhere to sleep before we caught our flight home the next day.We booked the airport transfer which essentially was just a normal taxi and were charged three times as much had we had got the taxi ourselves. We arrived at the hotel which is in a fantastic location. The staff are very friendly too. As we were only there overnight we booked the cheapest room. The room itself is small and the bathroom a bit too basic for my liking. We had trouble flushing the toilet and informed the staff, but not much was done to resolve this. The breakfast is on a lovely rooftop setting. Limited choice but ok and it's cheeky to charge extra for a tiny yoghurt. Overall if I stayed here for longer then I might opt for a better room. But in our situation hotel was fine, nothing to right home about.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
hestercoombe, Owner at Saigon River Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Running a hotel is very of course very time consuming, but when ever I can I also like to travel, even for just a few days away, quite often taking a staff member too, so that can have a variety of travel experiences that will contribute to their professionalism and I can take the opportunity to evaluate and compare what our hotel has to offer.
Our hotel is in a totally prime location of Saigon and of course an expensive area to run any business. Having said that though it has always been our goal to provide good accommodation at prices that cater for a wide variety of budgets, making the hotel a more vital and interesting place to stay. Having a background in the arts, as well as hospitality, it has always been paramount that the environment is also a creative one. One can stay in a budget rooming opt for the basic services and standard breakfast, or choose other options and other menus, if desired. A long winded way of saying that we have always aimed to offer accommodation at fair prices, in a wonderful area of the city and with excellent service.
I have just returned from beautiful PHu Quoc Island, sparkling blue seas, palm trees etc etc, but across the road from the hotel was a construction site. The site was for a new hotel, but currently looked like a Rick quarry and more than sounded like it. Despite a down turn in economy Vietnam grows and grows and it is a lottery to avoid being near a construction site and like the one near us, there are some days when it can be noisy and then weeks of quiet. Welcome to one of the worlds most densely populated cities. Welcome too, to one of the most seductive cities in SE Asian and enjoy.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Excellent staff, very friendly, always ready to help. Nice rooftop eating area. Well sized, clean rooms. A bit noisy due to construction site nearby (December 2013). Would recommend. Location is good to explore Saigon and its treasures. You can also see the river from here :)

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for coming to stay at Saigon River Hotel and for taking time to post your review. Indeed we really aim to provide good accommodation at sensible rates. We enjoy our business and love to welcome guests who travel on a range of budgets and I believe our rooms offer choices that reflect that.
Saigon is a huge and developing city and almost wherever you go development is happening and sometimes this can intrude into your life and sometimes it is not always possible to let it not distract and spoil your total experience. I hope this was the case with you and that perhaps one day we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to Down Town Saigon again.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I enjoyed very much during my stay in this hotel. The staff at the reception are very attentive, friendly and helpful. They proactively offer help without asking. Actually, all the staff I met in the hotel are very friendly. The room I lived is a bit small without window, but I know they have bigger room with window, and the most important thing for me: it is new and clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your charming review and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know my staff would have looked after you well and enjoyed doing so.
Your correct your room was a small room, but I hope it also had its charm, as we work hard to avoid the mundane. The small rooms are great, just to have a sparkly fresh comfortable place to stay, in the best part of Saigon. We have a range of rooms to choose from, as we like to be able to be able to welcome a broad range of travelers and in our largest the shower is big enough to not only sing, but also to dance - with it's own lighting.
I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

As a solo female traveller I select my hotels carefully, especially in city centres, always looking for somewhere safe, clean, comfortable and with a personal touch. I stayed in the Saigon River Suite for 3 nights at the end of November and was delighted with my stay. The suite is on the 1st floor at the front of the hotel. In fairness it was too hot and humid to use the balcony, but I took advantage of the efficient aircon and the fan in the room. The bathroom is huge, with an all-singing all-dancing shower, complete with illuminations. Fridge with reasonably priced mini-bar, kettle, tv, wifi (I used UltraSurf to circumvent Vietnamese internet censorship so I could listen to BBC radio online) plenty of towels and nice comfy beds. If you book one of the more expensive rooms you get a bigger breakfast choice - I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 breakfasts, 3 dinners and 1 lunch in the rooftop restaurant, the food is great, the drinks good and reasonably priced, and the staff are lovely. You also get a decent view of the boats going up and down the Saigon River, and because you are up on the 7th floor you get a bit of a welcome breeze. Security and reception are very friendly, helpful and efficient, as most others on here have said, special mention to Kelvin and Daniel, who both seem to work 24/7.
Location wise the hotel couldn't be better placed - you can walk to all the tourist sites in District 1, there is a really good massage club just round the caller (Saigon Heritage), and you are just off the main shopping street. Obviously you are in a busy city centre so will hear traffic and city noise but it never kept me awake.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you 'Foxylady' for so generously writing a lovely positive review for our hotel, especially so soon after your long flight home to the UK.
It is good to feel safe and well cared for and it is nice at the end of the day to feel simply at home, comfortable and secure.
I know how much you enjoyed your stay in Vietnam and I am sure that your generosity if spirit will have touched so many in the rural community where you worked, in a most valuable way.
My staff are a little like my own family and I appreciate them greatly and feel happy for them that they have fallen so naturally into their various roles in hospitality, so thank you for taking the time to express your appreciation.
Very much hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you to SE Asia again in the near future, but for now best wishes to you and your future travels.
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was a perfect hotel for our one night stop over. The staff were very nice and helpful organised our taxi for the airport. The room was of decent size and very clean with mini bar and a good choice. Great location right in the heart of the city. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 602 which was great.