“Good food, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, Brasserie
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Brasserie de Saigon, a true Parisian experience, brings originality to your Ho Chi minh City Dining experience.Its seafood stand, right on the street, exposes what's fresh everyday. The menu offers a wide diversity of French specialties, from south of France, with its Bouillabaisse, as well as from north, with its unique Choucroute.The restaurant offers a unique show in Saigon with fishes prepared off-the-bone in the dining room, and flamed desserts, such as Crepe Suzette.
Kamuela HI
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We had an early dinner downstairs in this attractive restaurant. We were welcomed with a glass of bubbly, and our order was taken promptly. My appetizer of duck rillettes with gherkins was delicious, and the rabbit in mustard sauce, while a little bland, was certainly acceptable. The portions were generous. There is a small but thoughtful selection of wines by the glass, and the service was attentive and friendly. The bill for two with two glasses of wine was $50--perhaps pricy for Saigon, but well worth the money.

Visited October 2013
Jonathan L, Manager at La Brasserie de Saigon, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Ainahou,

Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts on your visit in our establishment.

We are delighted to know you have enjoyed your experience and we hope we will have a chance to welcome you back.

Thanks

76% Recommend
  • Turkish first
“Good ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The restaurant has a good location, right at the corner of 2 main streets. We were welcomed by a tall French gentleman who was very nice and helpful. The ambience was great. I enjoyed the street view from my table. Food and wine was good. However the staffs should pay more attention to details such as shouldn't come up to ask guests what they want for drink or next course while they were in the middle of an exciting conversation.
Anyway, we'll return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jonathan L, Manager at La Brasserie de Saigon, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Attalife,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback your experience in our establishment.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed most of aspect your visit. I will make sure to rectify the inconvenient part you've mentioned in your comment.

Looking forward to welcome you again!
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
“First time at French style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've been there with my husbands and the food was good. This is the first time I've been in a French restaurant and the service is there when you need something. They always pour the wine and water without asking, make me feel weird but my husband told me that the French way.

For the dessert, we have to wait like 10 mins for a melted heart chocolate but it was worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Jonathan L, Manager at La Brasserie de Saigon, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear DiemMy88,

Thank so much for your review! We are delighted to know you was happy about your visit in our restaurant.

We hope we will see you again soon!
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Not up to the hype mentioned.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food was good, however, not the excellent that other reviews mentioned.
There was no crab and we had to settle with the rest of the seafood platter.
A word of advice, oysters should not be frozen if served without cooking.
Frozen ones don't cut it at all.

The staff service was good though.
I noticed only tables with Caucasians had exceptional service.

The value for money is at best rated okay only...

A family of 5 had a bill of 3M vnd.

Well, it was my last night in HCM, and I had hoped for a great night.
Guess I wouldn't be coming back again anytime soon.

Merci

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jonathan L, Manager at La Brasserie de Saigon, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Chen S,

Thank you for giving your feedbacks on your visit at La Brasserie de Saigon.

I can assure you that the oysters are not frozen. They are delivered freshly every 2-3 days. We are well aware that frozen oysters is not acceptable.

Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
“Back to France in Middle of Saigon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Excellent experience last night at Brasserie de Saigon.
I took the set meal with Onion Tart + Salmon Riesling, my wife opted for Lamb shank with couscous semolina.
upon sitting the manager brought us the complimentary welcome drink, Champagne !
overall the service was great, the food delicious and the ambiance close to the typical french brasserie.
We will come back for their free flow of champagne during weekend.
one point of advice : the waiter makes sure you always got hot crispy bread. even if your piece of bread is not finished, the waiter will take it away and bring you new hot bread.
I highly appreciate the attention and the service to get hot bread but it also create a feel of frustration over the bread systematically wasted.

we will come again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Jonathan L, Manager at La Brasserie de Saigon, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear djchrisblue,

Thank you for this wonderful review! We are very pleased to know you have enjoyed your dinner in our establishment!

We hope to see you soon!