“Another eatery i would go back again and again” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 1,573 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Seafood, Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Five Oysters Restaurant proposes an authentic and fine Vietnamese cuisine, especially seafood. It is located in the busy Bui Vien St. but not in the noisy part of this backpacking street. You can choose a seat in front of the resto to watch people walking and the traffic or a table inside to dine in the cozy dining space. Since the resto owner's hometown is Long Hai beach where is famous for seafood and oysters, you can find seafood and other local food here really fresh. Not like amost other restaurants in backpacking area which are owned by foreigners, this resto is 100% Vietnamese. Check out this place if you 'd like to try a True Vietnamese kitchen in Saigon.
london
“Another eatery i would go back again and again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

2 seperate visits in november but no time for a 3rd!

The Mango shakes are brilliant and the Pho Bo was fantastic!

prices were very reasonable and service with a smile!

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing morning glory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Fiver Oysters is a great restaurant. We got the sauteed morning glory which was AMAZING, the stir fried beef noodles, the grilled squid with chili sauce and fried rice with chicken. Everything was great. So flavourful. I would recommend this restaurant to any body. We have been in Ho Chi Minh city for a week now and have eaten at lost of different places and by far this was the best one.

• Visited December 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Going back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Went here in recommendation from my hotel, and a gold experience it was. I had ten prawns (10!!) for the equivalent of $4 AUD. and a vietnamese pancake, which was delicious.

The stand out thing for me was the service. There was a cyclo guy hassling me for about fifteen minutes, I wasn't fussed I knew I wasn't going anywhere with him, I told him that he wasting his time I wasn't going to use him. He was friendly enough. When they brought me my bill, the wrote on the bottom "be careful of cyclo scam guy". I knew about the cyclo scams, but for a new to Vietnam traveller this could have made a big difference.

Bottom line, the food is amazing, the people and the service even better, and the price just tops it off!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“YYYUUUMMM food - Pho, vietnamese pancake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We hadn't even got 10m outside our hotel (duc vuong) when the young waitress outside Five oysters coached us in for something to eat. WOW, i think we ate here nearly everyday we were in Ho chi minh city. The staff recognised us by the end.
We highly recommend the five oyster spring rolls (pork and prawn based), chicken pho was the best I had in all of Vietnam, vietnamese pancake (a little on the oily side, but still delicious).
We tried the bbq grilled prawns and this was our least favourite.
The juices are amazing too - you must try the mango one!!!
Price was very good.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A little gem in the bustle of the backpacker district!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were so pleased to find this place after a long day and a bad experience for dinner elsewhere the night before in Saigon. The staff are very friendly, the beer cold and cheap and the menu offers great choice and is very reasonably priced. It's a basic but great place for dinner and drinks in the bustle of the backpacker district. We had some lovely fresh spring rolls to start, I had fried Mekong Catfish with a delicious green mango salad and my Mum had Shark Steak with rice which was also really tasty. We washed it down with a few beers and when they ran out of draught beer they even gave us the last half glass for free! Overall the whole meal for a starter, 2 mains and 3 beers came to less than £5! Would really recommend this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Food