I spent my 2012 Christmas in Ho Chi Minh City (Dec 21 - 24) at this hotel and I was greatly satisfied with the hotel location (in the heart of Bui Vien street) where you can find all the good restaurants, massage shops, and travel agencies along the street. The hotel was admittedly not a big one and was just one of the hundred hotels you can find on the street. However, I would like to highlight the excellent service by its staff (especially the sales manager). She responded to my email quickly prior to a few days before my arrival to make sure my room was reserved and provided me with some info for the Mekong River trip (1-day US$10) and Cu Cui tunnel trip (half-day US$6). I just paid the trips at the reception desk when arrived as these trips were organized every day. You may be surprised by how Vietnamese organize traveling trips as the agencies pick up people from different hotels and sometimes the bus was a bit crowded.
In terms of airport transportation, you can actually take bus 152 ($4000 VN dong / pax) and get off at De Tham station (the next station after passing through the biggest market in HCM city). The hotel is conveniently located and it will only take you 5-min walk from De Tham station to the hotel. Similarly you can also take a bus back to the airport. If you do not want too much trouble or are afraid of any scam in the city, you can contact Ms. Nguyen for an airport pick-up service which will cost you around US15-20 one-way.
In short, Bali Boutique Hotel is the best hotel I have ever stayed in this 14-day trip across 2 countries / 3 cities. I highly recommend to people want:-
1) Convenient hotel location
2) Friendly staff (again I need to credit to)
3) Good restaurants and travel agencies around the hotel
4) Easy transportation to/from the airport
5) Reasonable room price 如果你是一位華人，又相信香港人的眼光，我絕對覺得這間酒店是超值
1) Get VN dong in the airport => It gives you a better FX rate
2) Massage costs only US$5-8 for 60-min. Worth to try
3) Different food (Vietnamese/Indian/Chinese/Italian etc) is served along the street.
4) If you do not carry too much luggage, taking a bus is a cheaper option and gives you a taste of local Vietnamese.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, HostelBookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Bali Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.