“Impressing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Saigon South Hotel

You added Ibis Saigon South Hotel to your Saves list
Ibis Saigon South Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   73 Hoang Van Thai Street Phu My Hung | Tan Phu Ward District 7, Ho Chi Minh City 70000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #88 of 383 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Impressing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was in Vietnam Saigon for a short break, I stayed in Ibis Saigon and I was really impressed with the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, the room is not much as big however it is very clean and comfortable. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and look forward to visit again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tchang_LEE_ISS, General Manager at Ibis Saigon South Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Greetings from ibis Saigon South!
Thank you so much for your kind feedback after staying in our hotel.

Your compliments about our staffs encourage all of team members to continue to keep our standard of service.

We will expect again your soonest visit in our hotel.

Tchang Lee
ibis Saigon South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ang Mo Kio, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was recently in a exhibition near to IBIS Saigon south. I stay there as the hotel is next to the exhibition hall. Upon arrival at hotel, taxi driver ask for addition money on top of the fare. The security of the hotel step in and minutes later the taxi driver was asked to leave. This is what I called service.

Below are my observation over a period of 6 days :

The check in was a breeze. I was in my room in no time. The service staff were great and were friendly and greeted every one with a smile. It would be even better if there are welcome drinks for guest who check in.

The room are definitely spacious (if you were to compare with Ibis HK). The bed was very inviting. Comfortable, soft and very nice to sleep in !!

As a biz traveller, wifi is important and I must say the wifi network is excellent - connvectivity was a breeze again. You can be anyway in the hotel vincity and you are connected. As a sport user, now this is a bit sad - there is a wonderful spacious gym room but the equipment is very lacking. So hopefully this can be improve.

The F&B Manager was very courteous and nice and promptly takes order and serves the guests. I only hope that the rest of the F&B crews can follow his example and work effectively.

The over all experiences of my stay at Ibis is definitely great. I recommend anyone traveling to Vietnam to stay in Ibis either for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Phnom Pen, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at Ibis Saigon South Hotel whilst visiting FV Hospital for health reasons and it was close to the Hospital. I must say that on arrival, and when the staff learned my reasons, I was treated with so much caring and professional courtesy. In fact the staff from Front Desk to Restaurant were so caring, courteous and professional I was made to feel very welcome and supported. I must mention the young Lady at the desk (Assistant to the Manager) was exceptional in her attitude and professionalism. The room was very comfortable and clean. Whilst I was there the Courtesy vehicle was made available to take me to the Hospital and return over 4 days. This was again another nice touch and the driver was very helpful. Overall a very pleasant stay and I will return. Thank you Ibis Saigon Hotel.

Room Tip: My room was very comfortable and I did pay budget price.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

All staffs are very helpful.
I can feel that they serve straight from heart. As it is my first time visiting Vietnam. That's the good start for my trip. I arrived hotel very late. The staff recommend me a good place to eat French food.
They also provide flexible shuttle bus. Although they have fix schedule, if there are less ppl taking it. The staff can reschedule for u in your convenient way.
Good location. Big department store-parkson and crescent mall near hotel. You can enjoy spa and shopping there.
All in all, I really recommend all of you staying this hotel as the price is worth for it.

• Stayed May 2013
Tchang_LEE_ISS, General Manager at Ibis Saigon South Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear valued customer,

Greetings from ibis Saigon South!

We are so pleased to see your kind comments on our service.
All of our staffs try to do our best to meet the expectation for every single customer.
We know that our team is still young and imnproving our skills.
However as you mentioned, our team takes care of our customer with heart.

Tchang Young Lee
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Ibis Saigon South is a new and modern hotel in the South of the city - close to the ex-pat district. It is typical of an IBIS hotel, but my room was comfortable and very quiet despite there being busy roads around the location. The staff are friendly and helpful, but the level of English understood is not that good. I thought the breakfast was excellent - above my usual experience from IBIS with a good mix of asian and western cuisine. There is a shuttle bus that runs to the CBD and they did a special run for my group to the RMIT university.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tchang_LEE_ISS, General Manager at Ibis Saigon South Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Saigon South. It is always a pleasure to receive the feedback from our customer.

We noticed well your comment about our staffs' English skill to improve. As certain staffs are newly joined in our hotel, we must train them for their English skills for their efficient communication and we are teaching them English expressions to use in the hotel industry with proper manual. I hope we can improve our English skill better soonest for the smooth communication.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be better than the previous one.

Tchang Young Lee
Toogoom, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We found this an excellent hotel to stay for a week. A shuttle was provided daily to get to the CBD but the area was nice and quiet to come back to in the evening. The rooms were spacious and well cleaned. Service in the eatery for breakfast was excellent. the Manager and staff were extremely helpfull with any enquiries

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Dare I say the best Ibis Hotel I've ever stayed? I've been to most in Europe but this one gives the Ibis name a good rep. Upping the ante. For such a reasonable price per stay, you get so much value! The staff , both reception and restaurant, are friendly and very helpful. The food was great (oh the croissants are heaven!)
Room is clean, modern and basic.
Sure, it's far from the city, but why crave for the chaos when you have everything you need within reach such a malls, the SECC, restaurants. Taxis are somewhat cheap (except when they take the "scenic" route. Meaning, they go around in circles to add some dollars in the meter)

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Ibis Saigon South Hotel? Share your experiences!