“Very good transit experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel

You added Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   167 Hai Ba Trung Street | Ward 06, district 03, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #34 of 371 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
“Very good transit experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a good city hotel. We stayed en route to danang beach and arrived late. Check in was good. And although the first room we looked at was a little smelly, we were quickly offered another room which was fine. We went for a walk in the late evening looking for eateries, and when we found most restaurants were closed we opted for room service. The food was exceptional and was of very good restaurant quality. The breakfast was exceptionally good and I notice air france use this hotel for their crew and they all seemed happy to....if you can please the french, you must be doing alright! ;)
There was a very good selection of foods.
There were many taxis always outside so it made the process of getting there and away very seamless. Well done.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Karl M,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our restaurant and room services.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cheers,
H7965-gm@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel was just right for our stay in Ho Chi Minh City. It is within easy walking distance of the centre, and is in a nice bustling area in its own right.

We had an executive suite, as it worked out cheaper than two normal rooms for us (2 adults 2 kids) and it gave us the advantage of access to the executive lounge (free beers and cakes etc - kids thought they had hit the jackpot!), plus a good view. The only downside was that although the booking was for a family of 4, you actually only get a double bed and a single folding bed, but the double was big enough for our smallest to climb in with us. Suite isn't huge but has a nice layout and feels recently built (ie good finishes).

Breakfasts were great, we had one evening room service in the room, very reasonably priced for a hotel chain. Staff friendly. As other reviewers may have said, the semi-outdoor swimming pool never gets enough sun to heat up, so unusable, at least in Winter when we were there. But then you don't visit Saigon for the swimming pools!

By the way, if you do stay, go to the Mekong River - great!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tim R,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your last visit to Novotel Saigon Centre, we trust that you had a safe and pleasant trip home.

I am happy to read that your enjoyed your last stay with us and our services were met your expectation.

If you have a chance to come back to Vietnam, please let us serve your again at Novotel Saigon Centre.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was a solo traveler when I stayed at the Novotel Saigon and my main concern over all was my security because it was going to be my first time to check into a hotel alone. I was thankful that their security was really good and that I survived. I liked that my room was really clean and spotless. I didn’t have an issue with the service because they assisted me efficiently. I knew I was getting my money’s worth when they recommended me to be moved to a better room when a hotel guest canceled on the last minute. I didn’t though but I was thankful that they even asked. The food buffet was my most favorite.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JuneJenie,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed it.
Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our staff and this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we continuously strive to improve our services.

If you have a chance to come back to Saigon, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can assist with.

Bydgoszcz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had a great stay at Novotel Saigon. The place is in a good location. There is a amusement park just over the corner so our kid had a great fun there. As for the hotel we were really amazed when th elady over the counter upgraded us and we stayed in an executive room. The room had a great view ( we stayed on the 18th floor) and the room was really fantastic. It was big with modern furniture and nice walls. We had a bathroom with glass wall:) It was great fun. The swimming pool is there but the water was quite cool. Breakfast was so so. But overall we would go there definitely one more time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear jaras,

Thank you for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to know that you and your family were enjoyed your trip with us.

Hope to welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre soon.

Lioinel Moinard
Penang
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Had a 2 nights stay in this hotel, and it was great!
Smooth check-in process, comfortable bed, clean room, nice modern design.
Centrally located around cafes and eateries.
Will stay in this hotel again for my next trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear ander,

Thank you for your kind comments. Hope to see you soon in Saigon.

Cheers,
Nanjing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

two pieces of laundry are complimentary in suite guest. But as executive suite guest, I can't have my favorable breakfast at executive lounge as there are no egg, no hot food at 19th floor. Only fruit, bread, tea and coffee in the morning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Wendy W,

Thank you for your comment. I hope you have a good trip back to your country.

Please be informed for your next trip to our hotel that in fact buffet egg station is not available in our executive lounge but of course you can order it free of charge through our a la carte menu breakfast available from 6h00 AM to 10h00 AM. Full buffet breakfast is only available at Square restaurant on level 02.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Location is central with plenty of taxis available to take you anywhere. This is important as I visit clients every day. 2. Room is nice & big. Nice toilet. the only thing you will notice is the small space to place your toiletries. But you will adjust. 3. Nice big TV with lots of channels.4. Friendly staff 5. Food is great. plenty of variety 6. connected to the shoppping next door so didn't have to travel too far to do a little of shopping. Great business hotel / or if you like to do shopping. Free WiFi was important to me as I don't like to turn on data roaming. Great place if you invite clients for meetings.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear soumikc,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your last stay with us on Tripadvisor.

Your review has already been shared with all employees and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always strive to improve our services even further.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Saigon Centre.

H7965-gm@accor.com

Been to Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!