“Great Hotel & Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel

You added Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   167 Hai Ba Trung Street | Ward 06, district 03, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Special Price
EARLY BREAK - 21% OFF
Ranked #32 of 383 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“Great Hotel & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

For a hotel that advertises as a 'four star' they gave a very good service as being much more. At check-in the staff were extremely helpful and made sure that you were aware of all the facilities and locations. Within minutes of being in the room, bags arrived.
The room itself was on the smallish side: if travelling with two people only room for one bag on a shelf. The extras (shampoo etc) were of good quality and the shower had great pressure. The privacy of the two sided glass was a great idea.
We had breakfast included (buffet style). It was a wonderful spread with plenty of choices without waiting.The staff were attentive and quick to clear your plates and fill up the tea/coffee.
It is not located in a busy part of town which we enjoyed, but taxi is not expensive (the most we paid $4US) or if you enjoy walking it is all walking distance.
Overall, the service from all the staff was fantastic and could not fault, with the rooms being excellent too, although smallish. My partner who loves coffee found the bar to have the best coffee since arriving in Vietnam.
We would certainly stay here again whether passing through or for a few days.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear SLG014,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking some of your valuable time and posting this review on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to read that you and you partner enjoyed your time with us and that my colleagues provided you with a fantastic service through your stay. This makes me very proud and we have already posted your review on the staff notice board and I know all of them will be as pleased to read it as was i.

If you every have the opportunity to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hanoi, Ha Noi, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days and comparing to the big hotels around central area, this is a bit far that was not an issue at all for us. nice clean rooms, mini bar was exceptional, they almost have everything u can possibly want at that moment ;) And we checked out at 2 am and the staff was practically sleeping n working, that was amazingly slow check out i ever experienced.We ended up little annoyed, but over all clean hotel good value.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Degi C,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking some of your valuable time and sharing your recent experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us but also took note of your check-out experience. Please rest assured that I will be sharing this with our Front Office team and I will be working closely with them to prevent any future occurrences.

Thank you again and if you have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do let me know and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back again.

Nagoya, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

New, modern and clean. Great buffet breakfast. Great value for money. I would like to comeback to this hotel. This hotel is not in the center of touristy area, but walking distance from the cathedral. Ideal hotel for a business trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Sunny_world_traveler,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent business trip to Saigon, especially that you enjoyed our location. Indeed we are enough far away to enjoy some peace and quiet, yet still close enough that you can reach most tourist attraction by walking.

If you next business trip brings you again to Saigon, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any help. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre.

jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I stayed 2 nights here and realized this was a business hotel as there were not any children around. Close to restaurants, cathedral and also the mall (10 minutes walking). the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. taxis were available in front of hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear vonny s,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for staying with us.

I am thrilled to read that you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us and in Saigon.
Please rest assured that I will be sharing your feedback with the team and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always strive to further improve our services.

If you and your family have the opportunity to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again at Novotel Saigon Centre.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed here for two nights.
Nice rooms not too expensive either. Very clean and modern.
Hotel is in a good location, only about 50000 dong to Ben thanh markets and central area.
Food expensive and not a great selection.
Buffet breakfast was good, had a good range of foods.
Reception smelt badly every time we walked in and out of the hotel for some reason.
Did not deal with staff very much but was good service when we did.

Would stay again, decent value for a nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear MegaJord,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time and sharing your recent experience with us here on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Concerning the smell in the lobby, we recently installed some scent diffusers and I trust that there is no more bad smell in the hotel’s lobby.

It I also nice to read that our staff was able to provide you with a good service throughout your hotel as this is something we take great pride in.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future and if I can ever be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com

Been to Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!