“Good place for business travellers...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel

You added Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   167 Hai Ba Trung Street | Ward 06, district 03, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Special Price
EARLY BREAK - 21% OFF
Ranked #33 of 383 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore
“Good place for business travellers...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4days on a business trip, the hotel was good and had great room. I was given a deluxe room at floor# 10 with a great view to the city. The staffs were all excellent and speaks good english. The front office staffs were very friendly and helpful with all my requests. The swimming pool was great but the fitness centre they had is very small and had less equipments to work out.

One of the local restaurants "5KU" is very near to this hotel and I enjoyed the local vietnamese food with the local vietnamese people but that is the only restaurant you can walk by. If you want more options then you need to take 10mins taxi drive to Hai ba trung or Ben Than market.

Overall my stay in this hotel was pleasant and enjoyable. I will come back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Vinsebby,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for staying with us and writing this review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and please rest assured that I will be sharing your review with the team and I know that this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we continuously strive to further improve upon our services.

Concerning restaurants in the area, there are actually a few very close by, although some of them can be a little hidden away. Our concierge is more than happy to give out recommendations and directions to them and I do hope that you can discover some of them if you have a chance to come back.

Thank you again and it would be a pleasure to welcome you again at Novotel Saigon Centre.

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights in this hotel, it's new the beds are firm but not too firm. The pool area was excellent kept my daughters entertained for an afternoon. Easy walk to all the major attractions. Have just booked another night there on our return to HCMC at the end of the month.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tracey H,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for staying with us.

I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and in particular the pool area. I also would like to thank you for coming back again at the end of this month and my team and me are looking forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed in a interconnecting room with kids. It was only a stop over after staying in Nha Trang. It's in a good location to walk to restaurants and markets and museum. Very new and clean. Modern rooms with good facilities however they are on the very small side. Luggage storage for 1 bag only. Beds were pretty hard/firm but ok. The prices of drinks are a little high for Vietnam prices. Breakfast is good but finishes 10am on the dot. Don't come late and expect to eat. Service was ok, compared to the rest of our Vietnam holiday it could be rated average to poor. Pool bar was good but very slow to deliver drinks and food. Not very proactive with offering drinks.
I would stay here again if I needed a stop over in Ho Chi Minh.

• Stayed July 2013
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Nicsteve1,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for your review.

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad that you enjoyed it. However, I have also noted your comments and would like to thank you for your constructive feedback as such comments as yours allow us to further improve upon our services. Please rest assured that I will be sharing those with our respective managers.

If you ever have a chance to come back, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist in any way.

Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just stayed one week at this Hotel with my husband, for business. The hotel in overall is good, rooms are small compared to other hotels in Asia, but this is a Novotel, and you always know what you will get.
The location is very good, just a few minutes walk from the most important sites in Ho Chi Minh.
The only bad things about this hotel was the internet connection which was very bad, I had to call many times for it to be fixed, but it never worked well, also, the air conditioner was very bad and the room was humid all the time.
Breakfast was really expensive, almost 30USD pp.
Another thing was that they did not respect our corporate rate and unfortunately there was nothing the person at reception could do and we had to pay what they said was the rate.
Besides this, our stay was fine, but I will not come back to this hotel, I am sure there are other better value for money hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
NovotelSaigon, Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Maria55541903,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review.

I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for that.

I would very much appreciate if you could contact me directly at H7965-DM@accor.com as I am surprised to read about breakfast prices as it is less than 20USD pp. as well as to elaborate further about your corporate rate and why this was not respected by my colleagues so I can properly look into that.

Thank you and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Jan Kroeckel
Executive Assistant Manager
H7965-DM@accor.com
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Lovely and clean. Comfy beds. Awesome day spa. Great pool with bar and lounges and foot massages. Yum brekky. Very good staff. Affordable, great breakfast, nothing fancy but easy to hang out for a couple of days before the travelling begins...

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tway-Z,

Thank you very much for taking some of your time and posting a review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your review with the team and I know everybody will be very pleased to read about it.

Thank you again and if you have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist in any way.

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com

Been to Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!