“Positioned well, very modern with great bathroom!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel

You added Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   167 Hai Ba Trung Street | Ward 06, district 03, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Special Price
EARLY BREAK - 21% OFF
Ranked #33 of 383 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Positioned well, very modern with great bathroom!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We spent a couple of nights here in room 1611. After a delayed flight & arriving in the early hours we were greeted by friendly staff. The room was spacious with a great view. The bathroom was amazing...loved the glass wall that you could change to a frost look for privacy. The bed was very big & comfortable. Breakfast was included in the rate which was very reasonably priced. We ate in the restaurant & the selection & quality of foods was excellent. Room service was very prompt. We had issues with the wifi but was resolved after we contacted staff about this. Staff in general were always helpful & very friendly. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear SusanDun,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with our team, especially the kitchen, and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always try to further improve our services.

We do hope to welcome you again soon.

Lionel Moinard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The overall experience was good....The rooms were very comfortable after a tiring day.....had a good sleep.....The staff were really helpfull.....very good coffee shop....I stayed on the floor were there is a leisure lounge were you can have snack and internet facility which is free also wifi available in rooms..the only problem not much place for shopping nearby....need to take a cab. The rooms were around 120USD/night for double.....can get cheaper rooms in HCMC and better rooms as well but if you have accor cards it is worth as you will get points etc.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker there are no smoking rooms but have smoking terrace on the leisure lounge as wel...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear arebdude,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your review will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we continuously strive to improve our services further.

If you have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

lionel.moinard@yahoo.com
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. $4 cab ride to pretty much anywhere you need to get to in the tourist area and main Ho Chi Minh City sights. The pool, pool bar, gym and day spa level was a treat, amazing cocktails and massages.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Vanessssssa,

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us here on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us . I certainly will share your review with the team and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of us.

We hope to welcome you again soon and if you have a chance to come back to Saigon, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist with.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have been traveling all over the world and stayed in all classes of hotels, but this has been my worst experience ever. First, not all is the hotel fault, there is a crazy rule in vietnam that you can't bring a a vietnamise girlfriend unless you are married with her. However, i know that other hotels try to accommodate legitimate couples by booking another room without charge or just by ignoring the rule, as a matter of fact previous to coming to HCM we stayed in a five star hotel in nha trang without any issue regarding my girlfriend. But when we got to Novotel they forced us to book another room and pay for the new booking. We tried to call expidia to see what we could do but because the wifi in the hotel is worthless we couldnt comminicate thru skype and the hotel didn't allow us to use the phone to call expidia in the U.S., so we had no choice but book the other room and pay the extra booking.

To make things worst when we artived from dinner and were in bed we found out that the bed sheets had a redish/ brown stain, we called reception and nobody answer so we put a towel to over the stain in order go to sleep.

Also, like a mention earlier the wifi is totally worthless at the rooms and very weak at the lobby and restaurant, also, if you are looking for a businees center forget about it they dont have one, they just have two computers at the hall.

The only positive things i can say is that the breakfast was good and the room was nice, but the experience for us was so stressful that we will never ever stay in a Novotel hotel again

Dear doron k,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of the difficulties you have encountered during your visit.

The experience you describe causes us deep concern and I wish to apologies for the inconvenience happened during your stay with us.

Concerning your friend's room I am very sorry also that we were not able to give you satisfaction but we need from our side to follow the rules & regulations of the country.

I hope you will accept my deepest apologies and this experience will not impair your confidence in Novotel.

australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have just got home to Australia after Spending 6 nights at this Hotel. Beautiful Room 919, Very Clean and plenty of space for two of us, At 1st we couldn't get Wifi buts a quick word at reception and they supplied us with our own modem, No further problems. Room service was great we received meals in our room within 25min. Breakfast included in Room Rates we honestly could not complain about selction of food, something there for everyone's taste. Coffee and Tea were always hot and continually asking if we would like a refill. taxi always available and all staff very courteous could honestly not find fault with anything, Taxi very cheap to get around.
Always a cheery hello from staff.
This Hotel exceeds its 4 Star rating .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear shazgirl3,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your review with the team and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we continuously strive to further improve our services.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre and if I ever can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely,

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This Novotel is better than most hotels of this brand in Europe, but it's just a standard business hotel. The service was good, the room was kind of small and my Platinum gave me access to the Club Lounge, which offered a little selection of drinks and snacks. The value for the money I paid was alright. The breakfast offered a very good selection, so make sure to include that in your rate!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear familyde,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the team and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we continuously strive to further improve upon our services.

If you have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Novotel Saigon Centre.

Yours sincerely,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel is located on one of the busiest and more recognizable streets of Ho Chi Minh City. It is within walking distance of major tourist attractions such as the palace, museums and shopping centres. Being rather new, its amenities are definitely modern and still fresh.

Room Tip: Corner units are larger than normal ones
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!