“Centrally Located, Good breakfast spread but pricey for tourists on a budget” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel

You added Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   167 Hai Ba Trung Street | Ward 06, district 03, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Special Price
EARLY BREAK - 21% OFF
Ranked #33 of 383 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Centrally Located, Good breakfast spread but pricey for tourists on a budget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

i stayed for 6 nights mostly for business and the location was perfect! quick walk to the office and when i got some time to see the city most of the key tourist spots are walking distance as well. the breakfast noodles were a hit with me and thought the rooms were well appointed. only disappointment was that the iron they provided me was a cheap type so it didnt really work. i had to request them to send up another one. otherwise my stay was very relaxing and pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear manilagirl83,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you for your writing a review of your recent experience with us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and please rest assured that I will be sharing your review with my team. I have also taken note of your comment regarding the iron board and I will be following up on that with our Housekeeping Department.

If you have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist with.

Lionel.Moinard@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Empangeni
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights! Really good, close to district one! Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful too! They helped us with our travel plans, which was difficult as we were traveling over cny holiday! They went out of thier way to help us in terms of best transport etc..

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Ninakins9,

Thank you very much for taking some of your valuable time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially that our Concierge has been helpful to you. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with them and I am sure this will serve as an encouragement, not only to our Concierge, but to all of us as we continuously strive to further improve upon our services.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist with.

Karlsruhe, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Not much to say but the Hotel is very new and modern. It fits to the Novotel standard. It has a pool - but unfortunately its indoor :-(
The Gym is very nice and gives you a nice view above Sai Gon. Its also not to far away from the main street / city centre of Saigon - about 15mins walk you can see much around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear diskOS,

Thank you very much for your review and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Best Regards,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
- impeccably clean, smells fresh throughout the hotel
- considerably new hotel into operation for a year plus, thus everything still look and feel new
- swimming pool at few levels up with pool bar, day bed, open space concept
- gym is equipped with high tech machines whereby you can charge your iPhone, surf websites while exercising
- inbuilt sauna in restrooms
- room and bathroom are separated by a glass panel whereby you can flick the switch to make it opaque or clear (it's cool!)
- bed is neither soft nor hard
- good views of the city if you are at high floor
- delicious international breakfast buffet, good bread. Got to try the beef noodles broth.
- good value for money

Cons:
- not close to attractions or shopping area. Got to walk about 20mins to reach.

P.s. be careful of taxis meter scams. Take note of the meter. It should only cost about 15000-20000VND from Novotel to District 1. There are taxis whereby the meter can be adjusted by a controller. As such, the driver is able to adjust the meter and charge tourist an exorbitant amount. if that happens, tell the driver to turn in and stop infront of the hotel and ask for help from the hotel staff. In short, try to hop on a cab that's waiting at any reputable hotels instead of getting one off the street.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear faithzzy,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for taking some of your time and writing a review here on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your comments with the whole team and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always strive to further improve upon our services.

treviso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The hotel is new and all service running well. Clean and efficient, great for business and leisure.
Position not too far from down town, by taxi only 5'. Room really quiet, just the light is cold....
Security is fine, by lift key control system.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear enzo p,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can assist with.

Lionel Moinard

Been to Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!