“Nice hotel . Nice staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel

You added Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   167 Hai Ba Trung Street | Ward 06, district 03, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #34 of 371 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
California City, California
“Nice hotel . Nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Brand new hotel . Location is good, near centre of HCMC. Breakfast spread was excellent combination of continental and local options. What I especially liked is the well controlled central AC system. And the staff are very nice, they are always smile welcome guest or when they see guest come in hotel. Very nice
I have benefits on Premier lounge and I meet a very nice receptionist here, he is rather tall with 2 extra tooth, very friendly and enthusiasm.
I will stay in this hotel again when I come to saigon .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days on business visit. Hotel is modern, newly built and provides for all needs of a business traveler. Breakfast spread was excellent combination of continental and local options. What I especially liked is the well controlled central AC system. Front desk was very caring. They don't accept foreign currency and I was told that they are waiting for a license to handle foreign currency. Early check in was possible without any tassels. Mineral water and copy machine are provided as complimentary

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear shrikanth_hegde,

Thank you very much for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to inform you that we now have the foreign exchange license and we can now exchange all major currencies into Vietnamese Dong.

We hope that we can welcome you again in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

San Diego, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Prior to my arrival, I read a few bad reviews about this hotel, so I sent to the General Manager an email and expressed my concerns about those bad reviews. I was very surprised to find out the next day that I got a personal email from his Executive Assistant Jan Kroeckel reassuring me that he will be available to address my concerns and to reassured me that he will " remain at your disposal should you have any further questions."

The minute that my partner and I arrived, we received the warmest welcome from the Bell staff to the Front desk staff. Everyone has beautiful smiles on their face and is always very helpful whenever I ask them for assistance (one Bell staff even helped me buy a SIM card for my phone. How awesome is that?). Jan even came up and introduced himself to my partner and I while we had breakfast.

My reservation was only for 4 days at this hotel, but my plans changed and because of the excellent service and the wonderful hotel, I decided to stay two additional nights. So after a short conversation with Jan, everything was in place. The new reservation was made and we got to stay in the same room. (A+ for Jan).

This hotel is within walking distance to the Main Post Office, Le Notre Dame Cathedral, and The Independence Palace.

Would I stay at this hotel again when I return to Saigon? ABSOLUTELY.
Would I recommend my friends to stay here when they visit Saigon? ABSOLUTELY.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floor are away from the street noise and are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TaiDN,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for taking some of your time and writing a review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Please rest assured that I will share your comments with the team, especially with my assistant Jan who you so kindly mentioned. I am sure this will serve as an encouragement to all of us as we always strive to further improve upon our services.

Thank you again and if you have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any assistance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My parents stayed for 3 nights last October and they were so satisfied with everything at this hotel.

When I searched for a hotel for them, breakfast buffet and sleep quality were the number one priority to consider. Luckily and thankfully both of my parents applauded this hotel and I felt very relieved. During the same period, I stayed at other hotel for business, so stopped by to meet them to have dinner together. I also found out that the service level and facilities at this hotel were worth to stay.

The thing is its location. It is a little far from the center of Saigon, but the city center itself is not so big. The distance was good enough to walk for us and relatively made a quite environment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
NovotelSaigon, Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Katepark,

Warm greetings from Novotel Saigon Centre and thank you very much for your review. I am glad that your parents enjoyed their stay with us and please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with my team.

I hope that you have a chance to stay with us for your next trip to Saigon and please do not hesitate to let me know directly if there is anything I can assist with.

Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy year 2013.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Brand new very modern hotel. Would rate it 5+++. Short walking distance (or very short taxi ride) from all the major city historic sites: Notre Dame, War Museum, Palace etc.
Hotel staff very helpful in resolving a dispute we had with the taxi from the airport. Advised us only to use 2 taxi companies - very useful info.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelSaigon, General Manager at Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear SuzeHongKong_China,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad that your bell boys were of assistance when you had an issue with taxi. Indeed, we always recommending following two taxi companies as they are the most reliable ones: Mailinh and Vinasun.

Thank you again and if you have a chance to come back to Saigon again, please do not hesitate if there is anything I can assist with.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Novotel is a very new hotel in Saigon. Located near the border of District 1 and 3, the Novotel brings a fresh, style and trendiness to the city. In their design, they left out the marble, dark wood and stuffiness. They replaced is with a fresh live feeling which you sense when you walk through the front doors. Check in is a breeze. The lobby is spacious and vibrant with a really cool bar off to the right.

Like all HCMC hotels, you can book through Agoda. The price is mid to upper. Not bad for the experience. Check rates and specials as they happen often.

The rooms are stylish and modern with good city views. Wifi throughout, outlest near the beds and desk and cool shower that you can make opaque ot transparent (not sure who would do that but it's cool). The hotel is big an nice enough for serious business guests and cool enough for vacationers.

A couple of gripes would include the service...and location.

The hotel is new, and so is the staff. They are still working out their process to make things run smoothly. Sometimes they forget to brnig you things or just struggle with something very simple (e.g. getting an additional key for a room) . This is a work in progress, but a small distraction for the overall experience.

The hotel is located near some cool restaurants and an interesting neighborhood in general. But to get to the "regular" sight seeing and hang out spots in Saigon you'll have to cab it. It's not like the Rex or Park Hayatt where you walk out your door and youre in the middle of things. You gota get there first.

Overall, I think the Novotel is a great place to stay and you wont be disappointed with the experience.

Good Luck!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Novotel Saigon Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!