“Very Basic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of King Star Hotel Cao Ba Quat St

King Star Hotel  Cao Ba Quat St
You added King Star Hotel Cao Ba Quat St to your Saves list
King Star Hotel Cao Ba Quat St
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Cao Ba Quat St., District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 70000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #206 of 383 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Alberta, Canada
“Very Basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Looks a bit different in the pictures than in person. Central location close to the Opera House and Square, many markets and a short walk to the river. Rooms were marginal clean but not sparkling. The bathroom provided a bathtub and a shower but the mosquitos made easy access into our room everyday as the housekeeping always opened the bathroom window. Very basic a bit inadequate breakfast buffet, but they tried. The staff were quite accommodating, I look at this place as more of a fancy guest house.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ipoh, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We book 4 rooms and payment settled 3 months before arrival. When i am standing in front of the front desk, they told me they have only 1 room and the other 3 have to go to another hotel and transfer back the next day! Not just...
Next day, we have have tour booked and they said the room is not ready in another 15mins. Since we are going out, we dont mind to check in after the tour. Who knows after we came back from the tour and it was like 7pm. Only 1 room ready and 2nd room is ready in 15mins where the 3rd room can only be ready after 9pm!!
end of the day, the manager gave us a half day refund for the last room that check in after 9pm! Just imagine if you have to drag your tired sticky body until 9.15pm....

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions, when I arrived and left Vietnam. The first visit was most pleasurable and they were very helpful. On my return I was very tired and was put in a room on the first floor, practically in the nightclub next door. Unfortunately they said they were full and would tell the club to turn the music down. Unfortunately this was not the case. Would have happily given a better review apart from the Saturday night loud music issue. So if you have a flight early Sunday morning, avoid at all costs.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
jef-ind
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Spent three nights here when visiting Hanoi. Great location just minutes from the main square. Excellent and attentive staff. Room was quite small, but well appointed. Good breakfast buffet. Would strongly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I advise a deluxe suite for anyone. A very spacious room with a big screen tv and own desktop computer. The double spa was perfect you can spend hours in it!!!
Excellent staff and tasty brekky.
A great way to relax and unwind after trekking the footpath of the hustle and bustle of Saigon

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Only positive comments about this hotel.
I must commend the staff for their attitude and service.
The hotel location was perfect.
The rooms were large and really very clean.
I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I arrived at the hotel at 2:00 a.m. from my flight and naturally, I was tired and aching to get some decent sleep.

Upon checking-in, I was informed that there was no room available even though I have paid in full via Expedia. I was brought to another hotel that they probably also owned which was a bit disturbing since the front desk clerk was sleeping and didn't seem to know what to do with me. The room boy who accompanied me made a mistake and once again, I was brought to another hotel.

Finally, I was able to get some rest. I think they gave away my room since they thought I wasn't checking-in anymore. That is very unprofessional. Please stay in another hotel if you don't want to experience what I went through.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to King Star Hotel Cao Ba Quat St? Share your experiences!