“Fantastic place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Koniko Backpackers Hostel

Koniko Backpackers Hostel
You added Koniko Backpackers Hostel to your Saves list
Koniko Backpackers Hostel
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   149 Bui Vien Street | Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Hoi An, Vietnam
“Fantastic place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Loved this hostel. Great location, everything was clean, great wifi, reasonable price which included very decent breakfast (and a towel!). The staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful - even when I was being a pain! And they gave me breakfast to take away when I had to leave early. A common area to meet other guests would be great as my dorm was almost empty, but I don't think the building layout makes it possible. Other guests can be met over breakfast anyway.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

When we arrived in Saigon our hotel was overbooked and we had to switch to Koniko. Eventhough the staff was very friendly and accomodating some other things really annoyed me. The AC was broken and it took hours to fix it and then you couldn't regulate it. There was mold everywhere and the standards were relatively low in general compared to what you have to pay for it. Nevertheless the breakfast was really really good. In short, if it is an emergency it is a good place to stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Benidorm, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Everything of this is right. Good price, good staff. I mean I do like this place. Right on Bui Vien street, and the room is quite nice. However, I'm really annoyed of the wifi. I think if they can have a better wifi, there would be no complain about this. Perfect, I mean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Clean, tidy, safe and close to good restaurants, central, would recommend to travels looking for adventure on a budget, I would stay here again :-) although I would take ear plugs due to the noise outside at night. Also includes an easy delicious breakfast.

Stayed November 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed in this hostel for 4 nights during my trip through Vietnam.

+ hostel reminds more of a hotel (!)
+ very clean rooms
+ very friendly staff
+ great location and surprisingly not too noisy
+ flat screen tv (60+ channels)
+ hot shower
+ fresh towels and bedding provided every day
+ great value for money

- fridge was broken
- window was damaged and did not close properly
- at night the hostel is completely closed up (after night out this can easily freak you out... Took us a bit to find an entrance!)

Overall highly recommended 9/10. Great

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Oyama, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. When we arrived the hotel staff informed us that the cleaning lady was sick so our private room was not available until the following night. They did put us up in the dorms instead, and my partner and I had the whole place (10 beds) to ourselves. We weren't compensated financially for the mishap. There were lots of ants and the dorm was definitely rough around the edges. Nothing too frightening though. The worst part is the noise; but we expected this as it is on the lively bui vien street. It's nonstop loud music all night and loud traffic all day.
The wifi is good. Breakfast was included and not bad.... It's eaten in a fun little rooftop area where you sit on the floor on a cushion. The staff spoke little English but were very friendly. Location is awesome if you like nightlife. Wish they woulda had safes!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nites. Location, cleanliness n being very New from both outlook n interior are major plus points. The receptionists are friendly n helpful. Personally I will rate them to be among top 5 budget hotels in Hcm. It will be my first choice from now on.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Koniko Backpackers Hostel? Share your experiences!