“Beautiful Hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon

Save Saved
You added Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon to your Saves list
Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2A - 4A Ton Duc Thang St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Special Price
Riverview at 40% off
Ranked #5 of 351 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Coolangatta, Australia
“Beautiful Hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed in Legend hotel for 2 nights with a family of six. Foyer is absolutely magnificent.
We had read previous reviews that the front desk staff were unfriendly and inattentive therefore we were a little concerned prior to our arrival. During our stay however we found all staff throughout the hotel from the pool area, the front desk and even the nice security man at the lifts to be extremely friendly and helpful at all times. The nice young gentleman at the pool area even supplied us with an umbrella at the pool area because it looked like rain when we were leaving the pool.
Rooms were spacious and exceptionally clean. Bedding was very good.
Breakfast buffet is one of the best we have been to. All fresh and high quality food with a large selection.
Mini bar and drink prices were very good.
We will be definitely staying here again, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tram D, Marketing Communications Manager at Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to post your review. We are delighted to read your nice comments as we are constantly striving to enhance the experience for our guests. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon. Please feel free to let us know if we can be of any assistance.

689 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been coming to Legend for 4 years and sometimes invite my business partners here. The ambiance is great. Just wanted to inform management that some of the policies are not customer centered. I ordered a pot of tea at the 5 star prices to be expected. As I ordered I asked for an extra cup for my business associate. The friendly service attendant told me that my pot of tea would now be double price--even though the size didn't change--only an extra cup. This hasn't happened before under new management so I was quite surprised. I asked the attendant to bring two cups and charge me only for the pot of tea. She refused and didn't have the power to do it. So I ordered 1 cup and gave the tea to my business partner. This left a bad taste as it does not live up to 5 star service and I am not sure if I will come back again or send my clients to this hotel. Will this be fixed? I will see again next week when I return to test out the service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tram D, Marketing Communications Manager at Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment. We are grateful for your continued support over years.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your meeting with your business partner concerning the pot of tea’s price. This is absolutely not our hotel’s pricing policy and action has been taken to rectify the matter. Please be assured that such an incident will not reoccur.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, and hope that you will not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any service to you.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed for 5 days in a river view room. Rooms were clean and spacious, with the most enormous bed! We were most impressed with the service, helpful staff willing to assist at all times. Nice spot away from too much traffic noise but still a short walk to the action.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days - staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located in the town centre. Breakfast had a great selection and choice. Rooms were clean and the riverside views were amazing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We booked the weekend getaway package which is a quite good deal. We got a free upgrade to a river view room. Without the package I'd prefer one of the other 5-star hotels in HCMC.
The rooms have a little bit a strange color concept but are comfortable, and the view from 10th floor was incredible. The bathroom was clean and had a bath tub big enough for foreigners.
Breakfast on the 1st morning was good but on the 2nd morning (a Sunday) absolutely great. I can't explain why there was this big difference.
The pool was also nice and clean.

Room Tip: As the hotel most of the time is not booked out, chose the cheaper rooms towards the city and ask fo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Many staff on duty too so never had to wait long for service. Room and bathroom was very new and clean. Breakfast buffet selection and quality was also very good. Bit on the pricy side but well worth it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I'm hardly a nitpicker but in this case the details did drive me nuts.

First was the shower. You can control the temperature but not the water volume, so you have no choice but to work with a strong jet blast. Which would still be manageable except that the angle of the showerhead holder (not adjustable) is such that you get a literally horizontal blast of water at the far wall of the shower area that wets the surrounding unless you hold the showerhead in hand.

Next came the toiletries. The cardboard boxes and plastic wrappings are sealed so tight that I had to pick at them with my nails and struggle to tear them open.

Then I decided to order a drink from the room service menu...only to find out there were no beverages (alcoholic or otherwise) on the menu. Only food. Whereupon I just decided to go to bed.

But wait, the master control by the bed only turns off the floor and entrance lamps. So I had to walk over to the minibar counter to turn the spotlight off. (It was the staff who turned it on in the first place!)

To be fair, the rooms are newer than the nearby Renaissance Riverside and the lobby much grander. Alas the devil is in the details.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon? Share your experiences!