“Location, Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palace Hotel Saigon

You added Palace Hotel Saigon to your Saves list
Palace Hotel Saigon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   56-66 Nguyen Hue Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #152 of 370 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Australia
“Location, Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is our second visit to HCMC we went as two couples and stayed at the Palace Hotel.
The secret is to get a room with balcony on higher floors.
We enjoyed the hotel good beds, aircon fine and as mentioned in other reviews breakfast mainly Asian but we all enjoyed the meals and tried everything - great omletes.
Everything is within walking distance.
Very efficient front desk and staff we had no complaints.
This was good value.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors we were on 8 it was great with balcony looking down to the river and centra...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We made a booking through a tour company and was arranged to stay in Saigon Palace hotel and we very happy with the service provided. The hotel offer great location where you can find everything just on foot!  The street  - Nguyen Hue was very nice in the evening and late night. We had some walks here and there to explore  some places near by.
About the hotel, friendly staff, clean room, good foods and a quite large room with city view can be the good points to add to my review. Lovely hotel and highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is well located in central HCM. Breakfast was excellent. Our room was a decent size and very comfortable. The only negative was that our bathroom had a terrible smell when we reentered the room which tended to reduce after about ten minutes so we didn't complain. We would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: Our 10th floor room was well above the traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Baguio City, Baguio, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel has a great location. You can walk going to Ben Than market and other shopping establishments/malls. you can also walk going to the City Hall, Reunification Palace and Saigon River. At night there are also bars/clubs nearby and you won't feel any worry walking around. Rooms are clean and spacious. Food and service is also ok. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were so very pleased when we went out of the hotel in the morning after we arrived, we could not have wished for a better position. Walking distance of everything we wanted to see and just up the road from the Saigon river where we went on a couple of trips. Really good restaurant on the 14th floor I think, expensive compared to street food but still cheap for us. Everything we needed at the hotel and very helpful staff too. Thank you. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here several times. Although my first impression was good it quickly started to degrade. BE WARNED: their rooms strongly in quality! My first room was great! It looked relatively nice and had everything I needed. However this was still not a four star hotel I am used to in other countries. Since a good quality affordable hotel is not present in Ho Chi Minh I decided to come again. The second time a leaking airco broke they keyboard of my laptop. I realised this was partly my fault and decided to reason with them about partial coverage through the hotel insurance. Unfortunately they thought I was scamming them and told me so very rudely. I started to notice that these people are not service oriented at all. They are really lazy, egocentrical and can almost feel like bullies. I am not small minded and thought this was just unlucky. The last time I came I was in a hurry, what a bad choice to come here again. The room I got offered now was absolutely terrible. Cockroaches and other bugs where present. The TV and other furniture was not maintained (broken or in bad quality) and very very dirty. It was an empty room with no ambiance or luxury at all and most of all they were not forthcoming in helping me. Instead their arrogance and blatent rudeness shocked me to the core. No I would not recommend this hotel. The rooms vary from decent to terrible. The staff is friendly untill you encounter problems and brace yourself if they start to become unfriendly. I honestly hope I scare a couple of people away. I normally dont believe in bad reviews, but this hotel deserves one.

• Stayed July 2013
Kalbarri, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked a suite with balcony through Agoda requesting twin beds as we are a male and a female in our fifties travelling together but do not want to sleep together. We received an email saying this type of room only has a king bed so on arrival we still wanted a suite but with an extra bed. It was no trouble for them to put another bed in our room but at an extra US$18 per night. I still don't understand why this room doesn't have twin beds as not every one is a couple.
The room was very nice, spacious and clean. I had the big bed but it was hard. The shower was great, good pressure and hot. We were on the 12th floor on the corner so we had good views but it was so noisy, heaps of traffic all the time.
Buffet breakfast was nice but catered more for Asians.
The pool on the roof is small but it's not busy so that's fine.
I had a really good massage at the spa.
The location is great, perfect for what we wanted.
Staff speak good English which is a bonus. The tours guide in the lobby is really helpful to organise what ever you want to do.
I would stay here again but have a room at the back and hope it would be quieter.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Palace Hotel Saigon? Share your experiences!