First was the downside. Was here for our corporate meeting and came in on an early flight. Arrived at 845am only to be told that my room requested (one king bed) would not be available until 6PM. They said I could have a twin sharing but the room was smoking. I didn't feel that it was worth the argument. Was there any other room that had a King Bed? (so I like sprawling) The reply - YES. But I had to upgrade and pay $87 more (each night, stayed for 3 nights) to the Grand Tower. Well, yeah - go ahead and book it. What was I to do in the sweltering heat of Ho Chi Minh? Wait until 6PM?!?!
Then that was the upside. And was I glad about upgrading. The rooms were far better and sprawling (not only the bed). The view was much better. And I had access to the Grand Lounge which was, to say, a very good come on. The food was continuously flowing. Breakfast at the Grand Lounge (I preferred it, as I don't like pigging out on buffets), was very good and quiet. There was light afternoon snacks and high tea. And at 5-8PM, there were h'ors d'oeurves with fine wine or light champagne served endlessly (you could have had dinner for this).
Water came either still or spirited and there were extra snacks served in your room before you retired. Pampering came as a privilege for upgrading to a better room and it was worth the buck!
Oh, and did I tell you that there were complimentary clothes press, complimentary wifi, and you could choose from a gift that ranged from chopsticks to lacquer boxes to a rub down at the spa?
Life couldn't be better and I should thank the stars for bumping me off the old wing.
In addition, Sheraton Saigon was right smack in the heart of the shopping district and all the great food.
Earmark this hotel. And don't scrimp on the luxury. Posh and relaxed couldn't get this better.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Saigon Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Saigon Hotel
- Sheraton Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Sheraton
- Sheraton Saigon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City's vibrant business and entertainment district, Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers is a heaven of convenience, connecting you with colleagues and friends. Conduct business meetings in style or enjoy the sights and sounds of the city in our central location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Starwood APAC, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Expedia, getaroom.com, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.