This hotel is located in the more elegant and expensive part of Sai Gon, just hidden behind the Caravelle hotel. If you are into backpacking and want to spend most of your time in the Phạm Ngũ Lão street, you will have walk a couple of kilometers. But the Sheraton is well located for your visits to museums and some of the better restaurants.
The gym was average but fine. The cardio equipment was of the Matrix brand which I am familiar with. I did not use the outdoor pool, but it looked nice and inviting and about the same size as the on in Sheraton, Nha Trang.
The room was fine, but this hotel is apparently all about tobacco smoking. As a former smoker I may be particularly easy to annoy, but one should think that a Sheraton would be more modern.
The person who checked us in failed to ask if we wanted a smoking or not smoking room. Being European we never thought to ask, since non smoking should be the default. So he assigned us a smoking room. Admittedly, they do a good job of airing the rooms but it still reeked. Since we were only there for one night and pretty tired, we did not take them up on their offer to move us.
Contrary to the Sheraton in Nha Trang, the whole lobby area is a wifi zone, accessible to the guests. That is very nice and in my book in full accordance with the the way the Internet ought to be available for free everywhere you pay to stay; after all, this is 2011. Additionally, the Internet speed is FAST. I just spent two weeks in the Nha Trang area and the speed was a crawl with long periods of no speed at all in all three places i stayed, including two five star accommodations, so getting back to speed was a relief.
Unfortunately, two thirds of the wifi area is also a smoking zone. I would not recommend this five star hotel to a non smoker. So sorry, because the hotel is nice in every other respect. They just have to wake up and smell the (smokeless) future. Perhaps I am being unjust (having 100 guests lining up outside the hotel for a smoke would not look good).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City's vibrant business and entertainment district, Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers is a heaven of convenience, connecting you with colleagues and friends. Conduct business meetings in style or enjoy the sights and sounds of the city in our central location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Saigon Hotel And Towers
- Sheraton Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Sheraton