I absolutely loved the details and decor at the Sofitel Saigon Plaza. They had beautiful fresh floral arragements everywhere and in the evening, candles were lit every where as well.
We had a king bed with the city view. There was a seating area as well as a vanity area. For Asia standards - this room is huge.
I loved the room decor and color palettes - and adored that the rooms were modern and fused with beautiful Asian details. Like a bird cage, or an Asian design motif in their sidetables.
We ordered room service a few times and it was great. Very tasty and clean - and they bring it up on a beautiful table on castors with a vase of flowers and a candle. It's expensive compared to what you pay for on the streets in Ho Chi Minh. But you are staying at one of their nicer hotels.
The rooftop pool was really nice. Especially after a morning of hustle and bustle in the humid and hot city - jumping into that pool with a glass or rose or a beer was just perfect.
I was really disappointed by the spa though. The spa shared space with the fitness centre - which was great btw. The reception staff were quite friendly. But the spa was really small and didn't have much to it. No hot tubs, or lounge area. I'm accustomed to the therapist leaving the room when I disrobe and get onto the massage table. However, my therapist stayed in my room and waited for me to undress. Very uncomfortable. The massage itself was ok. But i was not able to relax the entire time because the staff out at the reception desk were so loud - they were almost shouting at each other for a whole hour! It was very frustrating. My therapist also left the room for about 5 minutes part way through the massage. I hope the hotel will commit some time to better training so that their spa can align with the rest of their hotel image (i.e. professionalism and better standards of service and facilities).
The front desk staff and the pool staff were great though. Very polite and their communication was great. However, I didn't know about their shuttle service until I read someone's review on here today. On our last night, I called the front desk to book a shuttle to the airport and they were going to charge us $60-$65USD. I think that's a bit steep (taxis are only around $20?).
All in all - the hotel is very lovely. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms are spacious and the food is good. The spa was a thumbs down. And even though we told the hotel we were on our honeymoon - we didn't get anything. No offers to upgrade, no little welcome fruit plate. Nada. If you ask for something they'll make sure to get it to you, but don't expect them to go above and beyond.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Saigon Plaza is located on peaceful tree-lined Le Duan Boulevard just a moment from the city's commercial centre with it's fabulous shopping dining and landmark attractions like Notre Dame Cathedral and Reunification Palace. Newly renovated rooms and suites offer guests contemporary 5-star hotel style with a blend of modern French design and Vietnamese influences. Each room features spacious elegance while the Imperial Suite is the largest in Saigon. Situated in the business district and offering a full range of expert services the hotel is ideal for business as well as leisure travellers to Ho Chi Minh. It's conference facilities make it a preferred host for Magnifique weddings and events. Experience the French art de vivre the best of Ho Chi Minh City and gracious 5-star hotel service at Sofitel Saigon Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Saigon Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Saigon Plaza Hotel Ho Chi Minh City
- Sofitel Hotel Plaza Saigon
- Sofitel Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Sofitel