The hotel itself has absolutely no character. Bellman tried to sell me tours as his second job was a tour operator on my arrival. Lobby is sterile and the 5th floor Atrium is pretty, but no energy (although they do offer free wi-fi). I am a Marriott member and stayed on the executive floor. Food was mediocre and doesn't compare to the JW Marriott in Bangkok.
I was solo and they gave it to me for $40 vs $55 but for the prices of food and cocktails in Saigon, I would have been better off going to a local place. The upside is that the pool was lovely and although the lounge chairs have seen better days, it was nice to relax in the sun and view the surroundings from the roof. Probably the best breakfast buffet, which is normally $19US per day and is included in the executive rate. Don't bother with the massage. I had a Stone Massage and it was awful. The spa is definitely not their priority at this hotel and I believe the cater more to business travelers. However the location was excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located in the heart of Saigon's business and entertainment district, the Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon offers warm hospitality, first-class amenities and incredible panoramic views of the Saigon River. Ho Chi Minh's famous landmarks such as the Reunification Palace and the beautiful Opera House are all within strolling distance as are numerous sellers of Vietnamese arts and crafts: a fascinating mix of commercial, retail, entertainment and cultural highlights at your door. Pamper yourself in a newly refurbished club room and after a day of meetings or sightseeing, take a dip in our rooftop pool,relax at our sun soaked poolside terrace. Alternatively enjoy a drink in the Atrium Lounge, a leisurely dinner at Kabin Chinese Restaurant or dine in our Riverside Café for Western and Vietnamese culinary delights. If you are looking for a hotel for an event or meeting the Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon offers meeting facilities which include natural daylight and river views ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Renaissance