“My favorite French Bistro in Ho Chi Minh” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #440 of 1,690 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: French, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: French traditional food in the heart of Saigon.
HCM
“My favorite French Bistro in Ho Chi Minh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

My favorite French Bistro in Ho Chi Minh. Excellent value with high quality food. Try the swordfish carpaccio; best I've had. Onion soup is excellent at 25% of the price of a competitor around the corner (for real!).

Staff is very friendly. Can be a bit noisy at night, but nice casual friendly setting.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bangkok
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were taken by friends who live in Saigon. The food was of good quality, and similarly the service. Decor a little bit tired, but maybe that gives a feeling of authentic. My only gripe is the fact that there was a lot of smokers and there does not appear to be any non-smoking section. But that may be the law of the land.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stumbled across this lovely little restaurant when we were lost only to find out afterwards that it had rave reviews in Tripadvisor. Good choice of French food with a French owner/chef. Food was on the pricier side as was the wine but you pay for what you get. The staff were very friendly and spoke good English with good knowledge of what the restaurant was serving. We had Samantha looking after us and she did a great job, thank you Samantha ;).

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Good food, friendly staffs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Good food at great prices. Staffs were very friendly & offered advices on the menu. We were surprised by music & birthday cake for my daughterr's birthday. Thank you staffs!!

Do make reservations, even during weekday.

Visited December 2012
SouthEast Asia
“Lovely atmosphere, inconsistent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

You could have the greatest meal at Le Bouchon, or you could have an expensive meal that leaves much to be desired. This has been my experience of the place. While I really love the interior (which really does feel like you're back in France), and the atmosphere is always friendly and enthusiastic, I hate to say that I haven't returned for some time now, because the last two meals I've had there were really lacking (compared to the first few times I visited).

The best meal was the chicken with mushroom risotto- If going to this place, I think you're safe with the chicken. The steak on the other hand, was what I had ordered the two meals that left me disappointed. Both times, the meat was extremely chewy, difficult to cut... just a bad piece of meat.

The cost of the meal adds up quickly here- which appetizer, wine, dessert and entree- it can easily add up to $50 a person... Which is fine, if I know that I'll be satisfied at the end of the meal. Unfortunately, I wasn't... so I've steered clear of this place since.

• Visited November 2012