“Lovely staff, great location, super little hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Little Saigon Boutique Hotel

You added Little Saigon Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Little Saigon Boutique Hotel
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   36Bis/ 2 Le Loi Street, Ho Chi Minh City 70000, Vietnam   |
Offers & Announcements
WINTER SAVING: 50% off
Ranked #32 of 679 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
London
“Lovely staff, great location, super little hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here on two occasions whilst I was in Saigon, and had a wonderful stay both times. Picked up by the hotel at the airport, (always reassuring to see a sign with your name on!) and was made very welcome on my arrival, and the concierge kindly relieved me of my suitcase and carried up the steps which was something of a relief! Love the way the hotel is tucked away down the alleyway, you're right in the heart of the city, but the hotel is lovely and quiet. I was very happy with my room, everything I needed. Clean, plenty of space, good range of toiletries, hairdryer, flat screen TV, Wi-Fi etc. Complimentary water, and very reasonably priced snacks in the room. Lovely big bed, great nights sleep. The staff were all fantastic, couldn't do enough. Had an early flight in and arrived at the hotel around 9.00, so had breakfast when I arrived. Really enjoyed, good selection of hot and cold, and eggs cooked very nicely to order. The lady who serves breakfast was really lovely, sorry to have missed saying goodbye to her when I left. All the reception staff are really welcoming, every one of them very friendly and helpful. They had organised for the housekeeper to kindly get my room ready very early, so pretty much after I had finished breakfast, I was able to check in, which was great considering normal check in should have been 2pm I believe. When I checked in on my second visit, I felt like I was one of the family being welcomed back!
Amongst other things, the reception guys also booked a ticket for me for the amazing AO show which was on at The Saigon Opera House, and got it delivered to the Hotel as I was out on trips a lot of the time, and was worried it would sell out before I could get there, which was really kind. They also gave me a great recommendation for an excellent restaurant called Ngon (which I understand means "delicious" in Vietnamese - hope I have got that right?) The food certainly was delicious! it's in the street called Pasteur,j ust around the corner from the hotel, only about 5 mins walk. I went there 3 times whilst I was in Saigon, amazing place! That's one of the great things about this hotel, as other reviewers have already said, it's in a great location, walking distance for most of the key sights, iand lots of restaurants nearby.Was very happy with my stay, and when I left the second time to go back to the UK, one of the receptionists Samir (hope I've spelled that correctly) and the housekeeping lady came out to wave me off! Will definitely go back to stay at the Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, if I'm in Saigon again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Writer,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments and what you have commented is exactly as what we want to offer to our valued guests.

Yes, our location can't beat as we are the only Hotel located on the Le Loi Boulevard and you can access any key tourist attractions within a walking distances and we are in short alley, therefore, you definitely have a good and sound sleep as It blocks all of the noise from the busy street outside.

Once again, thank you and look forward with pleasure to welcoming you and your friends back with us the coming time.

With best regards/ John La - Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

There is nothing boutique about this hotel. Firstly it was so damn hard to find. The address written on all of our booking correspondence was backward, it's actually number 38 Le Loi not number 2 as written, which takes you down a tiny alley not on our map and the hotel is at the end. The standard rooms are a tiny box with no window, and barely enough room to walk around the bed when two bags are on the floor, and there is no safe. We checked in to our room, sat down on the mattress (which was absolutely stuffed and below an acceptable standard), and a huge cockroach ran across the pillows.. That's ok I thought, we are in a 2 star Vietnamese hotel after all.. So I asked the lady at reception for some bug spray and sprayed it under the bed, only to see more run out around the room. I looked around for the source of the roaches and saw two little vent windows open so I tried to close them but they were broken and uncloseable. Then I thought there is no way I can sleep here for three nights being paranoid cockroaches will run across my face so I asked the receptionist for a different room, she said it was fully booked.. I looked online for a new hotel and saw there were standard and deluxe rooms available for this very hotel, so I went back outside and suggested they move me to a new room or refund my money, there was much resistance, many phone calls to the manager who I requested to speak with but was told he was at work and not available. Eventually to their credit they moved us to a sister hotel a few blocks away called the Vivian hotel and gave us a deluxe room. An acceptable outcome but a draining experience nonetheless.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Writer,

It's definitely our fault and nothing can explain about this. However, what we tried to compensate your stay is to accommodate you at our Balcony Deluxe at the Sister hotel called: Little Saigon Corner boutique hotel that is a bit higher standard than our Little Saigon one.

- In order to make clear to other travelers that our address is at: 36 Bis/ 2 Le Loi Street, District 1. As our hotel is located inside the alley of 36 Bis Le Loi, that's why the 36 bis/ 2 has the plash sign behind as we are tucked away in the alley from this bustling city and our guests could enjoy the good & quite sleep as night.

In anyrates, that was obviously our mistake and I, on behalf of the Management, sincerely apologized for what had caused you inconveniences and unhappy feeling with us and we wish to have a chance to welcome you back with us in the near future then, we could do something to compensate your stay.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Lovely little hotel. Book room 602 on the top floor for a private and large balcony that features a 300 degree view of busy Saigon. Hotel located at walking distance to major sites of interest (market, puppets, post office, cathedral, palace etc...)

Room Tip: 602 or 602
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Writer,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments & the room you stay is our Grand Deluxe category.

Yes, our location can't beat as we are the only Hotel located on the 36Bis/ 2 Le Loi Boulevard and you can access any key tourist attractions within a walking distances and we are in short alley, therefore, you definitely have a good and sound sleep as It blocks all of the noise from the busy street outside.

Newcastle, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Very disappointed with this hotel. Whilst they advertise 5 star beds the beds are terrible! The springs poke through the mattress and numerous springs are broken / over used causing the bed to sag! The linen and bathroom were dirty at time of check in! Will not be recommending this hotel

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Writer,

On behalf of the Little Hotel Chain, I sincerely apologize for your inconveniences & unhappy feeling when staying with us recently. However, you are the 1st guests who complained about the bed at our hotel as the bed we use is the EVERON brand and only equipped at the 4 or 5 star hotel in Ho chi minh city.

Nevertheless, since you are not completely satisfied with our level of services, even you appreciate our quite & convenient location, please accept our sincere apology for this inconveniences and we look forward to having another chance to service you for your next trip in Saigon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was hesitant between booking a higher-end larger hotel or Little Saigon Boutique Hotel. A friend of mine had recently stayed at their sister hotel in Hoi An and loved it so I decided to give it a try.

The quick email responses convinced me. Booked an airport arrival transfer and really enjoyed having someone picking us up on arrival.
Had a nice room on top floor with a huge terrace. Clean, comfortable, convenient. Not 5 stars but we were not expecting it either.
What we really enoyed at this hotel was the service: the staff at the reception, the "concierge", the lady at breakfastt... All were very friendly and helpful.
Would definitely recomment this hotel if you want a friendly home away from home, rather than a large impersonal hotel.

Room Tip: Spoil yourself and book a room with a balcony !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Writer,

Many thanks for your complete enjoyment stay with us. The management & our "little" TEAM feel very encouraged & motivated with your GREAT comments on everything during your recent stay with us and we can't be complacent, but still have a long way to go and our aim is to make any single guests who select our Little Hotel Chain as home away from home.

We look forward with pleasure to welcoming you & your friends back with us in the coming time.

Yours very truly,

John La/ Manager
Rochester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel is perfectly adequate for people not in need of five star luxury but don't want to be in the backpacker district. The hotel is centrally located within 15 minutes walking of the major sites; War Remnants Museum, Reunification Palace and the Bitexco Financial Tower and Ben Thanh Market. It is situated down a small alley which adds to the authenticity of being in Vietnam. The hotel is small, and was reasonably priced, although the room we stayed in was not as advertised. The hotel website states that all deluxe rooms include DVD, welcome fruit basket on arrival, turndown service, writing desk, daily newspapers and flowers. We didn't see any of these!! The balcony was very different to that which is pictured on the website. There were no chairs or table and it would have been difficult to fit these on. My partner smokes and it was adequate for him to go outside. When we queried the balcony with reception we were told the one on the website is the "Grand deluxe" room but we have seen no option to book this room. The view is not exactly exciting - Taka plaza is small and view from the rooms at the front is largely of the concrete building opposite, so don't book this hotel if you want a room with a (good) view. Staff were friendly and the hotel was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spacious - ideal for a cheap stay in the city. Overall good value, just not quite as advertised.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Writer,

Many thanks for your constructive comments and we really appreciate these suggestions that will help us to look at ourselves and take the necessary actions to rectify these issued immediately.

First of all, I on behalf of the Management, would like to apologize for your unpleasant feeling when staying with us during your recent visit in this vibrant City.

Regarding your Deluxe room without fruit basket, DVD, daily newspaper as advertised on our flyer placed the front desk, we would like to clarify that these benefits already withdraw from all OTAs and the flyers we placed at the Reception counter are the Updated ones. By right, we do remove these benefits from most of the popular OTAs, but your one has not updated yet. We apologized for that.

Any rates, since you are not really satisfied with our level of service and that is our mistake. We again apologize about that and one thing I just want to make sure with you that these issues will be rectified at once and we look forward to welcoming you come next year with us and you will notice the changes in practical, but not words.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I too was disappointed with the size and no window on a standard room. Its something you would expect in a very expensive cramped city, not in Saigon.
My room door was next to the stairs.

Unfortunately every morning the cleaning staff starting from 6am made a bit of noise on the stairs and at the cleaning trolley they placed outside my door. The door had large gaps around it which did not help.

Breakfast did not look worth paying any money for.

My gf who had been staying with her family in Saigon, had decided she wanted to sleepover a couple of nights in the hotel. (As I have travelled extensively for business through Asia, China, Taiwan, hk I always book for 1 person and never had issues bringing girls overnight). So it was a shock when she came to the hotel and they did not allow her to enter. and I was unable to amend my booking for 2people and instead they forced us to pay a $15 charge per night. The room rate was only 30 per night!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Writer,

Many thanks for your selecting our hotel as your home away from home during the recent Business trip in Saigon and we believed that you would enjoyed and appreciated with our central location whereas you just walked a few steps to all of the major tourist places in this bustling city.

Taking this opportunity, I would like to clarify with you that you booked thru OTAs for 1 person and that night you would like to bring your Vietnamese GF into the room for overnight that is against our local law that does not allow Foreigners to share the same room with our local girl WITHOUT a Marriage Certificate and our room rates for Single & Double occupancy is also different. Probably, our staff did not explain to you clearly about these and the misunderstanding raised from here.

Thank you very much for your constructive comments and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you & your friends back with us in the coming time.

With best regards/ John La - Manager

Been to Little Saigon Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!