“Great little hotel and great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Little Saigon Boutique Hotel

You added Little Saigon Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Little Saigon Boutique Hotel
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   36Bis/ 2 Le Loi Street, Ho Chi Minh City 70000, Vietnam   |
Offers & Announcements
Summer Saving: 50% off
Ranked #24 of 704 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Great little hotel and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I booked two nights via Agoda as I needed an inexpensive place to sleep for two nights before my flight to Hongkong. I choose this hotel based on positive reviews on Tripadvisor and Agoda. I am glad I did stay here as the staff are absolutely fantastic.

My flight was over 8 hours late ( TIP – don’t ever use the low cost carrier VeitJet.) and I didn’t arrive until after midnight. I was afraid they gave my room away as I didn’t call to tell them. The front desk staffer named Tony was all smiles and told me my room was 001 in the basement. At first I was apprehensive but the room was just as nice as the rooms on the higher floors. They moved me to a higher floor the next day.
Catherine, the front desk supervisor does an excellent job representing the hotel. She is a smart and attractive woman who always has a great smile and is eager to help whenever she can. A pleasure to chat with her.

This hotel room has a nice flat screen, fridge with stocked with drinks (not overpriced), great bathroom with included toiletries, and an in-room air conditioner.

The only thing this hotel needs is an- in room safe. Catherine was happy to store my passport but I would rather put it in an in-room safe.
Not hard to find this hotel – it’s close to the bent ran market and the city center.

Thanks Catherine and Tony for making my stay pleasant! Jeff from the USA

Room Tip: it's all good
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Writer,

Many thanks for your GREAT comments on GREAT hotel and GREAT staff. Catherine & Tony and our "little" TEAM is very pleased to learn that you completely enjoyed with recent stay with us and you find our hotel as the worthy place to recommend for other travellers who look for low cost + central & convenient location + high quality bedding and caring staff.

We look forward with pleasure to welcoming you & your friends back with us in the coming time.

With best regards/ John La - Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have a very comfortable stay in little Saigon, mainly because of it nice cosy hotel room and bed, w/ adequate facilities, and very friendly and cheerful reception particularly Ms Catherine. Thumbs up for Her enthusiasm and intelligent too. It would be my first choice accomodation if I am travelling here again on budget. This hotel has limited rooms becos it is small, therefore may not be available if the dates is close.

Room Tip: I have stay in the deluxe room w/ balcony. It should have a better view and is facing the morning s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Writer,

Thank you very much for your very thoughtful comments us as: “Perfect Location, Nice Rooms, very comfortable beds and bathrooms too.”

For those searching for low cost + central & convenient location in this bustling city + high quality bedding and good & sound sleep => This is your choice.

We may be "little" in sizes, but not in the hospitality. Let's feel the center with us at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Spent a lovely couple of nights here. the location isn't totally easy to find - google and the hotel's website has it wrong - it's actually down a little alley by Le Loi 36. which is right in the middle of everything so absolutely perfect. the staff were lovely, only wish we could have stayed a little longer.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if your room has a window, the basic level rooms do not, as i s often the case in...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Writer,

Many thanks for your Great value, good location and friendly staff's comments and we are pleased to learn that you find a true value of your stay with us.

Our address is: 36 Bis/ 2 Le Loi Boulevard, just 20 meter tucked away from the 36 Le Loi, therefore our guests could be able to stay right in the center, but still safe & quite at night.

Again, thank you very much for your GREAT reviews and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you & other travellers back to our "little" one in the coming time.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I'm a little reluctant to write this review because I would love to keep this place as my secret in Saigon. I stayed for 3 nights in November 2012 and booked a Superior room. The room was quite nice, although the location of the hotel down an alley off Le Loi meant not much natural light and that the hotel wasn't that easy to find (if taking a cab, go to 2 Le Loi and walk down the alley - you'll see a red sign). The upside is that it is a bit quieter and lack of light didn't really matter to me because I was roaming around Saigon all day and just needed a comfortable place to sleep.

The thing that I will remember however is the wonderful level of service provided by the staff, including the often mentioned Catherine. Everyone would always welcome me back with a smile and Catherine was kind enough to help me with my logistics for my journey to Can Tho.

Over and above that, the staff helped me recover my iPod that I inadvertently left in a taxi cab from the first night of arrival!!!

Great location, wonderful service, comfortable bed, reasonable price. Enough said. Thank you for a great stay. I wish you much success with this hotel and hope that I can experience your hospitality again in the near future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Writer,

So, you still decided to disclose this little "gem" to other travellers as you can't keep this place for yourself only. Big thanks for your wonderful reviews us on the trip and I trust that other travellers would find this as an valuable & useful advice for searching the low cost, central & convenient location with reasonable price in this bustling city.

Let me take this opportunity to correct a bit: our hotel's location is at 36Bis/ 2 Le Loi Boulevard, that means you can ask the cab driver to drop off at 36 Bis Le Loi, then you can notice our Sign Board that lead you to go inside the alley about 20 meter.

Again, thank you very much for your kind & thoughtful comments and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you & other travellers to our unique "little" one in Saigon.

Trogir, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is very cute hotel in GREAT location for shopping, walking and feel safe in HCM. My fiance and me arranged the cheapest room without window (on agoda) because we were planning to stay one or two nights before our flight home. The room was not available and they upgrade us in beautiful room with balcony and big bathroom, very clean and not noisy as we heard HCM is. Hotel is in one little street very very very close to street Le Loi which is wonderful for shoping. Near hotel you have one great shop were you can buy art supplies.
Hotel is very clean, stuff is very polite and helpful and it is really more luxurious to stay in this street for really cheap price than in other streets with *night ladies for the same price.

Room Tip: Room with balcony is great room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Writer,

Many thanks for your kind reviews us as: “Great value, great stuff and great location” and we are pleased to learn that our valued guests continue to find our place as the trusty & worthy place to stay during their holiday in this bustling city.

For those searching for low cost + central & convenient location + high quality and good & sound sleep at night in this city => This is your place.

Again, thank you very much for your positive thoughts and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you & other travelers to our "little" one in the coming time.

Sherwood, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The staff at this boutique hotel is the reason I'm rating this as excellent. They were one of the most accommodating, helpful staff we've encountered in our travel experience. Catherine and every one that worked at the counter were so friendly. We moved around in Vietnam and the last night we were in Saigon we stayed at another hotel by the airport and Catherine still allowed us to book a private tour to the Cu Chi Tunnels through their hotel (highly recommend doing this) and had the tour guide come and pick us up at the other hotel. They even called to find our room number at the other hotel and the tour was excellent and on time.

The breakfast was good and had several options to choose from. The location is excellent! It's right in the heart of District 1, within walking distance to all the major tourist sites and pretty quiet as it's not on the main drag.

When you first arrive from the airport with your bags, the taxi drivers don't seem to know where the hotel is located, so we wandered around for a bit with our bags trying to locate the hotel. It's right next to the Baskin Robbins ice cream store. You will see a red sign above a small alleyway with the Little Saigon sign - walk all the way down the alley to the end. You will pass by some shops and motorcycles, then look up and to the left and you will see stairs that lead up to the hotel. It's in an inconspicuous spot.

*Note: If you have not been to Saigon before - be aware when you are walking on the sidewalk that motos whiz by at regular intervals and pedestrians don't have the right-of-way. So always watch where you're going.

Room Tip: We booked a deluxe room with a balcony and I highly recommend this because the standard size rooms a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Writer,

We are pleased to learn that your've got a wonderful experience at our "little" hotel even thought you stayed a few hotels during your entire trip in Vietnam.

Our location is very unique as it is located right in the hub of the center, but still quite & safe as it is tucked away around 20 meter from the bustling Le Loi Boulevard. For those searching for low cost + central & convenient location + high quality and good & sound sleep => This is your choice. We may be "little" in sizes, but not in the hospitality.

Thank you very much for your GREAT thoughts of us and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you & other travelers to our Little Saigon boutique hotel - let's feel the center.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Catherine at Reception, as other reviewers have noted, is a really sweet lady and it was nice to come "home" to her every day. She was always willing to check on our flight bookings for us and ringing restaurants etc. She was also very concerned that I should hold my handbag safely when I left the hotel so as not to fall victim to a pickpocket.

We were quite comfortable in this hotel - it is not fancy but clean and adequate. Each floor has 3 rooms - the one at the front is probably a little bigger than the others, but the bed is pushed against the wall - it has a big window and a tiny balcony. next along the side of the building is a somewhat smaller room with a small window which actually made it easier to sleep as it didn't let in so much of the ambient night light of the city. Then lastly, at the back, as is very common in Vietnamese city hotels, there is a room with no window. We experienced both the front and the middle rooms and found them both OK. The rooms are clean but the general decor is a little dull and the bathroom in the middle room is quite small, although modern.

The night we arrived another couple were complaining volubly about being given what they described as a dark room in the basement because the room they had booked was not available as a guest had become ill and had had to stay longer. We could understand that on the ground floor, below reception, there might be such a room and it wouldn't be desirable. So one could be unlucky.

The location up a laneway off busy Le Loi Street is great because it meant that it was relatively removed from the noise of this main thoroughfare but we were just a moment from all the interesting shops and cafes right there on Le Loi and also just a block or two from Ben Thanh market on the one side and a similar distance from the lovely old historic relics of the city, the Municipal Theatre and the Hotel de Ville.

It's location would make it difficult to find the first time, because I don't know that all taxi drivers would know where this laneway was and they can't actually stop really close by. Therefore you really need to get the hotel to pick you up at the airport (this cost $18US. Because we knew where we were headed, when we came back the second time we paid $10 for a taxi voucher at the airport and the taxi meter actually showed a fare of 130,000 V Dong.

The breakfast is provided on the groundfloor (underneath the reception level) in a little coffee shop. This is simple and basic but adequate. If you wanted something different you could book the room without the breakfast and go out onto Le Loi and get breakfast at one of the bakeries just a few metres away. I picked up a couple of pastries one afternoon and they were delicious.

I would go back again although I did enjoy the other hotel we stayed in on our last night which was brighter and newer; as well I might look for other possibilities in some other streets that I have now become aware of. All in all, no complaints for $55 a night. However, their website said that this price was a special "introductory half-price" rate. I could not imagine paying any more than $65 a night for front room or $55 for the middle room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Writer,

Many thanks for your comfortable stay with us recently and for the very detailed description of our hotel too. Yes, our hotel is not fancy, but most convenient with the central's location and most comfortable bed and spotless clean.

We have 3 types of rooms in each floor and only our standard one has a tiny window, but the rest like superior with large window and deluxe with a balcony outside.

Again, thank you for your selecting our "little" one as your home away from home and we are pleased to learn that you plan to come back with us even though you stayed somewhere beforehand and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you back with us in the future time.

With best regards/ John La - Manager

Been to Little Saigon Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!