“3 nights in Little Saigon Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Little Saigon Boutique Hotel

You added Little Saigon Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Little Saigon Boutique Hotel
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   36Bis/ 2 Le Loi Street, Ho Chi Minh City 70000, Vietnam   |
Offers & Announcements
Summer Saving: 50% off
Ranked #24 of 704 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“3 nights in Little Saigon Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

First I like to . Thank to Little Saigon Boutique Hotel Management, for upgradeing my stay from Standard room to Superior room, the cost of Standard room rate.Front desk Officers at the lobby spoken good english and very helpful for my needs. Room service was excellent job. This hotel is inside an alley, so there wont be any traffic noise around to disturb your sleep. Catherine Hoe, frontdesk officer, her service was most excellent. she even advice me not to get cheated by people around there. I enjoyed the hotel

Room Tip: The room I stayed 202.. Everything in that room were good, Toilet looks brand new stuffs inside. Bed...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Writer,

Catherine & myself is very pleased to learn that you totally enjoyed your stay with us recently and you liked our hotel very much.

Yes, due to the unique location inside the alley ( 20 meter ) along the busy & noisy street like: Le Loi, our guests always have got a great sleep at night as it blocks all of the noise from outside and our hotel has just put into operation since Feb. 12, therefore, all facilities & amenities are all new and function very well.

Thank you very much for your GREAT comments everything for us on the Tripadvisor and we look forward with pleasure to being of your services in the coming time.

With best regards/ John La - Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I took a taxi from Airport to the hotel, and the taxi driver couldn't find the hotel. If you see Baskin Robbins, well the hotel's entrance is right beside it. You have to walk through an alley of foodstalls and some shops before you can see the hotel. From the outside, the hotel looks average.
Service however, was great. The staffs were able to assists in all our enquiries. We stayed in the forth floor, in a deluxe room for 3D2N. I love the complimentary slippers and comfy bathrobes. I love the water pressure in the shower. I love the fact that there's a pipe and hose beside the toilet bowl. All toiletries were provided. The TV has all the great channels - HBO, Starmovies, Starworld, even soccer, and many more.
I think this is a great venue to stay as everything is within walking distance. to Ben Thanh market about 2 streets away, halal food less than 10 streets away(all halal food near Sheraton hotel), post office, cathedral, museum, palace... we walked to all these places.
The only thing i am uncomfortable with is the creaking of the bed. It is a bit irritating but the comfy matress and pillows(lots of it) makes up for it. I had a good night sleep for 2 nights in a row.
At the end of the day, the hotel charges were around US$125, including service charges for the ironing of our clothes for 2 days.
This is my first time in a 2-star hotel but it definitely didn't feel like one.

Room Tip: Choose Deluxe Room.
Dear Writer,

Many thanks your positive comments and a very detailed introduction of our "little" one and we are pleased to learn that you as many other guests enjoyed throroughtly your stay with us not only the hardware, but the software as well.

For the creaking of the bed, we realized that and got it fixed immediately after you checked out and everybed in our hotel's rooms now has been steady as we are going to continue to improve more on our level of services as we want to be the top notch service provider in the hospitality.

Again, thank you very much for your GREAT comments on us and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you & your friends back with us in the soonest.

Clarksville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Central location.Close to major attractions. American venues close by. Rooms are VERY CLEAN. Remote cold air,king size bed,cable tv,refrigerator, a hot shower, and laundry service. Breakfast buffet well worth the extra charge on room. Bacon and eggs, coffee and tea, and assorted fruits. The staff is english speaking and couldn't be nicer. Book your tours and taxi from the front desk.I stayed there 13 nights and it was a wonderful experience. I would definitely stay here again.----Stewart Clarksville Indiana

Room Tip: My room #402 was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Stewart,

On behalf of the "little" Saigon Boutique Hotel, I would like to thank you for your GREAT positive thoughts of our "Little but Big value"s comments and we all here missed your stories, your creative slogan for us and especially your beer with us everyday during your recent stay with us.

We are commited that we can't be complacent with all your favourable comments and we have to keep on and continue to improve our level of services more in order to deserve with our Slogan" we may be little in sizes, but not in the hospitality".

We look forward with pleasure to welcoming you & your wife back with us in the coming year.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week. The small alleyway to get to the hotel is deceiving as you would never guess such a lovely place exists here. Our deluxe room with a huge window on the second floor was the best. (Other rooms were small and without windows.) The room and bathroom was very clean and new. Catherine and the staff were very nice and helpful. We booked all our tours through the hotel including a cooking class, Cu Chi tunnels and massage treatments which we loved - went three times during our stay!

The hotel is a couple of blocks away from a park and Ben Thanh market. We went running around the park early in the morning a couple of times. There were tons of others exercising there. Shopping and all other amentities were easliy accessibly on foot.

Room Tip: get the deluxe room - its huge window and room size is worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Writer,

Everyone at the "little' Saigon Boutique Hotel is so pleased with your GREAT stay with us during a week and we know that we can't be complacent and must continue to improve not only our software, but the hardware as well.

Yes, our hotel's location is in the short alley of Le Loi Boulevard that this unique location makes our hotel stand out from the rest as my guests can have a safe & quite sound sleep at night since it blocks all of the noise from the busy street and we are just a few blocks from the Ben Thanh market ( the symbol of Saigon ), therefore, to access any tourist key attractions is just a few steps from our hotel.

Again, thank you very much for your completely satisfied with us and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you & your friends to our "little" in the coming time.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We wanted to like this hotel but felt the bad points outweighed the good ones, that said, all can be easily remedied so I hope the management consider this review as constructive.

After traveling for several months on a budget I wanted to surprise my wife for her birthday with a little but of luxury, after finding Little Saigon on TA it looked perfect, good location, great looking rooms and 50% off the room rate. I chose to contact the hotel directly rather than book through Agoda (I don't like how Agoda hide the service charges and taxes until you book), however agoda's rate included breakfast and overall it was slightly better value than the rate quoted by the hotel, I told them this and that I would still go directly through the hotel. I must admit I was little surprised they didn't offer to match agoda's rate but wasn't too concern as the different wasn't big.

I ended up booking the deluxe room however I found nothing deluxe about it, the advertised fruit basket and executive writing desk were not in the room, nor did we recieve the morning newspaper (to be honest we don't care about those things but we feel it is poor form to advertise it then not deliver). Next, the walls were grubby and marked, the bed box was poorly constructed and noisy, the robes were grubby and had marks on them and theTV reception was so bad I had to retune the channels, even then it wasn't great. My wife was philosophical about it all so we didn't complain but even her optimism was waning the next day when the daily cleaning service come around after 3pm which is ridiculious given we had been out since 10am and there can't be more than 20 rooms in the hotel.

We have stayed in $15/night guest houses and had more luxury, for a hotel aiming to be at the top end of the mid range (normal rates $70-$100) there is a long way to go. All these room problems should not exist, the rooms are cleaned almost daily, so a quick inspection of walls/robes/beds and these can be dealt immediately by staff.

On the good side, the staff were friendly, Dana and Catherine on reception were a big help in scanning some documents for me and booking buses for our next leg.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Writer,

Many thanks for your constructive comments and we really appreciate these suggestions that will help us to look at ourselves and take the necessary actions to rectify these issued immediately.

First of all, I on behalf of the Management, would like to apologize for your unpleasant feeling when staying at our "little" during your special occasion - Your wife's birthday and my team feels every embarased and would like to say:" Happy to your Wife, again" even a bit late.

Regarding your Deluxe room without fruit basket, daily newspaper as advertised on our flyer placed the front desk, we would like to clarify that these benefits already withdraw from all OTAs and the flyers we placed at the Reception counter are the old ones. By right, we should remove these benefits and at least erase them and that is our mistake. We apologized for that. Due to the rainy season in Saigon recently and some of our corridor wall gets wet from inside and we will repaint the wall as soon as the raining season ended.

Any rates, since you are not really satisfied with our level of service and that is our mistake. We again apologize about that and one thing I just want to make sure with you that these issues will be rectified at once and we look forward to welcoming you come next year with us and you will notice the changes in practical, but not words.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here for 10 nights whilst in Saigin. The location is perfect close to a markets, yoga studio and yummy restaurants. The staff were all fabulous and so helpful, they even upgraded me to a superior room on arrival which is always a nice touch. The rooms were always cleaned everyday and the cleaning staff were just lovely. The bed was a definately highlight of this hotel. After traveling through Asia for 5months and spending many a night in a very hard bed, the beds here were luxury. The hotel is off the main street so nice and quiet. I would definately recommend this hotel. The rooms are small but the bed and big plasma more than made up for that.

• Stayed September 2012
Phuhao, Manager at Little Saigon Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Writer,

It was indeed our great pleasure to have you stayed with us for 10 nights recently and we would missed every moment you stayed with us, talked, chatted and gave great comments us on the Tripadvisor.

We've grown up because we've found some great guests & friends like you who always support us along the way and we promise that we are not complacent. We may be "little' in sizes, but not in the hospitality as our direction for running this business.

Thank you very much for your great support and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Utrecht, Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Good location and nice room. But the customerservice is not so good. When we arrived i didn't get a welcome feeling because i was asked several times to pay in advance for 4 nights. When i booked here, i was also asked for my creditcardnumber. This doesn't contribute to a warm and welcome feeling. But location is very good and room is nice and silent.

Dear Writer,

Many thanks for your comments on our Good Location and nice room, but you are not satisfied with our customer care service because you were asked for the advance payment for your stay.

On behalf of the hotel's management, I would like to apologize for this inconvenience that caused you not really impress with our service. However, I also like to clarify some issues:-
- Due to our boutique hotel sizes with personalized services and great location, we are often running the hotel quite busy as most of guests find our hotel online and book quite last minutes
- You called up and booked directly with us and according to our hotel's policy, we have to ask for advanced payment in order to make sure that your room was well reserved and confirmed during your stay. Still, our staff handled that case did not properly explain to you, then there was a misunderstanding and that you felt that we chased for the payment.

Since you were not happy with our services, even the misunderstanding, we still felt embarrassed and again apologized for that and we will rectify the issues immediately, not let this case happened again.

Thank you very much for selecting our "little Saigon" as your home away from home during your recent trip and we look forward with pleasure to welcoming you & your friends back with us in the coming time.

With best regards/ John La - Manager

Been to Little Saigon Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!