“One of my fav spots” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scott and Binh's

Scott and Binh's
15-17 Cao Trieu Phat Street, Hung Phuoc 1 | Phu My Hung, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City 00000, Vietnam
+84 94 890 14 65
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 1,575 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open Tues-Sunday 4pm-11pm and Western style a la carte Brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-4pm, Scott and Binh's is serving up "Comfort Food With a Twist" in the Heart of Phu My Hung, HCMC. Come try us out!!!
Karachi, Pakistan
“One of my fav spots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I love eating here. Not only is the food great and yes good value for money but Scott is so warm and welcoming he makes u feel u have come to visit a friend rather than just stepping in to a restaurant. We go there every chance we get even though we live all the way across town

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hi Ayesha, thanks for taking the time to write us a review here on TA. I appreciate the continued support, and you and Mr. I will be missed when you leave Vietnam. We like to think that we are "value added" and that people leave happier than they might have expected. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's, and hope that you have time to come by before you leave. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been here a number of times and I'm always delighted. The food is excellent and the drinks are great. I have had to force myself to try new things as once I have tried a dish it was so good I just wanted to order it again. I have now learnt that anything I order will be good. Scott and Binh's service is excellent which is a thing that is so often missing at so many places but not here. Remember to book if you are a group or its friday or saturday.

• Visited April 2013
expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hi Dani, thanks to you and M for your continued support, and taking the time to write us a review here on TA. I worked as a bar manager and maitre'd before I started cooking, so I pay attention to all the little things that help make our guests experience a pleasant one each time they visit. Please make sure to let us know if we are not meeting your expectations each time. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott
“Believe the hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I don't usually leave reviews on Trip Advisor, but this restaurant deserves one. I had heard nothing but good things about Scott & Binh's for months, and finally gave it a try last night. The location really isn't that out of the way, less than 15 minutes from downtown. Anyway the service was fantastic - most likely the best I've had in Saigon, with an attentive wait staff and Scott personally introducing himself and thanking you for coming. The A/C was broken inside and he kept apologizing and took 10% off the bill, though it was still comfortable with fans. Most places here wouldn't bother to tell you if the A/C wasn't working. The food was excellent, and I can't wait to return to try more dishes from the mouth-watering menu. Highly recommended - thanks Scott & Binh!

• Visited May 2013
expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hi Michael, it was nice to meet you and A on such an "interesting" evening. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review here on TA after your experience with us. I am really thankful for everyone's understanding that evening....no Air Conditioning can be a pretty major setback, so the least I could do was give all of y'all 10% your bills. Thanks for the nice comments about the service, my wife Duc and I, along with our team, all work together to provide a nice dining experience for our guests. Please do come back and try some more dishes when you have the time. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott
Sydney, Australia
“Well worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I know some people find getting out to district 7 a trek, but I can't recommend this place enough. The service is some of the best in Saigon, attentive but in no way pushy. Portion sizes were generous and tasty. We head to this place for special occasions and regular weekday meals.

Visited April 2013
expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Hey Kintrea, thanks for taking the time to write us a review here on TA, and encouraging others to make the big trip over to D7 ;-) Your review sums up what we are trying to do in a nutshell. Please make sure and tell us if we don't live up to your expectations in anyway. Thanks again for your continued support from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott
Los Angeles, California
“Escape to District 7”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Had Scott and Binh's bookmarked for a while, and finally got the chance to swing by District 7 to try it out.

Yes, it's not super easy to find, but just look for Bizu Hotel and you're set. The restaurant is on the ground floor, and it's very obvious once you're at the address.

We were waiting for the rest of our party to arrive, but were sat down immediately. Scott came over to introduce himself and welcome us to his eatery. He chatted with us for a bit while we were waiting (we connected over hockey; also learned that his wife was not feeling well so went out to get a massage, but we did meet her briefly). Scott and Binh definitely make you feel like you're guests in their home, not diners at a restaurant. So hopefully I'm still able to honestly and objectively rate his food!

This is what we ordered:

- Potato Wedges: Cooked very well, with a trio of dipping sauces. Great starter.

- Dips & Chips: Pita chips and veggie sticks with a trio of Mediterranean dips, all delicious.

- Spinach & Rocket Salad: Had high hopes for this one because I love spinach, and I love arugula. Unfortunately, the arugula wasn't its normal pungent self, so the salad kind of fell short for me. If there was "normal" arugula, this would be a great salad. Also, I wanted to order a starter-size to split, but the server convinced me to up it to the dinner size. It was a huge salad, probably enough to split with 6 people if they had their own entrees. Just a caution!

- Chili-Roasted Pork Tenderloin: Great seasoning and very moist. The garnishes were delicious and matched well. Totally would order this again.

- 5 Spice Chicken Breast: Again, great seasoning that comes through while keeping the white meat moist.

- Seafood Marinara: Lots of seafood chunks and bits, very well executed.

- Citrus Wasabi Spanish Mackerel: The mackerel was good, but the wasabi was lost in the entirety of the dish. The cabbage slaw wasn't the best side with this dish. Probably would have gone with something else.

So, in the end it was a decent meal, but I'm waiting to find that one dish that will blow me away, and I will definitely come back a couple of times to find that dish.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Hi Johnny, it was nice to meet you and S and your friends a few weeks ago. You following the playoffs? Does it really mean as much in such a short season? Anyway....thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review for us here on TA. I am glad you found the food tasty and well executed. Concerning the Citrus Wasabi Spanish Mackerel, I try to make all of my food tasty, so all can enjoy. Unless something says "spicy"--meaning hot in this case--all of the food is approachable by most people. We can always make things more spicy, in fact, i have a few regular customers I almost want to sign waivers before they eat ;-) So it was no problem to bring you some extra wasabi on the side and let you have at it. Now, I hate to let you down, but i am not sure that anything on the menu is going to "blow you away". I do try to make tasty food, but I am not going for the knockout punch anymore, I am going for comfort and being consistent day in and day out. Definitely try a burger next time, and maybe the Macaroni and Cheese. They tastes like it should, and that's my ultimate goal :) Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott