“Fantastic American cuisine” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scott and Binh's

Scott and Binh's
15-17 Cao Trieu Phat Street, Hung Phuoc 1 | Phu My Hung, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City 00000, Vietnam
+84 94 890 14 65
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 1,384 restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Open Tues-Sunday 4pm-11pm and Western style a la carte Brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-4pm, Scott and Binh's is serving up "Comfort Food With a Twist" in the Heart of Phu My Hung, HCMC. Come try us out!!!
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Fantastic American cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Felt like having a break from Vietnamese food for an evening and saw Scott and Binh's was number two on trip advisor. Their rating is deserved Scott is such an amazing host and extremely friendly. The food is just as great as his personality, I have not been to America but if their burgers are anything like what you can get here I'd be in food heaven. Thanks so much Scott your restaurant is just as lovely as you! If we had more time in Saigon I'd be back again :)

expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hi Monique, it was nice to meet you and N last night. thanks for taking the time to write us a review here on TA. I am one of the lucky people who loves what he does.....and I am glad it comes across. I have a great staff that actually makes most of the magic happen, I am there to make sure it all goes as according to plan as possible. What's interesting about the burgers is that except for the cheese, and BBQ sauce or grain mustard, they are "Vietnamese" food. I have en excellent local supplier, Nhat Nam Fine Foods, for the beef and bacon, Geoff from Blackcat makes my rolls, I make my own pickles, and all the produce is local. I would be proud to serve them anywhere in the world, as they are tasty burgers! Have fin in SG, and stop back by anytime you make it over here. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott

95% Recommend
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A treat slightly off the beaten track”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went with the family and although a bit away from the beaten track for tourists it is worth a visit, for the relaxed homely atmosphere and great food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hi M, it was nice to meet you and your family last week. It always makes me happy when I hear the kids use the word "delicious". That means they are happy, and that usually makes the parents happy as well. We do try to make it a homey atmosphere here, just like a big dinner party with friends. It was very nice of your wife and daughter A to take the time to play with our daughter Z. I am also glad you all enjoyed the meal, even the bread pudding :) I hope you enjoyed your trip, and please stop back if you are in HCMC again anytime soon. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott
Edinburgh
“Worth the trip just for the bacon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went out to Scott and Binh's after a recommendation from a fellow traveler. The restaurant is in the stylish and quiet District 7 so is a short taxi ride from the city centre. Great location, and atmosphere with Scott and Binh paying a lot of personal attention to their customers. Other reviewers have praised the food and I'll go with them too. The highlight for me though was their bacon - awsome! Just go and taste it, you'll see what I mean.

Paul

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Paul, it was nice to meet you the other night. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review here on TA. As was once said by Jules in Pulp Fiction.......Bacon is goooooood! It's an interesting cultural difference concerning the cooking of bacon in SE Asia.....as in, it's usually not very cooked! We have a great local supplier, and we bake ours in the oven so it has some crunch. And contrary to some of my friends teasing, we don't put bacon in everything ;-) My wife Duc(Binh is my business partner) and I take great pride in taking care of our guests, as do the staff. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Next time you are in town, try the bacon vodka! Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott
Phnom Pen, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
“I would give them 6 circles if I could!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was in District 7 to go to FV Hospital and needed a restaurant near by as this is a quiet section of HCMC and nothing much near my hotel. I found Scott and Binh's online, went over to check it out and ended up eating there 4 times including twice on Saturday for brunch and dinner. Every dish was delicious - some great American style home cooking. Their portions are large so I never got to try anything from the wonderful dessert menu. Scott is a great host and the staff are good too. Even if you're staying in city center, it's worth a ride to Phu My Hung to have a great meal in a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Thanks for keeping me well fed, Scott! See you next month!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
expatguy67, Owner at Scott and Binh's, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Hey Walter, was great to hang out and talk over the few days you were here. Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review for us here on TA. I am glad you "got" what we are trying to provide: tasty comfort food, good service, in a relaxing setting. Next trip we can make you a smaller portion so you can try a dessert. See you next year ;-) Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott
Melbourne, Australia
“Christmas feast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Although I am familiar with Phu My Hung, D7, I didn't really know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised on arrival.

If I was being uber picky, the only thing I can critique is the restuarant lighting as everything else about our time here was really enjoyable.

The bathroom was clean, the staff was friendly, and the food was absolutely awesome! My husband and I reserved a christmas dinner, and Scott did not disappoint.

A choice between: Roasted turkey breast & cranberry-thyme demi-glace
OR Rosemary roasted pork loin & mushroom demi-glace accompanied with Apple-sage stuffing, Garlic mashed potato, Sautéed corn, green beans and carrots, Broccoli, cauliflower & cheddar gratin, Rolls and butter AND topped off with dessert.

The meal was massive. In my opinion, it could have feed two people or some items could have been left off the dish - but what? It would be a battle to choose because all the elements were super tasty! We would have liked some pork crackling, but we ended up being so full, we couldn't finish our meals and regrettingly prodded the pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting dessert wishing we had a separate stomach for it... Definitely a must on our re-visit list.

Back to the restaurant - the restaurant is really unassuming, felt relaxed but a little on the dark side. My poor eye sight doesn't help the problem, but the darkness added ambience. Of course if you want more lighting, sitting outside is always an option :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Mellies, thanks for taking the time to write us a review here on TA. It was nice to have you and M join us for our Christmas dinner. I do apologize for the lighting at the table you had, but let me explain why it happened: You see, on big holidays when we are completely full with reservations, I have to be able to make sure that I can seat everyone inside, in case it rains. Therefore, we have to use all the space we have, and it just so happened that the table you were at Did have the worst lighting in the whole restaurant. We don't use that space unless we have to when we are busybusybusy. I am glad you both enjoyed your meals, and the feel of the restaurant. On the size of the portions....it's American Family Style Christmas Dinner :) Everyone gets together, eats too much, and then takes a nap ;-) Also, the leftovers are always better the next day! Our portions are not normally that big, it was just for the Holiday. Please stop by sometime when you have time to try the regular menu. Thanks again from all of us at Scott and Binh's. Peace and Happy Eating, Scott