“Fair to good salon despite parisian attitude” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Concept Coiffure, managed by Sandrine Nguyen, offers a broad range of tip-to-toe services, in Ho Chi Minh City's district 2, to clients of all ages. | Hairdresser | Hair Salon | Keratin Treatments | Kids Hair Salon | Facial Care | Skin Care | Nail Care | Foot Reflexology | Body Therapy | Please note we accept Cash Only |
DC area
“Fair to good salon despite parisian attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Comment disclaimer:My review is my opinion. At times, some may disagree, however it is my opinion only.

Visited the salon on our 3rd week in Vietnam. Partner needed to get his hair cut fixed from a previous bad haircut the first week arrived in HCM. Here are the observations and tips:

1. They seem to have the Expat /Western niche in HCM so if you have caucasian hair or speak french this may be the place for you.
2. They offer digital perms however I did not try it bc they did not seem to open or accessible to speak to me. In an email they quoted 1.2 M VND and use Italian product (not japanese). Not sure if it is 3rd generation or not, the day I visited I did not see anyone get a treatment.
3. Stylist appears to be technically adequate, however the attitude of the place is a bit snobby if that's your thing go for it, personally I appreciate friendly and welcoming salons that are willing to talk to you about your needs. It may just have been a very busy day with little time to charm customers. Who knows, however if you are paying double the HCM rate you expect a little more service. I had a way better blowout and hair washing on a sidewalk salon in Hanoi with no english Vietnamese stylist and half the rate.
4. Not sure why folks are complaining about the ride over, it was not that bad and it was good to get out of District 1 to see another part of life in HCM. We soft negotiated a 150k VND rate from Saigon Square, probably more than what is normal but not that bad. I think the metered rate would have been about 130k VND.
5. Styling assistants and staff looked a little sad or depressed, maybe they were tired , we went in the afternoon so the "energy" of the place was kind of moody.
5. Partner liked his haircut and he is probably the most picky person for hair. My hair treatment/style would rate a 2/5.
6. Tip: Appointments only--they do not appear to be flexible on this . Saw them turn away walk- ins, even for little kids. Also they are CASH ONLY. (A poor client had to go ride her bike to a nearby ATM while we were there so come prepared.)

Visited March 2013
SandrineNguyen, Owner at Concept Coiffure, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

We were very surprised with your review.

A comment disclaimer? It indeed is your opinion only as your husband seemed very happy. I wish you would have let me know that you were not happy as I would have loved to solve any issue on the spot and refunded you the $9.00 you paid. Writing to an online media for the world to read afterwards does not give me any chance to recover?

The service you had that you had paid double the amount? of a side-walk salon? set you back a $ 9.00 and you received a 45 minute shampooing massage with professional international renowned Alfaparf products and 20 minute blow dry for I repeat, for $9.00. We are not here to be compared to a side walk salon.

Therefore please advise me how we can rebate you this $ 9.00 as you have the feeling you did not receive the correct service.

Parisian attitude? That sounds a bit strange does it not. I am a proud Vietnamese French and we serve all nationalities, genders or age with the same amount of dedication.

We clearly remember the day you came and it was busy indeed, however to call my team that has worked with me for 6 years now, and have continuously received great comments. As my whole team agreed with me this morning, we are not depressed nor sad, on the contrary we are quite happy where we work. We are however sad that there are people who write like this and break down what we work very hard for.

Then I am happy to know that both you and your partner spend two hours in our salon for less than $ 20 and took the same time to write such an interesting review.

We wish you all the best on your future endeavours and writings.

With kind regards, from Team Concept Coiffure, Sandrine

Stockholm, Sweden
3 attraction reviews
“Great service at a low price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Relaxed environment and friendly staff. I had a mani-pedi and a facial and was satisfied with the results.

SandrineNguyen, Owner at Concept Coiffure, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Great, short and sweet! Thank you for your review of our services on Trip Advisor!

With years of experience and a loyal following of international and local clientèle our team can be trusted to deliver your desired treatment.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Pampering services with a smile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Going to Concept is synonym of going to relax! In addition to this well-being, you receive wonderful services and walk out the door as another completely different person: you feel beautiful, you feel stress-free! I have been few times now for different types of caring going from the make-up to the haircuts (including the wonderful almost one hour shampoo with head massage!!) but also nails care and I have to say that the Concept Team have been regularly pleasant, smiling and enthusiastic in making you feel great! I would recommend Concept to anyone looking for a professional advise but also quality products within a relaxing environment. I can just say that I am already looking forward to my next visit!

Visited March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a nice review of us on Trip Advisor! We look forward to having you back.

We pride ourself in being professionals and when looking to add shine, dimension and texture to your hair CONCEPT COIFFURE's team of colour experts will customize a personalized formula just for you. And as you said after a hair treatment the head massage is a great way to finish off!

“Five star treatment :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Good atmosphere, professional staff and a great treatment. My stylist vu was brilliant will definitely be coming back again. He helped me choose a nice colour as I went from being a blonde to a brunette, the finishing look was great. Very happy :) and also the girl who gave me a nice relaxing head massage, was the icing on the cake. 10 out of 10 :)

Visited February 2013
SandrineNguyen, Owner at Concept Coiffure, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your treatment and have a place in us you can trust with your hair. Thank you for taking your time to write of your visit and sharing your review!

We look forward to having you back, Vu thank you for mentioning him! He is humbled and it is very much appreciated.

For you to as you are one of our first great reviews after TET (Vietnamese New Year); may this year give you happiness, wellness, luckiness, prosperity success, and good health, the team of CONCEPT COIFFURE wishes you a Happy New year!

Singapore
3 attraction reviews
“extremely pleased but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was in need of a hair color so made an appointment less than 24 hours ago and the salon was accommodating for a color (roots only) and a mani/pedi. The Sr.Stylist was very meticulous when matching the hair color and the assistants made sure that no color stained my skin along the hair line (very important yo me) . The mani/pedi was also done well and not rushed. But here are the notes to take away: spend the extra dong for the deluxe mani/pedi. Your feet and legs will thank you for extra papering like a massage. The most I got was a foot soak. The aircon did not appear to be working or was not on high enough. Clients were sweating if someone was having their hair blown dry - the whole salon would get uncomfortably hot especially if you had on a plastic cape as I did while having my hair colored. If you want product put in your hair before they start to blow dry tell them - otherwise they don't include. Lastly, this is a CASH ONLY business. Nowhere did I read this on a review or the salon website so I was prepared to pay by credit card and barely had enough cash on me as I hadn't intended to pay in that manner. Overall I was very pleased but hope my review helps a future client at Concept Couiffure.

Visited January 2013
Dear Guest,

Chúc mừng năm mới" (Happy New Year)! You are the first to review us in the New Year after our TET (Vietnamese New Year Holiday). So thank you for taking the time and giving us a great start!

I also really appreciate your feedback. Coming back from our holidays I will review the standard for the deluxe mani/ pedi as this should really leave with a wow feeling for your feet. And we will buy a new air-conditioner indeed. It seems it cant cope with the amount of guests any more. Furthermore I will do my best to note on google etc that we are cash only, this indeed will benefit our clients in advance.

May this year give you happiness, wellness, luckiness, prosperity success, and good health, the team of CONCEPT COIFFURE wishes you a Happy New year to!