Comment disclaimer:My review is my opinion. At times, some may disagree, however it is my opinion only.
Visited the salon on our 3rd week in Vietnam. Partner needed to get his hair cut fixed from a previous bad haircut the first week arrived in HCM. Here are the observations and tips:
1. They seem to have the Expat /Western niche in HCM so if you have caucasian hair or speak french this may be the place for you.
2. They offer digital perms however I did not try it bc they did not seem to open or accessible to speak to me. In an email they quoted 1.2 M VND and use Italian product (not japanese). Not sure if it is 3rd generation or not, the day I visited I did not see anyone get a treatment.
3. Stylist appears to be technically adequate, however the attitude of the place is a bit snobby if that's your thing go for it, personally I appreciate friendly and welcoming salons that are willing to talk to you about your needs. It may just have been a very busy day with little time to charm customers. Who knows, however if you are paying double the HCM rate you expect a little more service. I had a way better blowout and hair washing on a sidewalk salon in Hanoi with no english Vietnamese stylist and half the rate.
4. Not sure why folks are complaining about the ride over, it was not that bad and it was good to get out of District 1 to see another part of life in HCM. We soft negotiated a 150k VND rate from Saigon Square, probably more than what is normal but not that bad. I think the metered rate would have been about 130k VND.
5. Styling assistants and staff looked a little sad or depressed, maybe they were tired , we went in the afternoon so the "energy" of the place was kind of moody.
5. Partner liked his haircut and he is probably the most picky person for hair. My hair treatment/style would rate a 2/5.
6. Tip: Appointments only--they do not appear to be flexible on this . Saw them turn away walk- ins, even for little kids. Also they are CASH ONLY. (A poor client had to go ride her bike to a nearby ATM while we were there so come prepared.)
If you own or manage Concept Coiffure, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.