“As good as expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Bobby Chinn - CLOSED

Restaurant Bobby Chinn
The Link at Khumo Asiana Plaza Saigon | 39 Le Duan Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
00 84 8 6291 7788
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Singapore
“As good as expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was in bobby chinn hanoi 6 yrs ago and I thought that was the highlight of that trip. So I booked bobby chinn way in advance this time for HCMC. Cocktails were good, but I didn't think it was as innovative as the ones we had at Xu restaurant. Salmon tartar was very very yummy . I had baby pork ribs for main. It was HUGE. I only finished 1/3 of it. I also had truffle mash which was very good. Amosphere was good and I particularly like the way they were doing the ceiling. Overall it's a very good restaurant which is worth a visit in HCMC.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Good all round experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We go on Thursdays to catch the Latin rock/jazz band. The food is not cheap but is good value compared to the neighbouring venues. The menu is entertaining and there are some interesting selections - always beautifully prepared. The staff are attentive and efficient.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Adelaide, Australia
“Hypnotising!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Having had the best meal of my life two years ago at Bobbys Hanoi restaurant, it was a must to visit his new Saigon restaurant. We were'nt disappointed, it had a woderful ambience where l felt l was going on some magical journey. From the almost too long drinks menu, (just how many martinis do you have on it?) to the most amazing food, everything was perfect.
Squid fettuccine with crabmeat was as tender as it was delicious, the heart of palm fettuccine was unlike anything I have ever had and left me speechless. Tender melt in your mouth beef or lamb shanks. Couldn't decide on which cream brûlée to have so I had all three!
Bobby Chinn the Restaurant, the person are hypnotising.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jakarta
“The food is as good as the reputation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went to the one in Hanoi and it left me with a very good impression and memory. Be it the food, which was really good and with perfect portion, and the ambience of the place. So, when I continued my journey to the South, I made sure that I had to come and dine at the Bobby's Saigon restaurant. The highlight of my visit was not only the good food ( from appetizer to dessert, all food was well prepared, well executed and well presented, I couldnt find anything wrong in it ) but I've got to meet Bobby in person ! Awesome..... Starstruck as I was, I shamelessly asked for a photo with him which he did. However, I still didnt get my photo with him which was promised to be emailed to me after I've filled in the guest form ( I had one from Hanoi restaurant, which is a nice touch - your personalised photo with their logo but I still want the one from Saigon, especially with Bobby himself !! ) So...... Saigon, if you read this, please send my photo as a great memento and as reminder that if I was to come back to this city..... I MUST revisit this restaurant....

• Visited December 2012
Hong Kong, China
“A must experience in vietnam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Bumped into bobby chin when we were looking for food around our hotel, it happened that the restaurant is just located next to our hotel! I had a good memory with bobby chin in Hanoi, it was a delightful dinner with friends, didn't expect that I could go there again with my bf !!
So we ordered salmon tartar (fab presentation n they mixed it in front of u, it seems to be an art to enjoy this dish), soft crab quesadillas (best quesadillas, opinion from both of us), baby pork ribs (we returned the first dish cos it was just not good, they were very nice and made us a new one, 2nd was better but this dish needs improvement to be on the menu) duck breast with apple sauce (duck breast has after taste, like smoking taste, another enjoyable dish)
The best thing abt bobby chin is, they always ask for yr opinion and open for critics, also they treat you as valuable guests, taking pics for u and sending them to u by email the next day.
Everything has a price, the bill does not come with a small figure (comparing with other restaurants) but I am more than willing to pay and enjoy not only the food, but also service and the entire package here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere