“Hypnotising!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Bobby Chinn - CLOSED

Restaurant Bobby Chinn
The Link at Khumo Asiana Plaza Saigon | 39 Le Duan Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
00 84 8 6291 7788
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Adelaide, Australia
“Hypnotising!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Having had the best meal of my life two years ago at Bobbys Hanoi restaurant, it was a must to visit his new Saigon restaurant. We were'nt disappointed, it had a woderful ambience where l felt l was going on some magical journey. From the almost too long drinks menu, (just how many martinis do you have on it?) to the most amazing food, everything was perfect.
Squid fettuccine with crabmeat was as tender as it was delicious, the heart of palm fettuccine was unlike anything I have ever had and left me speechless. Tender melt in your mouth beef or lamb shanks. Couldn't decide on which cream brûlée to have so I had all three!
Bobby Chinn the Restaurant, the person are hypnotising.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jakarta
“The food is as good as the reputation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went to the one in Hanoi and it left me with a very good impression and memory. Be it the food, which was really good and with perfect portion, and the ambience of the place. So, when I continued my journey to the South, I made sure that I had to come and dine at the Bobby's Saigon restaurant. The highlight of my visit was not only the good food ( from appetizer to dessert, all food was well prepared, well executed and well presented, I couldnt find anything wrong in it ) but I've got to meet Bobby in person ! Awesome..... Starstruck as I was, I shamelessly asked for a photo with him which he did. However, I still didnt get my photo with him which was promised to be emailed to me after I've filled in the guest form ( I had one from Hanoi restaurant, which is a nice touch - your personalised photo with their logo but I still want the one from Saigon, especially with Bobby himself !! ) So...... Saigon, if you read this, please send my photo as a great memento and as reminder that if I was to come back to this city..... I MUST revisit this restaurant....

• Visited December 2012
Hong Kong, China
“A must experience in vietnam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Bumped into bobby chin when we were looking for food around our hotel, it happened that the restaurant is just located next to our hotel! I had a good memory with bobby chin in Hanoi, it was a delightful dinner with friends, didn't expect that I could go there again with my bf !!
So we ordered salmon tartar (fab presentation n they mixed it in front of u, it seems to be an art to enjoy this dish), soft crab quesadillas (best quesadillas, opinion from both of us), baby pork ribs (we returned the first dish cos it was just not good, they were very nice and made us a new one, 2nd was better but this dish needs improvement to be on the menu) duck breast with apple sauce (duck breast has after taste, like smoking taste, another enjoyable dish)
The best thing abt bobby chin is, they always ask for yr opinion and open for critics, also they treat you as valuable guests, taking pics for u and sending them to u by email the next day.
Everything has a price, the bill does not come with a small figure (comparing with other restaurants) but I am more than willing to pay and enjoy not only the food, but also service and the entire package here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Upland, California, United States
“Hello, Bobby Chin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I saw a commercial on TV once for Bobby Chin's show about his restaurant in Vietnam, but I never saw the show. I didn't even really know who Bobby Chin was (sorry, dude)

We decided to come here to try a new place. The restaurant is really modern looking and inviting. There is a bar area, a lounge area with hookah and then the dining area. Low lighting, very romantic and intimate.

I knew I was in for a special experience simply by reading the menu. And no, I don't mean the dishes. The menu itself is written in such a fun and whimsical way. I've never been to a restaurant where I wanted to read EVERY page of the wine list.

The food is really great. There was a pricey burger on the menu that we order just for the sake of knowing what a 500,000 vnd burger tasted like. Totally worth it! You can't find a better burger in HCM.

I learned that the burger takes 7 hours to make. I also learned the process that Bobby Chin uses to make these delicious patties. How, you ask? Bobby Chin told me! He came to our table during dessert time to say hi and chatted with us. What a great guy :)

We will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Great lunch with family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We thought we would try this place out, as had heard it had recently opened. We had lunch there with our kids (aged 12 and 13). They have a great set lunch menu for only approx AUD$15, including a choice of 3 or 4 mains, unlimited salad bar (beautiful selection, including fresh rice paper rolls) and tea or coffee. The cocktail list is massive - the classics, plus twists on the classics, plus a signature range. My husband and I were very impressed with the quality of the cocktails we ordered. Hubby chose something like a "smokey gimlet martini" which included smoked chilli-infused tequila produced on-site and displayed behind the bar!

Visited December 2012