“Only Get to Eat Once in HCMC?” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
New York City, New York
“Only Get to Eat Once in HCMC?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

After eating our way thru Phnom Penh, Loa, Hanoi and Hoi An we had just 3 hours in HCMC in route back to P.P. Where to eat?? Researching Saigon foodie and expat sites and Tripadvisor we choose Đông Hoa Xuân. Brillant choice. All four of us were very pleased. Hai, the owner, was helpful making choices on what to try. If your travels are in large part a search for food that features balance, clarity and deliciousness put this place on your hit list.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hue, Vietnam
“Do not miss this place when in Saigon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have eaten at about 50 different stalls and restaurants, and this one in particular stands out amongst the rest.
I loved the pork stomach and caramelised fish.
One of the best places we have eaten at in Saigon and we would definitely eat here again!

Visited December 2012
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“A wonderful place for you to satisfy your stomach at lunch !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I live here in Saigon and have been to Dong Hoa Xuan restaurant for many times. Everytime i comes there, i always feel very very satisfy with the food. My suggestion for you is Grilled pork rib; Caramal Fish (Cá Kho Tộ) but it quite spicy so be careful if u dont like chili; Sour Soup with Bông Lau Fish; and Pork Stomach( crunchy and very tasty). A good place for you to go on your own or with your friends or family.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Great Authentic Vietnamese Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This little restaurant was recommended to me by a friend here and WOW!! No matter what I've had it's been some of the best food I've had in Vietnam. Every time I come this way now (by bus, when alone; by motorbike when I can get a Vietnamese friend to give me a ride) I try to time my travel so it includes a stop here for breakfast or lunch. NOT a tourist restaurant, but for the local neighborhood crowd. Well worth whatever effort it takes to get here. Just pick and choose and ENJOY!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC
“Outstanding food in an average neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My in-laws family live near Cho Ba Chieu, the market only a short distance from this restaurant. So when I saw a review elsewhere, I knew the wife and I needed to try it. We were not disappointed. They have perhaps the best carmel fish (ca kho to) either of us have ever had, and she grew up in Saigon and spent time in Hanoi as well. The other dishes we had were equally good. Service was great, and although this isn't a white tablecloth place this is a very comfortable neighborhood restaurant that puts out some really fantastic food.

• Visited October 2012