“excellent value, everything you need” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Yen Trang 2
and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Yen Trang 2 to your Saves list
Hotel Yen Trang 2
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   40 / 29 Bui Vien Street | Pham Ngu Lao Ward (District 1), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #29 of 701 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“excellent value, everything you need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

we spent a couple of nights here. it has everything you could need, for $15-18 a night - they could put the rate up a few dollars and it would still be decent value. wifi, AC, fridge, comfy bed. staff are very nice, not all have fluent English but certainly enough. no breakfast but it's pretty cheap down the road. the only thing is it can be a bit loud in the morning when next door's kitchen starts up, which seems to be the norm in this part of town! try to get up a couple of floors if possible. our room did have some cigarette smell lingering which soon dissipated . you could do a lot worse for your money though!

• Stayed January 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

The Hotel Yen Trang 2 first opened in September 2011 when I was staying next door at the Beautiful Saigon Hotel 3. I chose the BSH3 because of its high rating on TripAdvisor, and although enjoyed my stay for $40/night, I would definitely prefer the Hotel Yen Trang 2.

I walked next door to inquire if I could see a room and was blown away by the quality and cleanliness of the hotel. Everything is brand new and much better than the BSH3 but the prices are half at only $20USD/night!

This hotel has perfectly located in a high tourist alleyway, where hotels and restaurants line both sides ready to serve you. There is a laundry store five steps away if needed, and the hotel provides free WiFi which I utilized staying next door.

Once I saw the quality, location, and price of this new hotel I had to grab a business card and tell everyone about it on TripAdvisor! My only regret is that I didn’t take photographs for all of you to see what I’m talking about.

The rooms are small but well decorated, clean, with cable television. Rooms facing the alley are noisier but also more exciting. Rooms on the back side face a wall but are quieter, preference is up to you; I prefer the atmosphere of the alleyway.

Although there are no restaurants at this hotel, this popular alley has tons of very reasonable priced places to eat. Average meal being $3USD! The best restaurant to eat at is probably next door at the Beautiful Saigon 3 Hotel.

This is a no fuss, clean, safe, and cheap hotel. When I checked online, there was no listing of it at all. So you’ll have to just trust my word and go take some pictures to post back on TripAdvisor! This is the only place that I would stay at if I returned to Saigon.

The hotel email is the same as location #1 a few doors down, so make sure you tell them you are looking to book at the new location #2! yentranghotel@hotmail.com

Enjoy my friends!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Yen Trang 2? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Yen Trang 2

Address: 40 / 29 Bui Vien Street | Pham Ngu Lao Ward (District 1), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Location: Vietnam > Ho Chi Minh City
Ranked #29 of 701 B&Bs / Inns in Ho Chi Minh City
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Yen Trang 2 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Yen Trang 2 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Yen Trang 2, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.