“Cinnamon Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cinnamon Hotel Saigon

Save Saved
You added Cinnamon Hotel Saigon to your Saves list
Cinnamon Hotel Saigon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   74 Le Thi Rieng str | D1, Ho Chi Minh City 084, Vietnam   |
Ranked #12 of 362 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Auckland, New Zealand
“Cinnamon Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Fantastic sums it all up! The Cinnamon Boutique Hotel is an awesome place to stay while in Ho Chi Minh City. From the moment you get there you are made to feel like family. The managers (owners?) who run the place are super friendly and happy to help out whenever needed, whether it's help with banking matters, organising transport, or a nice cold beer after returning from a harrowing trip on the 'country' roads, there was never a problem. The breakfasts are made to order, at hatever time you manage to straggle downstairs. No lifts (elevators) so prepare to climb a few stairs if you are near the top, but this adds to the quirkiness. The rooms are large, beautifully decorated, and if you can go for the balcony rooms which overlook the street - awesome! Would stay there in a heart beat if we end up back in Ho Chi Minh!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Vietnamese first
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

With a late arrival into Ho Chi Minh City, I booked the first night at the Cinnamon Hotel on Expedia. From the driver to the front desk staff to the "Welcome" spelled out in rose petals on the bed, it was a warm welcome, and I didn't change hotels for my other two nights. The hotel is recent, clean, and comfortable, with a pleasing contemporary design. Breakfast is copious, cooked-to-order, and tasty, and the breakfast area has a great view of the busy, non-tourist street. The foot massage was delightful. Sony, in particular, goes out of his way to ensure that each guest has an enjoyable stay, learning names and, in my case making personalized travel arrangements for the rest of my 2 weeks in Viet Nam that were good value and flawless (although I can't rate the Cinnamon Hotel in Hanoi as highly). I wish that I could find this hotel in every city that I visit!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Positives:
+ the most amazingly friendly and helpful staff - could not have been better
+ lovely clean spacious room, uniquely decorated with wood and simple design
+ good location close to the main tourist areas
+ excellent choice of tours and trips on offer

If you prefer somewhere small and characterful where you will get super attentive service then definitely book here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Not being a big fan of large, faceless hotels, we always try to find little gems when we travel. Safe to say that is exactly what we found here! Staff were fantastic, the room was lovely and our little balcony perfect for watching the madness that is Saigon street life. Great service, lovely breakfast. Next time I go to Hanoi I will be looking up the Cinnamon Hotel there too. Only minor issue was that, given the size of the room, it could have done with better aircon but that detracted nothing from the visit. Superb little place!

Room Tip: There is no lift. We were on the top floor which was a hike but the balcony was a great way to watc...
Watford,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

This small hotel is perfect for people like us who hate large corporate hotels and value personal service. It is in a central location in District 1 and everything is within walking distance including many great restaurants . The welcome was warm and accompanied by freshly squeezed watermelon juice . The room was large and comfortable and quiet at night even though it had a balcony . There are 2 rooms per floor and no lift but the staff will take heavy bags up and down for you . Breakfast was freshly cooked and again, wonderful fresh juices and fruit . The complimentary foot massage was super and worthy of a posh hotel spa . We loved this hotel for its friendliness and value and would happily book again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
hk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The hotel manager, Sonny and the team were extremely helpful. I had my round trip airport transfer arranged by the hotel. On my way to the airport, I found I lost my earrings at a spa, which is away from the hotel for 15 mins walking distance. At that moment I don't think I have enough time to get back to the spa bacause I was catching my flight. I felt so sad. Suddenly, the car driver gave me his phone and asked me to pick it up. I heard the manager's voice and he told me they found my earrings at the Spa. He asked me to wait at the airport and he would have a staff to bring me my earrings. He also told me his staff can recognise me. I was so excited and wait at the airport so patiently at the airport. After 30 mins, the hotel staff found me and gave it to me. How wonderful can you imagine they are!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Wow!! What a fantastic boutique hotel.....not far from the action & fantastic cook to order breakfast,Pho & Vietnamese Coffee I highly recommend...yummmmmmm !!!
5 star service with a homely Vietnamese feel, I don't like huge impersonal hotels when I travel,so this was pefect.
Well done to the Cinnamon staff....you were wonderful !!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cinnamon Hotel Saigon? Share your experiences!