“Great fun day!” 5 of 5 stars

Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Great fun day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2014 NEW via mobile

My husband and I did the market tour and cooking class yesterday. The market guide (Chi) and cooking teacher Mrs Nguyen were both excellent. The dishes we made were really delicious and it was a great experience to learn how to make all the accompanying sauces for the dishes. A great fun experience, highly recommended.

Visited December 2014

DaLat
“Great Fun, Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

My girlfriend and I booked on this course as the "most popular" one had already filled up. We were exceptionally happy this was the case as it meant we were the only two on what was a fascinating and fun excursion.

First off we were collected from our hotel by our guide, a lovely girl whose name, annoyingly,we can't remember. She took us to Ban Tranh marketed took us round the stalls pointing out local ingredients and telling is what they were, where they're from and how they were used in the local cuisine.

Afterwards we went to the actual Culinary Art Centre where we met Chi, our chef. She took us through the preparation for three courses, a salad, spring rolls and a pork dish. It was done with patience and humour and we had a great time. We didn't cook the pork ourselves, most likely due to time constraints, but did fry up the spring rolls. To see the finished dishes that we prepared and plated was quite a site as the looked delicious. Bonus.... they tasted delicious too, the spring rolls especially.

As a nice finishing touch you were given the recipes to keep along with some chopsticks and a certificate.

Obviously the bigger the group the less one on one can be done but, from our experience, we'd hghly recommend this course.

Visited August 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“FUN TIMES!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I took a cooking while in Saigon. He is a great cook but I am not. I didn't think I would have that much fun since I didn't know how to cook, but it was a tom of fun. The teacher, (lady chef - forgot her name) , was absolutely fantastic. She took us to local market to shop for fresh ingredients and then took us to nice restaurant kitchen to cook. We had a blast. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone.... no matter what your level of skill. This was one of the highlights of our trip. 5 stars all the way!!!!
The chef also gave us her email and phone number to contact her if we had any questions when cooking when we got home. Btw - she gave us all the recipes to everything we cooked.

Visited June 2014
Peoria, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
“Cooking School”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

After going to the market, we went to the school to prepare a potion of our lunch. We made beef noodle soup, spring rolls and fresh summer rolls. The fun part was trying to roll the wrap properly and than to add garnish at the end of the rolls so that they looked pretty. Learned a lot about the spices and the other ingredients. The school prepared the braised chicken with ginger and the sweet banana in coconut milk desert. Afterwards we were given a handbook which had the recipes, an over view the of the various regions preparation methods, and given a certificate of accomplishment. A nice break from the more somber remnants of the war.

Visited February 2014
The Villages, FL
28 attraction reviews
“Asian cooking class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

During a recent visit to Saigon for the start of a Mekong river cruise, my wife and I attended the Saigon Culinary Arts Centre for a half day cooking class. We had pre-booked the class prior to leaving home, which I recommend as the classes fill up quickly. On the morning of our class, my wife and I had a class by ourselves while there were two larger groups also having a class. Our experience started when one of the chef’s assistants picked us up at our hotel since it was located close to the central market in Saigon. We went on a tour of the market while our guide purchased items required for cooking classes that morning. It was great as we really got to spend some time in the market and saw areas that I’m sure we may have missed on our own. A tour of the market is definitely an experience which shouldn’t be missed if you are in Saigon. After a quick taxis ride, we were at the Centre and ready for class. Up to this time, we had not paid for the class so we took care of that first thing. Just a note, while they do accept credit cards, their card machine is not always working. So it is best, to have sufficient money with you if necessary. If not, there is an ATM nearby. When booking the class, you get to select which menu you want to prepare and the cost varies by menu selected. After completing financial matters, we joined our chef and started the class. The class was very good and very hands on. Our chef would demonstrate the method and then have you prepare part of each course. Our chef was great, clearly spoken, and an excellent teacher. She even let me use sharp knives. In addition to preparing the menu, the chef also taught us how to make decorative roses out of tomatoes. After preparations are completed and class is done; you get to eat everything you have cooked. After your meal, there is the presentation of certificates and a cookbook with all of the recipes you prepared during class. This is really a great experience and something you should try while in Saigon.

Visited February 2014