“Friendly staff and excellent spa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silverland Hotel & Spa

You added Silverland Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Silverland Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20-22-24 Thai Van Lung St | District 1 - Dong Khoi Area, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #80 of 383 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Friendly staff and excellent spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Spent 3 nights three nights here last week. Had the most amazing foot message. Roof top pool makes a great setting for sunset photos over Saigon. Staff very friendly and always willing to help. Variation in sizes of rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Tasmania, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here with some of my nieces and nephews. The hotel staff are very friendly, helpful and make you feel welcome. The price is very good for the quality of the accomodation, it is nearer to a five star hotel - I have stayed at the Renaissance Riverside on previous trips to HCM City - (Marriott chain) and while this is not as good as that hotel its cleanliness and facilities are approaching it at a price nearer to a back packers hotel. It is very conveniently located close to the centre of HCM - just a few mins by taxi. If future I will be staying at this hotel whenever I visit HCM.

Room Tip: Good place to stay if you want good quality hotel at a good price
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mai N, Manager at Silverland Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Ken H!
Thank you very much for a wonderful comments on your recent stay.

I am happy to hear that you overall satisfied with the hotel service with the good price, location and it's staff .

I very much appreciate your high rating and recommend our hotel to readers.
If your travel plan brings you back Saigon, we are glad to welcome you again.
Nguyen Thi Tuyet Mai
Manager
Silverland hotel&spa
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I will as always post a review of a property that is fair and as factual as possible. A couple of things first. On arrival at Ho Chi Minh city airport I realised that it is only 7 km to the centre of HCM. Taxis were $10 which I paid for at one of the desks. You could probably haggle but I just wanted to get there. I think using normal taxis on the meter would be better and cheaper only use Mai Linh or Vinasun though as I know some other firms had doctored meters. The journey as a first time visitor to Vietnam was truly horrific, I have never seen anything like it. I thought bangkok was busy but this was another world altogether. There appeared to be few road rules to speak of and motorbikes and mopeds were everywhere, not staying in lanes and even riding the wrong way. Yet I nev saw an accident while there.

Arriving at the hotel I was welcomed by the bellboy who took my bags. There was a friendly group of receptionists who were friendly, chatty and helpful on check in. I was taken to my room very quickly which was good as I was tired and was there before check in time too. The room was very basic but I had only paid for a room which was the cheapest they had. It had air con and a tv with some choice. There was a very small bathroom come shower too. The room had no windows which at first I was pleased about as I had heard stories of the tremendous street noise which can affect sleeping. I slept well until 8am when there were a series of bangs from the room above. I was unsure what was happening but it was incessant. I went up to investigate and found a group of workmen renovating one of the rooms above. I went down to mention this to the receptionist and she apologised for the inconvenience. I was a bit peeved but went and grabbed breakfast.

This was acceptable as other people have mentioned. The room itself was quiet, I think most other guests had already gone to work. There were a huge amount of Japanese guests who were working there apparently. Breakfast was very Asian in feel but then again I was in Asia. I had an omelette with tea, there was jam and cereal too with fruit juices as well. The service from the friendly staff was pleasing. There was certainly a basic breakfast there and I had adequate amounts to eat but it was not a western style breakfast which was fine by me.

The next morning the same thing happened with the noise. It started at 8 am and carried on until 9 ish when I went for breakfast. I asked to speak to the manager. I was ushered through for breakfast and told the manager would speak to me. Sure enough within a few minutes the manager arrived. She was courteous and professional. She assured me that the construction work was electrical in nature and that it would be finished by 11am and there would be no more noise. As compensation she offered me a free spa treatment, sauna and jacuzzi at the hotel, I declined as I was not complaining to receive any freebies. I just felt it was unacceptable that noisy construction work at the hotel was going on at such ridiculously early times.

The next night I could here a tv on at 4 am from somewhere above me. Then at 8 am more noises from the room above....scraping, banging, gouging. I went up to investigate and saw white footprints outside the room above. I was a bit fed up about this so once again trotted down to reception. The manager turned up again and insisted that there was no construction work going on... "Only painting" . I took her up to the room to show her. There were 3 guys in the room and the scraping sound was sandpaper being used prior to painting. Another apology ensued and this time I was offered a free taxi to the airport. Once again I declined. I was just trying to make a point that this was 3 mornings out of 3 that my sleep had been affected in a room I took as a way of getting away from the street noise.

I went through for breakfast and whilst there the manager came to speak to me offering me their silver suite which had become available for my last night. This I gladly accepted. It was a very nice touch from them and the room was lovely, high up and most importantly it was quiet !
I fully realise hotels have to run all year and they have to do work to maintain improve and renovate. But I think guests need to be kept away from the noise. If they have paid for the night then it should be hassle free.

All in all the staff were friendly and helpful and I felt they listened to what I had to say. The hotel is clean and well maintained and the beds were hard but comfortable. Air con at times was a little bit noisy. I used the spa on my last night getting a Thai massage. This was excellent and I took advantage of the hotel discount which was at 40% plus a further 100,000 VND which made it very affordable.

My stay apart from the noise problem which I am sure is a short term thing was excellent and value for money. It was a 3 star hotel with 5 star service. There was no pool though and I noticed a few trip advisors mentioning that the pool was nice. I am pretty sure this was the grand silverland hotel also in HCM city. I hope my comments are fair and be assured I would recommend this hotel to somebody wishing to stay in HCM it is near to lots of facilities and amenities and Ban Thanh market is about 500 metres away.

Room Tip: The rooms with no window are very small and cell like. Try to get as high up as possible away from t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mai N, Manager at Silverland Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Robert. Thank you so much so your detailed comment on your recent stay at our hotel. It is pity to hear that you did not get perfect time at our hotel due to noise from the construction. I fully understand the issue and pay more extension to arrange the room for the guest far away the noise and begin to work after 9:00'am.
I am happy to know that you satisfy with our staff service. we focus to train the staff as well as maintaining a good service to make sure the guest leave the hotel happily.
I am also pleased that you found the hotel good values and great Spa service.
We would appreciate your comments and look forward to have a chance welcoming you again.

Mai Nguyen
Manager
Silverland hotel & spa
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Given that it is nigh on impossible to run in HCM City, what to do ? Well, the Silverland has a (tiny) gym with an excellent treadmill and 2 weights workstations that are more than adequate to maintain fitness. Added to this is an excellent sauna, steamroom and jacuzzi (USD 10 per person) as an added benefit. Rooms are ok for the price and location within Distr 1 pretty good. You could do a whole lot worse...breakfast pretty poor but this is standard unless you pay for a high end room...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Sliverland was a beautiful choice for our recent stay in Ho Chi Minh City. We enjoyed the daily walk from the hotel to Ben Thanh Market and the surrounding shopping areas. Silverland offered us great rooms, nice breakfast meals, and friendly staff during our stay. Thank you for making our visit a memorable one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in silverland for 2 nights. Location is a bit far from city center and Ben thanh market. Rooms are clean. Check in and out was pretty fast for us.
Breakfast spread was limited. Spa was good and VIP rooms come with jacuzzi and steambath.

• Stayed June 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here for our first two nights of our holiday. We booked a package that included free foot massage, dinner, breakfast and trip to chu chi tunnels with airport pick up. Over all good value for money but maybe could get the tunnels trip cheaper by travel agent.

The rooms were clean and smart but the best bit was the free 45 minute foot massage! The spa was so nice that we booked in for another massage and were very impressed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Silverland Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!