“Great Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of L'Usine

L'Usine
151/1 Dong Khoi St., 1st Floor & 70B Le Loi St. | 70B le Loi St., District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
+84 8 6674 9565
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Sherwood, Oregon
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I had some delicious french food here and enjoyed the ambience. It was a little hard to find. It's located in the artist's arcade, a couple of blocks from the opera house. You enter the building and then walk into the back and turn right. You will see a sign and follow that up the stairs.

88% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
“Great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I loved this place (tried to get here everyday I was in HCMC) because it reminded me of my life back home in Sydney. It's a very cool space. Food was great, vibe was quirky and the store sold some seriously awesome gear!

• Visited December 2012
Singapore
“cosy atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

it is near the Opera House area where traffic is crazy. But after finding it through a narrow alley & going up some stairs, this place is good for food & relaxing. Prices abit high, but the banh mi here is good.

• Visited December 2012
Bangkok
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

A friend who lives in Saigon recommended this, and it suited us very well. We were staying round the corner at Park Hyatt Saigon, and because we swam in the mornings and were too late for their breakfast, L'Usine suited us well. From reading other reviews I think this also made the experience good, in that we avoided busy times, when there appear to have been issues about service. We found the food good, and the atmosphere terrific, and were there every day of our three day stay. I salute the owners of this establishment for their creativity.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Loved it before, not now”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am very sad to say that L'usine is not as good as before anymore. I used to love it lot but recently I have so many problems with both Lusine Dong Khoi and Le Loi. Few weeks ago, I went to Lusine Le Loi for lunch and ordered Roast Beef Sanwich which is my favorite there. We were waiting 45 mins and I lost all my patience since I had to go back to office after lunch time. I asked the waitress so many times and finally they came to me and said "Sorry, we are run out of baguette, can you change to another one?". Of course I were mad, I didnt wanna be late so I went back to office with an empty stomach. I heard from many of my friends about the quality of foods there getting worse and also the service. But then I decided to come to L'usine Dong Khoi yesterday to introduce my friends from Singapore a nice spot of Saigon. We went there for lunch and again, so many troubles happened. First they brought my friend a no taste at all apple juice, actually it tasted like pure ice-blended. Then my friend who is an Islam ordered salmon panini but they brought ham one instead. And my another friend found out a piece of plastic in her brekki burger. Me I tried the roast beef sandwich but they changed the recipe and it was not good.

It is sad since L'usine was a great place before for me and my friend. We used to have lunch there so often. The atmosphere is still so good but I dont only go there for an atmosphere but also the foods and drinks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere