“great service, very helpfull and friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saigon Europe Hotel

You added Saigon Europe Hotel to your Saves list
Saigon Europe Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   207 De Tham Str | Pham Ngu Lao Ward, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City 70000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #37 of 371 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Munich, Germany
“great service, very helpfull and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed there just one night, but I'll keep the Saigon Europe in mind. On my arrival I had a problem with the ATM at the airport- it kept my card and i had to start my trip without money... The man from the pick-up service and the staff in the Hotel, especially the Reservation Manager (Truong Quinth Thang Ly), helped me to get in contact with the bank an get my card back. Even as i checked out on the next day, the Reservation Manager offered me to came back at the afternoon and drive together with me to the bank!!! This was really great!
The hotel and room itself were very clean.
It's right in the backpacker area - perfekt if you like to be in the thick of it and go out in the evening/night.
Only if you want to go to bed early I would recommend earplugs if your room is headed to the street :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for just one night on our anniversary. It was really clean and professional. The staff were also very helpful. The manager even prepared surprise flowers wine for my wife when I told her it was our anniversary! She was so happy! The only problem was that there was a bar across the street that played very loud music until after one in the morning. So if you stay here you should request a room at the back or middle of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Seam reap
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here two nights with my brother Rick,my first trip overseas, we were very pleased with the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff :) it went a long way in making us Tired travellers feel at ease while on holiday. The hotel is very new and clean, yet its price was competitive with the other hotels the city.Special thanks to Mr Troung, who one night showed us the sights of Ho chi men,his friendly face and local knowledge made our first stop over a pleasure.Also Anna was a dream who helped us book activities tours and transport while at the Saigon Europe, both of these two and Kim the receptionist were so courteous and professional . We would stay there again or recommend it to anyone traveling the city. Hard to find comparable since leaving there Thank you Hotel Saigon Europe
Scott and Richard Twine,OLD AUST

Room Tip: If you expect a window make sure you ask for one.remember no window equals quite room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Very centric, good standard, nice people. Chose this hotel because of the recommendations in tripadvisor, and it was the right choice. Had a room without window, but people prefered that here anyway, because rooms with windows to the Main Street were quite noisy.

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed here for two nights when I first arrived in Ho Chi Minh and it was perfect for what I needed it was close to everything 5 mins from Ben Tanh Market, 20 mins from The Saigon Opera House, bout 25 mins from Norte dame and the post office. I arrived early and was asked to come back but I did leave my bag with them. When I went back I was checked in really quickly and my bag was taken to my room. Room was clean and the bathroom was more of a wet room, no windows but I had expected that but there was air con which was perfect. Breakfast was ok not a great selection so I just had toast.

Check out was efficient as well I would stay here again if I was travelling in Ho Chi Minh.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Centrally located - a short walk to lots of shops and eateries, and in just a few minutes you get to the end of the block and the thriving backpacker area and a beautiful park. Close by is the market.

The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are tidy and the bathrooms are nice.

However, the walls are very thin and if you want a quiet night, ask for the 5th or 6th floor. The night we were there so were a bunch of Chinese tourists. They were SO noisy - moving furniture (for feng shui?) slamming doors, yelling in the hallway, etc. Even talking in their room next door was easily heard.

Breakfast is good, and cooked to order if you like. The doorman was a sweet boy who was very helpful. We also went right across the street and booked tours a little cheaper than at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is quite good. The rooms are spacious, with free wifi and they even have a desktop inside the room. The hotel is in the backpacker area of the city and can get really chaotic. I would stay in another area if I will go back as it is difficult to walk around, the are thousands of motorbikes and they don't stop for pedestrians so it is very scary to cross the road. The good thing though is there are plenty of cheap options for dining.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Saigon Europe Hotel? Share your experiences!