“Excellent Service and Cleanliness” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saigon Europe Hotel

You added Saigon Europe Hotel to your Saves list
Saigon Europe Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   207 De Tham Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #45 of 389 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent Service and Cleanliness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Hotel is located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City and the service is so good as the staff will spend as much time as you need to assist you with anything you need to know about the places to visit and eat. The rooms so clean and so Large and the bed was so comfortable to sleep on. The vietnamese staff are all well spoken in English and as menationed will always assist you in any information you need. The value I paid was great as its location, cleanliness and staff friendliness is great

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel numerous times, in August (2 nights) and September (1 night) last year and in January (3 nights) last month. Each experience was great and I enjoyed my stay at the hotel each time.

During my first visit, I read reviews that there was a bar/club nearby and was advised by Ms Ly, who handles the online reservations that a deluxe room, although more expensive, was a quieter option. I never looked back after that. Every time I am back, I will go for the deluxe room.

Each and every one of the staff were always helpful and cheerful, be it the receptionist, the bell-boys, housekeeping and I can say that over my visits, I see them more as friends as they were always able to help out whenever needed. Rooms were always clean and complimentary fruits and water are always provided.

For breakfast, I do agree to an extent that the variety of breakfast could be more. But to be fair to the hotel, this is a 2 star boutique hotel and the room rate reflects that. To me, the breakfast is fair enough based on what I pay, but I see more variety in the breakfast, as they have more dishes there, during my recent trip last month. Before that, there was lesser, so I have no complaints now.

Lastly, one niggling problem is that the Wi-Fi signal is not strong enough as the deluxe rooms are at the back of the hotel. I always have a problem at night when all the guests are back in their rooms, but there are no such problems in the morning. To solve the problem at night, I go straight down to reception and use my phone there, while chatting with the receptionist on duty.

Overall, I still like the hotel for the value for money rooms, friendly staff and excellent location. I will be back in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Lausanne, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Upon arrival were shown to a spacious, clean room. It was only when we returned after dinner that we realised that the room was incredibly noisy - even with earplugs we could hear every word of every song blaring from the bar next door and we didn't sleep a wink. Because we had booked in for 2 nights, we moved to a different room as soon as we could the next morning. Thankfully that room was fine, but our stay was totally spoiled by the terrible first night. Poor breakfast, too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Saigon Europe hotel for 3 nights in January .
We made a reservation for a superior double and received Room on the 5th floor.
The size of the room was ok and it included a tv, coffee set ,AC , computer and a safe. After 10 minutes we got a complimentary fruit basket.
Few problems with the room : first of all it is very noisy, we heard loud music from the bar downstairs and it was hard to sleep. The wifi was very slow and sometimes didn't work at all, the computer didn't work as well, the bathtub wasn't attached to the wall so the water was all over the floor.
The breakfast wasn't very good. There is no buffet and you need to order your meal.
The last night we were " upgraded" to deluxe room which was large and much quieter but it was because it had no windows !!
The best thing in the hotel is the great staff on the desk. Always smile and willing to help. They are the reason for 4 star score(instead of 3).

• Stayed January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our stay in HCMC - Everything you need is within walking distance. The staff were very friendly and went above and beyond to help us book some tours, reccommend restaurants and point us in the right direction of where we needed to go. The hotel was very clean with great facilities.. we didn't find the hotel loud at all and would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two times . Clean small hotel . Nice helpful staff . Not a quiet hotel . Ear plugs a must . Loud clubs on the same street . But rooms ok for 40$ good land mark for the city . Must say breakfast is not good . Most place have buffet . This breakfast is limited . Cold coffee no real choise of food . Not so good

• Stayed January 2013
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed in the Saigon Europe hotel from Dec 15-20 2012, had a deluxe double room that I shared with a friend. The hotel was in a great location, lots of bars and restaurants nearby, and sites not too far away.

The room on the 6th floor at the rear of the building; big and clean and quiet, nice bathroom, great aircon. Beds were made daily, comfortabel. Had fridge in room (handy for keeping the beer and water cold!). Safety box in room also gave peace of mind not having to carry passports etc around in the heat! Breakfasts were good too (eggs on bread with filter coffee, fruit and juice, springrolls/steamed buns/friend rice depending on the day).

Staff very helpful arranging taxis and cyclos, recommended me to a nice barber for a haircut!

Staff also helped arrange tours (with TNK travel) to Cu Chi tunnels and Mekong Delta (3 day tour to Can Tho and Chau Doc with boat ride to Phnom Penh in Cambodia; one of the highlights of the trip).

Only minor complaint was the computer in the room had a malfunction with the internet and because we were in the rear of the building the wifi signal wasnt that strong and we would have to sit in reception (not a big deal really, but hence the 'very good' except for 'excellent' rating).

Overall a very pleasant stay! Would happily recommend the Saigon Europe Hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Saigon Europe Hotel? Share your experiences!