“Tasty food and commendable service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 1,635 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian, Vietnamese, Vegan
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Saigon's favorite Indian restaurant!
San Francisco, California
“Tasty food and commendable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

In the month and a half we've spent in SE Asia, we haven't had a single restaurant meal featuring good service -- except at Baba's. It might be a cultural preference in SE Asia, but it's often difficult to get a waiter's attention after the initial order. They just disappear. At Baba's, the manager/owner was personally directing "traffic," and our water glasses never went empty. We were provided with a full set of silverware (and several napkins -- hooray!) and the waiter took the time to explain all the chutneys. Our food was prompt and delicious. Dessert, a type of rice pudding, was complimentary -- and complementary! We received our check right after we requested it, and it came with a questionnaire offering 5% off the bill if we rated the service and food (on the questionnaire card -- not TripAdvisor).

If you seek delicious, authentic Indian food at fair prices, I would definitely recommend Baba's. The service can't be beat!

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Delicious first class Indian food at super price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place was a few doors down from our hotel and having read the great reviews on here we decided to try it out. We got a table at the front so could people watch as we ate. I had the vegetarian korma and my wife the tofu masala with roti and rice. Everything was well cooked, perfectly spiced and the right amount of heat. The waiter gave us a sweet palate cleansing rice dish for desert for free and also a 5% discount for filing in a comments form. Came to about £10 in total which included a couple of Sapporo beers. Highly recommended.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Varied menu, delicious food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had one of my best meals in Ho Chi Minh City at Baba's Kitchen on Bui Vien. On one of my visits there (I went twice) I was in the mood for snacks rather than a meal so I ordered veggie bhajis and chicken samosas. Both were delicious, and were even better when dipped in one of the home-made spicy and sweet sauces provided. On another visit I had chicken biryani. You are always asked what spice level you want. I asked for spicy, and I wasn't disappointed! My only complaint - and this was common for most restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City - is that the chicken was dry. The portions at Baba's Kitchen are generous, but the nice thing is that the staff will wrap up your leftovers if you want.

The staff are particularly attentive at Baba's. The Indian owners always stop by to chat and to make sure you are happy with the food. The Vietnamese servers are quick and efficient. And, in one of my visits, I noticed that the staff happily swapped ingredients for a client who either had celiac disease or dairy intolerance. So, if you need special service, go to Baba's!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bamaga, Australia
“Yum! Amazing food & Great Atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Baba's Kitchen is awesome. For anyone who loves Indian food, you must try it.

We were seated as soon as we walked in. And we were lucky enough to get a seat on the balcony overlooking the street. It was a perfect, warm night so we watched everyone walking by on the street below. Definitely added to our positive experience.

The food was delicious. Probably a little spicier than I would normally go for but still very tasty. Service was very fast & efficient too. The staff were so friendly & checked on us many times to make sure all was ok.

I would definitely recommend this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Ho chi minh city
“Best Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Finally a real Indian food !
Listen to this: I visited with my friends & ordered Tandoori chicken , Mutton roganjosh , kerala paratha , dhal fry , Garlic naan, Fish Fry . All my friends loved & didn't expect such a tasty food, all were great with right mix of spices . The Chicken & mutton was fresh and cooked well with a right amount of sauce..

It may sounds too good but I'm definitely going back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere