“Delicious Western food” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, International, Bistro
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Upscale Bistro, American & International cuisine. Breakfast served all day. Popular weekend brunch. Live Friday night band.
Barcelona, Spain
“Delicious Western food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We wanted to change for one night from Vietnamese food and our choice was the right one. The Elbow offered good quality Western food in a nice place. Penne carbonara were delicious. We even had some drinks later with live music in the upper floor as it was Friday

Singapore, Singapore
“Pure comfort food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I'm from Singapore and you can imagine how much I have to pay for food such as this! I love every moment I was in The Elbow Room.

The portions are huge and I do encourage sharing. The Lumberjack with the blueberry pancake option has made an anti-pancake associate of mine into a fan. No syrup necessary! I know it is dry I don't think that extra sugar is needed.

The chicken liver pâté turned another associate of mine who is anti-pâté into a pâté fan. I must ask that they increase the portion of bread that goes with it. I had to ask for more. I know this is an appetizer but who could resist such good pâté?

The eggs Benedict is OK. Nothing to shout about. The Santa Fe is huge. Really had trouble finishing it even when shared.

Finally to quote Peter Pan, “To die would be an awfully big adventure.” We ordered the Death by Chocolate. We died and the adventure was worth it.

Breakfast is all-day and you can never be short of comfort food here in Ho Chi Minh City. On the blackboard at the entrance, it says Save Water, Drink Wine. That is so passé. I give you a better one:

In beer, here is strength,
In wine, there is wisdom,
In water, there is bacteria!

You put that up!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tattered Elbow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Since my first visits earlier this year the Elbow Room has become tattered with poorer service and cleanliness. The food is generally good. The service is lacking and the floors and restaurant are not as clean as in the past. The booths (See photo) are tattered and ripped and look like the wood has been mauled by an animal. During an earlier visit they gave me breakfast syrup not real maple syrup for the pancakes. The menu claims maple syrup. I asked to see the bottle and they had poured in breakfast syrup (Fake maple syrup made of corn syrup and artificial color) into the real maple syrup bottle to fool customers. I made a fuss and had the male supervisor come over and he explained the owner wanted to save costs! SInce then this has been corrected but I have to specifically ask for "Real" maple syrup which is pathetic. In short, service needs to improve and the restaurant needs to be cleaner and needs to be fixed to repair booths and tables and chairs which look worn and abused. A dirty and worn seating area for guests translates into questioning the kitchen cleanliness. The cutting costs for maple syrup translates into questions of cutting costs in other food quality areas. There are many choices of restaurants in HCMC and new ones open every day. If the Elbow Room is serious about competing, it needs to step up or fall behind and continue being tattered as the title implies.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tristan N, Owner at The Elbow Room, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Entreguy,

Every once in a while we would received a negative review and the only thing we could do is just hear it, see what we can do about it and continued on with our daily work. We have been in the hospitality business for a very long time and are constantly working hard to provide the best service and products we can humanly possible. It is our business.

However, we have realized after all the years that no matter how hard we work we will never be able to satisfied each and every customers that walked through our door. It is human nature. Companies with amazing services and products such as Amazon, Disney and Apple still has their daily gripe and complaints.

Thanks none the less for taking time to write to TA despite the not so favorable review.

Tristan
Nottingham
“Favourite Western restaurant in Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We visited elbow room twice and are hoping to fit in another visit before our flight home! The food is amazing, especially the mozzarella balls as a starter and the service is some of the best we have experienced in Vietnam, the prices are also reasonable for what you get and we have and will recommend this restaurant to anyone in the city!

Tristan N, Owner at The Elbow Room, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear BenPaul911,

Thank you for your patronage and time to review us on TA. Your review is greatly appreciated and will definitely share it with the staff. Hope to see you again and thanks for the review

Tristan
ngotristan@yahoo.com
“The ripped elbow”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is not my first time at the "Elbow Room". Everytime we are here. The services are different all the time. This is my third times trying this restaurant. To be honest, it's noth worth the taxi ride or money worth spnent here. It is filthy. All the benches along the walls are ripped with huge duck tape that falling off. At the edges looks like a dog had been chewed off. It is a filthy establishment for being an American/western owners. Did they left their cleanliness brain behind when they started the restaurants business in Asia? We came here because it claimed to offer an American flavor. But what they offered is dirty filthy over price restaurant. I don't have a problem paying for high prices. But it have to be justifiable. This is not worth it. I will not come back to this restaurant. I gave them 3 chances already. Not worth a 4th. They should changed it's name from Elbow Room to Dirty Feet. That's exactly what this place is like.

Tristan N, Owner at The Elbow Room, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear bkkf,

I am aware that you have been in a few times and unfortunately your experience have been less then satisfactory. We cannot accommodate request for larger table for only 2 guests. We have many customers and we make everything attempt to accommodate all our customers as best as possible. I disagreed that our restaurant is "filthy". We served hundreds of guests everyday and most have left satisfied. Unfortunately your experience is not the same.

ngotristan@yahoo.com