“Very Accommodating Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nam Long Hotel

Save Saved
You added Nam Long Hotel to your Saves list
Nam Long Hotel
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   283 / 3 Pham Ngu Lao Str | Pham Ngu Lao Ward, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City 848, Vietnam   |
Ranked #324 of 616 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Very Accommodating Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is haven for budget travelers. The hotel is somewhat hidden in a small alley, but it is very near the park and the Benh Thanh market. Though the facilities look old and the elevator can fit three people with luggage at most, it was compensated with the staff who are really nice to the guests. They even offered to help us find the Lunch Lady even if its not part of their services. The staff really made us feel comfortable during our stay in Ho Chi Minh City.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
manila, philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

located in the city. Friendly staff and accomodating. But i have a difficulty in their english. Walking distance in the nearby market and parks. Area is safe, though the appearance seems suspicious. You just need to be cautious of your surrounding because you cannot guarantee 100% safe.

Room Tip: You need to booked earlier to have a nicer room since it is always fully booked of tourist.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

good value for money, perfect location in the city centre. loads of pubs and resto's nearby. the hotel makes tour bookings but there are also countless booking agents on walking distance. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The cleaning staff cleaned my room on my preferred time (baby sleeping). this hotel is been renovated last year so the rooms are in good shape. perfect working AC and if you spend €4 more then you have a small balcony and a bigger room. pc's are available for free at the lobby. the pc's are recent devices. a limited choise of cool drinks is also available in the lobby at democratic prices. I could pay in €, they also accept US$ and VND.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the backside of the hotel, on the frontside there are construction works in progre...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I travel a lot with my family, and I must admit that our stay at Nam Long Hotel was not exactly that great, compared with our accommodations in our previous travels. We've stayed in better hotels at the same price range, but nonetheless, it was okay. The lack of cleanliness and luxury was well compensated by the friendly staff. They're probably the nicest, friendliest, and most accommodating hotel staff I've ever met.

The hotel is located at the heart of the city, the backpackers area, flooded by tourists from all over the world. It's just within the area of the usual hangouts of tourists and a walking distance to the famous parks and markets. The nearby area is generally safe, though at first you'd seem suspicious of the surrounding because you might be seeing prostitutes posted in the streets at night time, but that's just the usual business of some of the women there. You just have to be cautious of the surroundings as a responsible tourist.

Ningbo, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

1. I booked 2 nights/$48 at Nguyen Khang Hotel from Aug.03th.receiption lady suggested us to move to their family hotel Nam Long since it has elevator. before going there, she showed me the room I should hv checked in, small, window facing to corridor.

then Nam Long staff showed me 2 types of rooms:
one is very small, tight room and tight bathroom, similar as Nguyen Khang's. but with window of city look.
another is spacious with twin beds, but no window.
I need fresh air, so I 'd rather to live in small one. room with basic decoration, but ok to stay. just don't walk bare feet, it has many many very small ants (5th floor). lucky for us, we did not find them on bed.

2. when we got back to Saigon again, open bus was 2 hours delay & rained heavily. we were too tired to find a new hotel to stay, so checked in same hotel, but twin beds without window.
2.1. it's quite big.
2.2. wifi is ok.
2.3. water is hot but mixer has some problem. the bracket is not right if holding shower head, spraying water to higher part of wall.
2.4. glass shelf above the basin is narrow. so can't hold too many staff.
2.5. towel bar just beside the toilet. not good, flush toilet may bring up bacteria. though I always close the cover first. just feel uncomfortable.

3. the reception staffs are very friendly & helpful, quite impressed me, until~~~same as above reason, I booked a one-day tour via Mekong delta & then found they charged me almost double.
he quoted me $24/pax by fastboat back. then $18/pax by bus coming back to Saigon.
I trusted them, thought they would quote me a fair price, maybe a little higher than tour agent. the truth is it's my fault that not checking other agents before deciding. $8~$10 is common quotation on the street for My Tho~Ben Tre route. I BOUGHT a lesson that no matter how tired, check out by myself.

Thunder Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Tried hard, but at $32 US a night (there are 4 of us so we are use to paying a bit more), we've had better. The room was O.K., but nothing to write home about. On the plus size, it was large. On the minus side, it looked worn -- no decorations on the wall unless you count the wires hanging out of the wall. The bathroom was serviceable, but little else. On the plus side, the water was hot. On the minus side, the shower head only released water from half the holes and some of the tile was loose so water got under it (then later when you stepped on it water squirted out). The front desk staff were very friendly and tried to be helpful. The place has an elevator so that's a plus in this heat, as is the wifi that was always strong and fast. Another plus, it's in a great location. Breakfast (included) was O.K. but not the best. If you don't mind the little things and can get a good price, Nam Long Hotel is a decent choice.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We thought we were getting a bargin by paying 10 dollers per night. As we couldn't get sufficent WiFi in our room we went down to reception area. There was a constant flow of prostitutes checking in and out spending appromatley 40 miniutes per client. How it works is if their are any available rooms on the nght Nam Long Hotel allows prostitutes to have it for the night as the hotel get's commision per client they bring in. Even though they hypocritacally have a sign up saying they don't allow it. So unless you would like to be sleeping on a bed that has regular business by prostitutes and there creepy clients, stay clear.!!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Nam Long Hotel? Share your experiences!