“You must do this!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: XO Tours is the first all-female motorbike tour company in Vietnam, offering the most unique and highest ranked tours in Vietnam for over 3 years running. We pride ourselves in offering the best service in the industry and we are also the first company in Vietnam to include accident insurance with all our tours! Our "Foodie" tour is the original Vietnam street food tour and still the most popular food tour in all Vietnam!
Brooklyn, NY
4 attraction reviews
“You must do this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I recently returned from Vietnam and I have to say this tour was the highlight of my trip. I had a fabulous time. The guides were friendly and very knowledgable and spoke English very well. By taking this tour you get to see so much more of Saigon than just District 1. The food was local, authentic and so delicious! You were invited to eat as much as you want. Pace yourself as you will be full to bursting by the time you finish. You have three food stops and two more informational stops. You are on the back of a motor bike and that can be terrifying if you have ever seen Saigon traffice but also exhilerating. Just close your eyes at the intersections. LOL. Excellent value for the money.

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Oxford, United Kingdom
“A little bit special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

If you're in Ho Chi Minh City this is a must. Take the Foodie Tour (there are others but didn't do so can't comment) but this is a solid 5 hours of fun on the back of a scooter in the City, interspersed by food stops in places you wouldn't find on your own and knowledgeable insights into this vibrant city and its culture. The girl riders are nothing short of amazing, and if you've seen traffic in HCM you'll know exactly what I mean, and these guys don't miss a beat. I got lucky with Miss Huong who was very bright, knowledgeable and good fun all rolled into one neat package. Should also mentionTai Dang who was a great host, with a great sense of humour. Oh yes and the food was varied, good and certainly different. Duck embryo your thing, not a problem on this tour. Not to be missed!

Visited February 2013
“XO Fantastic Foodie Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked the foodie tour for Christmas evening after reading a lot of great reviews on Trip Advisor. The tour was better than we expected, the girls were wonderful they were so friendly and put you at easy despite zipping around HCM on a bike amongst the very chaotic traffic. Each stop was really will organised and the guides that told everyone a bit about the area were equally great and welcoming. They remembered the small things like our names which was a very nice touch. We really enjoyed ourselves and the food was wonderful, such a great way to see the city at night, get a bit of a snapshot of the different districts and eat such a variety of food. We would recommend it to everyone!

Thank you all so much for making the experience fantastic.

Visited November 2012
“The MUST DO tour in Saigon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I usually never go on organized tours, and typically prefer to travel independently. Despite this, my girlfriend and I tried XO tours, and were so delighted with the Saigon by Night tour that we went on the Sights tour the following day. The tours are set up so that you have a genuine experience, and Tung was an excellent guide in giving us a nuanced sense of life in Vietnam. There were many very pleasant surprises- from the delicious food we ate to the little Vietnamese phrasebook Tung gave us (which became invaluable) to the photos Tung sent us, which were some of the best of our two week holiday. As an addendum, we went on a tour of Halong bay while in Hanoi, but unfortunately the tour seemed canned and formulaic in juxtaposition with the XO tour we went on, so I can only hope Tung considers expanding his company up north (a bia hoi tour would be awesome). All in all, I would say in hindsight that you should take this tour as soon as you arrive in Vietnam, as it will enhance your entire vacation. I fully plan on trying the foodie tour and others on my next trip.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
“Don't miss it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been using TripAdvisor for a while, but this is the first time I felt like I had to write a review. XO Tours was so good! When I first found out about it on TripAdvisor and learned more on their Website, I thought it was a brilliant idea. The actual experience last week was even better!

Reservation
I reserved their Foodie Tour through their Website, and I received the confirmation right away from Tung Do (Owner/Director). I had a few follow-up questions via email, and Tung got back to me immediately each time. This timely and professional communication made me very comfortable ahead of using XO Tour for the first time. This is very important to me, as this was my first trip to Vietnam, and I wasn't sure what to expect from a stranger, especially those who target naive tourists.

Hotel Pickup
My excellent guide / driver, Ni, was already at the front of my hotel waiting for me when I came out 10 minutes before the pickup time. Again, by being early (I like being early), XO Tours completely eliminated anything to worry about.

Ni greeted me with a huge smile and an introduction. She explained to me a short list of tour rules, then off to the meeting place, the first place to eat. There, our group met for the first time. We had single guys, couples, and a family -- 12 altogether. Ben was in charge of our group as the lead guide, and he got us started with his fun and informative introduction.

Tour highlights (I won't write any specifics here so that you can experience all new and fresh.)

Food: We had plenty of different type of food to eat (pace yourself!) at different locations. Each dish and accompanying condiments / herbs were well explained. The selection was good, and I enjoyed all of them, as each tasted very good.

Scooter Ride: This was definitely more exciting than any rollercoaster rides, due to the nature of Saigon driving! Our driver was safe and excellent. I felt safer on a scooter driven by her, than crossing any intersections in District 1 on my own.

Areas: We visited 5 or 6 different districts, some of which are quite different from where I stayed, District 1.

Guests: From literally all over the world (Asia-Pacific, Africa, Europe, North America). Everyone was friendly and happy. XO Tours must bring happy people!

Guides: Our lead guide, Ben and the assistant guide, Tai were great. I particularly appreciated Ben's take on the current state of Vietnam.

Guides / Drivers: We traveled quite a bit on this 4.5-hour tour, so I had lots of time to ask all kinds of questions on Vietnam while on scooter, and Ni answered all of them intelligently. I even had a short lesson of Vietnamese language! Speaking of language, Ni's English was excellent, and I assume all other guides/drivers speak excellent English.

We sat with 3 other guests and their drivers, and 2 drivers whom I sat close by and had a chat often, Tien and Ngan, were equally pleasant and fun to chat with.

Photos: Ben took photos and we received a nice collection of photos via email a few days later. This must be a logistic headache, as they need to sort out photos by the participants and send the correct photos to the correct email addresses, but they just do it. What a customer service!

The only complaint was that it was too short, even after 4.5 hours! Time flew by. Well done, XO Tours. Don't miss it! You will thoroughly enjoy it.

Visited January 2013