“Tasty!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 1,380 restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Casablanca is the only moroccan restaurant in ho chi minh city serving Dinner ,plenty of starters,range of tajines perfectly done,a savory couscous from merguez and chicken to couscous royal...and don 't skip the moroccan drinks such as khalejji bazar,Mogador breeze,rock la kasbah and more..and for finish your meal don't hesitate to order some moroccan delights with a refreshing moroccan mint tea.
Melbourne, Australia
“Tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is only my 3rd time eating Moroccan food. Twice in Melbourne and once in Saigon. From the relative limited experience, I found that the dishes have depth and flavours bold, but rounded. Everything I like in a good meal - the cook is not afraid to use salt, sugar and spices in this seasoning. We also had Moroccan bread, but I liken it to round, dense and crusty western bread rolls.

The only let down are the drinks (ones which we tried) - it's a little "meh" and forgettable.

But, all in all, if you're wanting to experience a more multi-cultural side to Saigon's cuisine, Casablanca should be on that list.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
hrizi, Owner at Casablanca Moroccan Cuisine, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
HI Mellies,
thank you so much for taking time to give us such great review on trip advisor,My team will be delighted to hear trough your feedback that the food is TASTY and meet your expectation .
WE use to serve some Moroccan few drinks without alchool ,beers,soft drinks,and wine list..including 2 kind of Moroccan wine a Gris and a Red both good mache with our food...
all in all ,thank you for coming and see you again casablanca very soon.
MR RIAHI
Kind regards

88% Recommend
“cozy and tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was so curious about Morocco food, then just found the Casablanca on facebook. We tried with big family there, just so far away from many easy found restaurants in the down town, it's took a while to found the restaurant. But the food was excellence, love the curry and the mint tea with lavender, and the sausage, cant remember name of it. The owner taking care of us very nicely. Sure we will be back to try all the menu.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
hrizi, Owner at Casablanca Moroccan Cuisine, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
hi Phuong,
,thank you so much for coming and sharing your experience with others travelers trough your review on trip advisor.really happy that you enjoy moroccan food and i am sure that casablanca
team will definitely welcome you again while you visiting us again.
Mr Riahi
best regards
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“A touch of Morocco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Tucked away down an alley in Phu Nhuan District, some kilometres away from the centre of Saigon, is Casablanca Restaurant. We arrived rather early in the evening - about 7 p.m., and it took a while to rouse anybody from the depths of the interior.

Full marks for the decor of this small restaurant. In fact it might even win the prize for best decor of any restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City. There are only two large, low tables with sheepskin rugs and typical Moroccan cushions and fabrics covering the seats, each able to seat about 8 people, plus two small tables for two people. The atmosphere and furnishings are immediately attractive, and one has a sense of complete well-being on entering the door.

Then there appears the owner (and chef) - a large Moroccan man dressed in a colourful robe and fez. We opt for a surprisingly expensive but very tasty mint tea, which is poured out of an antique (silver?) teapot from a great height. Excellent, if perhaps too pricey - 60,000 Dong (3$) for one person, whilst a cold Tiger beer cost exactly half that.

We ordered a lamb couscous and a chicken Tajine. I have had couscous in a variety of places, and this one was pleasant, if not outstanding, and reasonably sized, though not copious. My appetite is gargantuan; so I almost always find myself wanting more. The tajine, with its taste of lemon zest, was definitely good.

We finished off with a couple of desserts, which were expensive, small in size and pretty nice, accompanied by mint tea again.

Even if the food was not extraordinary, we had a really enjoyable experience in this restaurant. It's amazing how the decor and atmosphere of a place can make such a difference. I don't like rating the food as average, as it was more interesting and better than that; so overall I can recommend the place highly. Mr. Riahi Noureddine, the chef/owner, has, I'm sure, a faithful clientele, having been in the same location for over 4 years. A really good find.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
hrizi, Owner at Casablanca Moroccan Cuisine, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Hi,Tim, thank you so much for taking time to review us on trip advisor. I am happy you could have nice experience among us in casablance....our price is very reasonnable and the best quality products...i garante.
Thank you again for coming.
Riahi
Best regards
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

There are places where it is good and go Casablanca is one of those places.
I went twice in this establishment, two very great satisfaction.
The boss is very nice is very welcoming, the food is really delicious and the setting is very pleasant.
An address must visit for foodies North Africa.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
hrizi, Owner at Casablanca Moroccan Cuisine, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
hi John,
thank you very much to taking time to reviewing us on TA...i am glad you give a certificate of excellence.
I will spread the word to my staff for they know we do great job..
all in all,thank you for coming and we hope see you again while you are in saigon.
Mr Riahi
Regards
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Moroccan in the city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I live in the US and as soon as I land in Saigon I go straight to Casablanca!! I love the fact the menu is small so I no the dishes are small and well crafted.The owner is a great person as well he is kind and welcoming into his restaurant .Highly Recommend

• 5 of 5 stars Food
hrizi, Owner at Casablanca Moroccan Cuisine, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Hi Anthony, thank you so much for taking time to write a review on trip advisor.i am sure the staff they will be delighted to hear that you left casablanca fully satisfied..while you come for dinner
We will welcome you again as usual.
Riahi