“A GREAT night!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Whether you're riding on the back of a restored vintage Vespa for one of our several local day or night tours of Saigon or you take the wheel yourself for our three-day and seven-day trips to oceanside Mui Ne or Nha Trang, you'll get the most comfortable, stylish and authentic tour experience Vietnam has to offer. We are the original Vespa tour in Saigon, operating under local ownership since 2007. Nobody has been providing motorbike tours in Saigon longer than us, and nobody offers a more authentic, culturally immersive way to see the city or the southern Vietnam countryside. Let us treat you to the ride of your life.
New York, NY
5 attraction reviews
“A GREAT night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My time in Ho Chi Minh City was short (only two nights) yet the Vietnam Vespa evening foodie tour was the absolute highlight. My only regret was that we did not do this tour on our first night in town! It was a blast riding through the city streets like a local on the back of a bike. The food stops were great, our guide was adorable, and I thought this was such a wonderful way to get an 'insiders' intro on the variety of street food available in town. A fantastic evening for sure!

Sydney
3 attraction reviews
“One of the best evenings spent in Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

There's nowhere else in the world that Vietnam's traffic system could work. It's chaotic, noisy, and many of the road rules are more though of as polite suggestions.

The system fits Vietnam however. It's grown organically with the country and fits what the people need and are familiar with.

To understand Vietnam, don't be a bystander watching what appears to be total anarchy in the roads. Get in amongst it and experience exactly how it works and flows so well.

Best way to do this in Ho Chi Minh (HCM)? On the back of a Vespa.

Our night with Vietnam Vespa Tours (VVT) was excellent. Don't go into this night thinking that you're going to cover a lot of ground though. You'll see familiar buildings during the night as you cross-cross you're relatively small travel area. Being HCM however you can go around the block a couple of times and see something completely different each time.

What you do get is an open pass to areas that you'd never walk to of a night on your own. As we were going along it was rare to see another Westerner. You'll also be served food from local sidewalk eateries that you'd never generally stop at.

And there is the interesting point. We had been paying cafe and hotel meal prices which were probably three times as expensive and yet were probably half the taste. The food is amazing. Take off your blinders and let yourself taste things, like frogs legs, that you may never have ha before. You've probably never had then in the settings like there are on a night with VVT.

The Vespa drivers are experienced locals and I found them helpful and attentive. I was reminded to keep my feet in and my camera close when, looking spring at the enthral long spectacle around me, I'd let it dangle out to the side. As a guide, you can tip your driver at the end of the night about 50k - 100k Dong.

On our tour there wasn't a bad word to be said about the nights activities. I think you'd be a hard person to please if you did have.

Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“You HAVE to do this tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I did the Night Tour last week and it was the absolute highlight of my trip to Vietnam.

From the moment their drivers pick you up at your hotel you feel like you're amongst friends and meeting up at the Zoom cafe first is a really nice touch as it brings the whole group together and makes you feel comfortable. From there we went to great roadside cafes and then on to some bars that were fantastic and we would never have known about otherwise.

Our guide Van was fantastic. Really knowledgeable and a huge amount of fun, she made the experience somehow even more than the sum of its parts.

The scooters were ace too - they feel mercifully stable and the drivers are real experts, so there's nothing to fear from the unhinged Saigon traffic

Seriously, you should do this tour. You'll love it.

Melbourne, Australia
“great way to spend an evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

four over 50s took the saigon after dark tour and what a buzz great evening travelling the city trying out foods two stops to sample some night life .we saw real peoplein their everyday life ,the tour guides were great don't miss this tour

Law Courts
“This is a must for anyone who comes to Saigon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I have done both the Glimpse of the Mekong and Saigon by Night tours many times. Whenever I have visitors come to stay with me in Ho Chi Minh City I take them on one of these tours and they all agree - its the best thing they've done here.

You'll see parts of the city and the country that no other tour will take you to, you'll understand how the people and country work and you'll have the best time!