“Authentic French pastries in the heart of Saigon” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 1,568 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Tea Room
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Description: "Une Journée à Paris" est une Boulangerie-Pâtisserie Française authentique.Les chefs boulangers-pâtissiers sont français ainsi que les propriétaires.C'est un établissement situé au cœur de Sai Gon près du marché touristique de Ben Thanh.Il est ouvert de 7h à 19h30 .Vous pouvez y prendre un petit déjeuner,découvrir notre grande variété de sandwichs ainsi que nos plats salés et y déguster nos pâtisseries uniques à Saigon...baba au rhum, tartes à la mangue où goyave rose,chouquettes, edelweiss , religieuses et nos macarons dont la réputation à dépasser les frontières puisqu'on nous les commande de la Malaisie, Singapour et même de Hong Gong .Si vous désirez des produits d'une grande fraicheur, sains et authentiques nous vous invitons à venir nous visiter sans plus attendre.Notre équipe souriante vous accueille dans un cadre sympathique,calme à l'atmosphère Française.
Montreal, Canada
“Authentic French pastries in the heart of Saigon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

It was a rainy afternoon when I entered this bistro. A search for a shelter from the pouring rain turned out to be a very nice discovery. The coffee was tasteful, the pastries exceed my expectations. It must be quite surprising to say that it was the best Paris-Brest I ever ate this year after my 2-months Europe tour. The choux envelope was just right, not dry, not soft, and the hazelnut chantilly was perfect. My experience would be perfect if the staff could warmed up my "pâté chaud" inside out and keep the crust crispy. I definitely will come back. Highly recommended.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
glohevic, Propriétaire at Une Journee a Paris, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
JeannetteR,

Thank you for for your message on "Une Journée à Paris", my team and me are very great .
I hope to see you soon

Johor, Johor, Malaysia
“Nice French toast …!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Very nice French toast bread, take away some for back home too … family's enjoyed very much … will come back again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hi henry524,

You live in Malysia is good because it's possible to come back Ho Chi Minh in my shop for my toast !!!!!!!!!not is to far .
I joke, thank you for your avis and wee hope to see you soon, NICE 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Over priced and pretentious”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We found this place to be to precious for our family group . Traveling with 4 kids is hard enough without the evil eye of the apparent owner upon you . It's not as if we were annoying anyone except him because the place was empty . Thankfully the local staff were much more welcoming . The Pastries looked great but that's where it ended . We also ordered orange juices that where literally half serves . I thought it was a children's serve at first until they placed one in front of me . I know how much it costs for Oranges in Vietnam . For them to be charging twice as much as neighboring business's for half the amount is beyond me . The coffee was also cold .
On our way out the door the owner was having a heated argument with an very old lady for selling lottery tickets out the front of his shop . This is Vietnam , if you don't like it I suggest you go elsewhere .

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“hello”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

hi it s kevin and alex from saint raphael var , we walk in in your bakery 2 days ago and we just ate a wonderfull french food style . your pissalladiere and pastry are just amazing. we wish you the best for the bakery

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
glohevic, Propriétaire at Une Journee a Paris, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello , kevin and alex,
Thank you so much for your message , we are very greating that you like our shop.
See they soon, a good come back at home
Hanoi, Vietnam
“A lucky find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My daughter and I stumbled across this great French cafe/bakery while looking for an ATM...we couldn't walk past the window display and the chance of some western style coffee. We weren't disappointed. A few people have commented on the decor so I'll put my two bobs worth in....it may not be Parisienne but I thought it was kind of cute and certainly didn't leave me with a negative impression. If we'd had time we would have gone back for a salad roll.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
glohevic, Propriétaire at Une Journee a Paris, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
the team and me are very great for your very nice message.
Thank you, is true the decoration is particular because we would like a different place but we are a veritable french horner.
When we come to Saigon we waitt you with pleasure.