“A sanctuary in a busy city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bizu Boutique Hotel Phu My Hung

You added Bizu Boutique Hotel Phu My Hung to your Saves list
Bizu Boutique Hotel Phu My Hung
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 - 17 Cao Trieu Phat, Hung Phuoc 1 | Phu My Hung, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #65 of 371 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“A sanctuary in a busy city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My company (RMIT International University) chose this hotel for me to stay at for the first week of my lecturing term in Saigon, so I already knew it had a good reputation. I was impressed with the service and efficiency of the night staff on my arrival after a long flight from Australia and their traditional dress uniforms made a good first impression.
My internal standard room was clean and bright and had a mock window, which was quite innovative and effective in letting in air and light when I wanted to. The air-conditioning worked well too, but I found the bathroom a little tight. The wi-fi connected perfectly without issue.
When I went down to breakfast the next morning I was pleasantly surprised. Quite a few of the hotel staff were on hand and I found them very attentive. There was a good selection of food available, both Western and Asian, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, toast and fruit, although the servings are small by comparison to what I am used to. I was also offered a choice of main from a menu with photos of scrambled eggs, omelet, fried eggs etc. I chose my favourite, the omelet, which comes with a French baguette.
That same first day I was keen to get a local sim card for my phone and was pleased when the reception staff efficiently took care of that transaction for me. As it turned out my i-phone was locked to an Australian network, so the sim card didn't work, but the staff all put their problem solving skills together to help me discover that and one promptly set off on his motorbike to get it unlocked for me. I left some cash at reception and was confident that it would all get taken care of, but when I was halfway down the street to the bus-stop the receptionist came running after me to let me know that the quote for unlocking my phone was too expensive and it would be cheaper to buy a new one - good advice which I appreciated and she returned the cash I had left. [By the way I did get a new phone (Samsung Duos) for just $35, which works perfectly for local calls, so I now use my i-phone for viber and whatsup etc, which do not require a sim at all]. This is just a small example of how local nowledge is important and how I have appreciated the way it has been available.
Before the end of the first week I enquired about a larger room with an outlook and was given a choice and I extended my stay at the Bizu Boutique Hotel, making it my home away from home for the remainder of my stay in Ho Chi Minh City. The friendliness and efficiency has continued and I believe this hotel offers value unparallelled anywhere n Phu My Hung, District 7. I find it refreshing to come home to a welcome smile and a brief polite chat in English if I want it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Gwangju, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

we come to FV hospital in HCMC for visit the doctor. we stayed in Bizu Hotel a week, great service, clean, best price even a lovely breakfast. The staff are friendly and warm, always smiling. Repception gave our many information about talking a good car outsides. When we check out,I left my phone behind the hotel. I emailed the hotel and they found my phone, kept it safe and sent to my friend.
Perfect hotel would definitely recomment it.

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Although this's 2star hotel but i got a feeling as my home, you know i came here for the business .it take me about ten minute to get the exhibition , but i have unlucky day , i fell down and my leg very hurt , when i came back the reception saw my scrack after that they make me surpise for giving me some medicine OMG , Perfect staff. I will come back next year and i make sure i 'll stay there again.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time Icame to HCMC for travel and I stayed this hotel for 3 night. The staff of the hotel was very friendly and I like uniform with "ao dai" was charming. Nice bed and room clean and quiet's hotel. Receptionist alway remind me be careful anything when I went outside. Breakfast very nice but I would recommend about the Chicken Noodle soup "pho". Before, I only booked 1 night after that I extended more 2 nights and reception was very kind to give the special discount.
Thanks all staff... If i go back HCM, I will stay in Bizu hotel.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff here are brilliant, arranging tours, giving directions in Vietnamese to taxi drivers & preparing a great value breakfast buffet. I stayed there for the first week of my new employment & still continue to head back there for breakfast (just 50000VND) every morning.
Phu My Hung has a wide range of excellent restaurants & genuine massage parlours so if you are thinking of staying in District 7 this is the place for you!
Stephen from Australia

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

i have to work nearby PHU MY HUNG, so i chose the hotel near here, BIZU is the first choice for the business. This 's the quiet hotel . the room's small but it's new
and tidy, i love the floor becase it made by wooden, the maid clean my room's very clear. i don't have any complaint about service . Reception check in very quick , give me wellcome drink escort me to my room smile with me evrytime. they show me alots of place to go for entertaiment such as PARAGON, CRECENTMALL..and there is many restaurant close to Bizu hotel. i hope i will stay here again

ho chi minh city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

find more value of money that you paid. perfect location to SECC, I usuall go by work there from hotel, it usually takes 20 minites and it close to many nice restaurant. Good location.clean , peaceful and safe. the restaurant for breakfast is relaxing and fresh.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Bizu Boutique Hotel Phu My Hung? Share your experiences!