“Friendly boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bizu Boutique Hotel Phu My Hung

You added Bizu Boutique Hotel Phu My Hung to your Saves list
Bizu Boutique Hotel Phu My Hung
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 - 17 Cao Trieu Phat, Hung Phuoc 1 | Phu My Hung, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #111 of 409 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Friendly boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed a night in Phu My Hung with my son. Nice friendly boutique hotel. The front desk helped me organize a road trip to the Cambodian border which was great. Also Scott and Binh's restaurant is right next door which has excellent comfort food. Their burger was a tower.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Niagara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 9 nights recently while mixing business with pleasure. We have enjoyed the atmosphere of Phu My Hung on previous occasions and this is the third hotel in the area of this type that we have stayed in and is now our preference. The staff is very friendly,helpful and efficient and those who work the front desk know enough English to get by. The hotel and our room was always clean and properly maintained. Breakfast is provided and while there are numerous choices, they could be a little more imaginative especially in regards to the fresh fruit. All in all we enjoyed our stay and given the opportunity in the future would stay here again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed having a view onto the street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Bizu for 3 nights. We originally where going to stay for one night but found the peace and quite after Hanoi and Saigon to be an opportunity to recharge our batteries before heading to Phonm Penh. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Most notable was the staff. They were fantastic and couldn't do enough to help your day go well. Rooms were more than adequate
and priced well. Take a break and check this hotel out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ted V
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here for about a week even though I have an apartment (with many flights of stairs) in Phu My Hung (District 7) because I had just come out of surgery and I needed to use a lift. Make sure you book on Agoda because the hotel rack rate was double what they offered on the Agoda website, even one of the girls told us to book it online there as it was cheaper. I don't really understand why they can't offer better rates if you call them in person.Overall my stay was good but there was a major problem in the beginning.

The hotel was right next to Scott and Binh's which is a local favourite restaurant with expats in the area. It is down a quiet street in Phu My Hung but there are other restaurants nearby. They provide a simple free breakfast, sufficiently sized rooms, cable tv, free wifi and some room service if you call them. You can also get food delivered to the hotel very easily from nearby restaurants.

Some problems were that we parked our scooter in an area the guard told us to park in but by the next morning we had discovered that the police had confiscated it. So we had to organise our papers and pay a fine (which was later reimbursed by the hotel after a long discussion) AND the police had stolen the expensive helmet we had hooked into the seat. The shower takes a long time to heat up and the water pressure was quite low.

I would stay here if I had some purpose to be around Phu My Hung (has a very big expat population) but not if I were hoping to explore HCMC and a more "authentic" taste of Vietnam. If I were a new touris to Saigon t I would much rather stay out in D1 or D3 as it is a cab ride out to D1 as opposed to walking out and being in the thick of it all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sezstar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hi, we stayed in Saigon for @ a week and we were fortunate to have stayed here.
Although the hotel is out of centre and a good walk or 10 minute taxi ride away don't be put off. The district had plenty of restaurants and bars to cater for you and the area is pretty new. There are still plots of small building works going on but no noise at all and not as much manic traffic, a good place all in all.
The hotel is small and functional and has a restaurant/bar right next door. The rooms were clean and tidy and well presented and the breakfast was ok.
The staff, however, were superb. Nothing was to much trouble and always with a smile. I did have slight communication problems but thats part of the fun and I always got a conclusion. The supervisors and some staff do speak English so be patient and all will be fine.
We had a couple of trips out and we were accompanied by a member of staff (Katy) who helped us see some of Vietnam we never thought we would, she was great and always happy and with a smile.
I'd have no problem staying here again but as with any review its subjective, just remember that it's not the Hilton hotel or the ritz so keep your expectations in check. It is a very nice, small, and clean hotel in a good part of Saigon with fantastic staff. Well worth the visit. Ill be back!!!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Concretekev
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Spent three nights there with my wife. We were really impressed with the service.The staff was attentive and courteus, breakfast was tasty especially the pho. Considering the price, the room was satisfactory. The room was clean and with standard interior design. The lobby and hallway needs some work though, just to make it look more professional.

Although it is about 15 min taxi to district 1, the location is quite ok with many restaurants within walking distance.

Recommend this hotel for people who want a nice, simple hotel with good service and dont mind a couple of minutes of taxi ride.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IndraAbd
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was staying at least 5 times for several weeks in BIZU and I must say its like a coming home to a family. The staff and managment really cares and also all other staff (cleaning, bell boy) is super friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the location is superb. Lots of nice bars and Restaurants around. Good value for money!!!

Room Tip: Try the Penthouse on BIZU 1 with nice Terrace...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business