“Nice stay, friendly people” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tulips Hotel Saigon

You added Tulips Hotel Saigon to your Saves list
Tulips Hotel Saigon
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   260 Ly Tu Trong Street | Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #43 of 692 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Dasmarinas City, Philippines
“Nice stay, friendly people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We booked our room by just sending e-mails. Mr. Philip Stephen did not ask for deposit but he kept the room for us. We had a very nice, big room at the upper floor that has big bathtub. This got a lift so it's no worries to get rooms in the upper floor. Ms. Tam, the lady at the front desk greeted us with big smile everytime she sees us. She's forever helful I think to anyone in their guests list. The breakfast served (included in the room rate) was just fine. Though, it's not a buffet, but it's fine. What's served to us for the duration of our stay were all tasted good. You can't beat the location...walking distance to both Pham Ngu Lao (going right) and Ben Thanh Market (going left). There's a convenience store next door. So you can buy bottled water before going up to your rooms (bottled water in the fridge is expensive). Packaged tours offered are expensive too. Book directly to the tour agencies in Pham Ngu Lao. In our case, booked with them a CuChi Tunnel Tour, thinking that tour guide will pick us up on time. But just the same, we were picked up late.

Room Tip: book a suite that accommodates 5 persons. really nice!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great hotel near the backpacker end of town.......we stayed for 4 nights...and had no problems with anything about the hotel.....breakfast is simple but adequate as you would expect for the price....it’s right next door to a small connivance store ....and the ‘real Saigon’ is just outside the front door...plenty of places to eat and drink are nearby....the staff were always will to help whenever they can....including giving directions to where ever you wanted to go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great location in district1, very near ben than market. Rooms very clean and personal very nice and helpfull. They recomended us dim ki for dinner, and had a great dinner for fair price, wich is unusual in district 1. Also upgraded our resevaton to a bigger room because we were staying for 3 nights.
Be careful with rooms with views to the street, might be a little noisy.
They also have available services for booking trips to mekong delta, we choosed the one day trip, but it was not as we expected, too much touristic and focused on souvenir shops more than visiting delta. The girl in the reception asked us about the trip, very kindly, and wanted to know our opinion.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philip S, Manager at Tulips Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Our guests do enjoy the Mekong Delta trip with very good comments. We thank you for your feedback on your Mekong Delta trip., which has been conveyed to the Tour Operator in order to rectify and improve. We do have rooms at the back of the hotel which are very quiet, but some guests prefer the rooms facing the front due to the city view.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel is fine for a short stay. We stayed for 2 nights to break up our journey north and had a day in Saigon. The hotel is ideally located with 5-10 mins of the main sights in Siagon, being the War Museum, Reunification Palace, the market and the Notre Dame Cathedral. The staff are extremely pleasant and accommodating. The rooms are adequate. The building and rooms aren't overly clean and you can put up with that for a few days. We had no,problems with our 2 nights here and would recommend staying here if you are just passing through. The Internet is very good with wifi throughout the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
From guest history it is evident that our hotel is suitable for either short or long stays. In fact we have had some long-stay guests staying with us for many months. We take pride in overall cleanliness at our hotel which could be confirmed with the high rating we have from guest reviews on major OTA sites such as Agoda and Booking.com.
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were in this hotel from 8th to 11th July. It was a three-night very pleasant stay. I was with my mom, sister, and uncle all throughout Ho Chi Minh tour. The staff were very attentive to the guests' needs and have always tried to do their best to help us. Also, it is near to the city-center so it is a few minutes walk to some of the visited areas in Ho Chi Minh. They serve sumptuous breakfast as well. I recommend the suite room for families traveling within the area or the deluxe room for solo or pair travelers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We have only one Suite Room, which is ideal for a family or small group of four persons.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Located in the center but not very noisy,small but very comfortable rooms with nice furniyure only bathroom neefs some renovation but it is clean.double room room for 22$with breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012
The room occupied was a Standard Room with a promotional rate. Thanks very much for the feedback about the bathroom.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

This visit was for business. We chose this hotel for it's proximity to food and ben than market and decent reviews.

Checking in was a breeze. Hotel has a elevator but it is small like those you would find in France.

Room was not new but clean. Took a while for the aircon to cool the room so we keep it running when we went out for a quick lunch.

Free wifi was good. No complains.

Hotels these days tend to lower the water pressure of the shower. As a regular traveller. I bring along a shower head designed and made in Japan and I have been doing this for years. From 1 star Etap to 5 star hotels in Europe and Asia. It is designed for low(er) water pressure but gives you a stronger pressure water flow. My usual practice is to remove the hotel shower head but keep it in the toilet itself. Next day, we noticed the shower head removed from the room and did not think much of it. It's one of those $5 shower heads one can buy from the market.

A day before check-out. I asked the cleaning lady what happened to the shower head. She didn't understand me so i went downstairs to the ladies at the receptionist for help. I explained myself to the receptionist and this Indian man approached me. I think he is the manager of the hotel. He wasn't very pleasant. He spoke good English. He questioned me like I was a thief. He insisted that I have to inform the hotel management if I wanted to change/ remove the shower head. I told him I do this all the time for years (as above) and had no such problem. Only here at Tulips hotel and he need not confront me in such a manner nor should I report my every movement to the hotel management as if I were living in a military barracks. It's not like I took their TV out of the hotel premises. I told him he should re-think the way he speaks to his hotel guest and that we are going out for lunch. He said he will 'settle' it.

After lunch, we went back to our room. Still no sign of the shower head. At 15h30. We got a knock on our door. The exact same shower head that went missing was produced.

This is a very small matter. But the hotel manager behaved like an army sargeant and I certainly did not like being talked down to. - I hope he reads this.

Otherwise, this hotel is a nice place to stay in. Perhaps it is my fault but the manager did not have to behave that way. I would like to ask him if it was worth it?

Hotel has laundry service. Cheap, fast and good.

I may stay here again.

Room Tip: book their deluxe room. value for money.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
KukuSaigon, Manager at Tulips Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
We do value guest reviews for the feedback, in order to improve our product and service and rectify any deficiencies. Even though the water pressure at our hotel is quite high, we had no objection to the guest changing the shower head, but since it is hotel property the Management should have been kept informed regardless of its cost. The Manager of the Hotel is dark skinned, but he is Australian and not Indian as the guest comments. A brand new shower head was replaced.

Been to Tulips Hotel Saigon? Share your experiences!