“Very Pleasant Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tulips Hotel Saigon

You added Tulips Hotel Saigon to your Saves list
Tulips Hotel Saigon
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   260 Ly Tu Trong Street | Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #51 of 701 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
“Very Pleasant Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were in this hotel from 8th to 11th July. It was a three-night very pleasant stay. I was with my mom, sister, and uncle all throughout Ho Chi Minh tour. The staff were very attentive to the guests' needs and have always tried to do their best to help us. Also, it is near to the city-center so it is a few minutes walk to some of the visited areas in Ho Chi Minh. They serve sumptuous breakfast as well. I recommend the suite room for families traveling within the area or the deluxe room for solo or pair travelers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Philip S, Manager at Tulips Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We have only one Suite Room, which is ideal for a family or small group of four persons.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Vietnamese first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Located in the center but not very noisy,small but very comfortable rooms with nice furniyure only bathroom neefs some renovation but it is clean.double room room for 22$with breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012
The room occupied was a Standard Room with a promotional rate. Thanks very much for the feedback about the bathroom.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

This visit was for business. We chose this hotel for it's proximity to food and ben than market and decent reviews.

Checking in was a breeze. Hotel has a elevator but it is small like those you would find in France.

Room was not new but clean. Took a while for the aircon to cool the room so we keep it running when we went out for a quick lunch.

Free wifi was good. No complains.

Hotels these days tend to lower the water pressure of the shower. As a regular traveller. I bring along a shower head designed and made in Japan and I have been doing this for years. From 1 star Etap to 5 star hotels in Europe and Asia. It is designed for low(er) water pressure but gives you a stronger pressure water flow. My usual practice is to remove the hotel shower head but keep it in the toilet itself. Next day, we noticed the shower head removed from the room and did not think much of it. It's one of those $5 shower heads one can buy from the market.

A day before check-out. I asked the cleaning lady what happened to the shower head. She didn't understand me so i went downstairs to the ladies at the receptionist for help. I explained myself to the receptionist and this Indian man approached me. I think he is the manager of the hotel. He wasn't very pleasant. He spoke good English. He questioned me like I was a thief. He insisted that I have to inform the hotel management if I wanted to change/ remove the shower head. I told him I do this all the time for years (as above) and had no such problem. Only here at Tulips hotel and he need not confront me in such a manner nor should I report my every movement to the hotel management as if I were living in a military barracks. It's not like I took their TV out of the hotel premises. I told him he should re-think the way he speaks to his hotel guest and that we are going out for lunch. He said he will 'settle' it.

After lunch, we went back to our room. Still no sign of the shower head. At 15h30. We got a knock on our door. The exact same shower head that went missing was produced.

This is a very small matter. But the hotel manager behaved like an army sargeant and I certainly did not like being talked down to. - I hope he reads this.

Otherwise, this hotel is a nice place to stay in. Perhaps it is my fault but the manager did not have to behave that way. I would like to ask him if it was worth it?

Hotel has laundry service. Cheap, fast and good.

I may stay here again.

Room Tip: book their deluxe room. value for money.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
KukuSaigon, Manager at Tulips Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
We do value guest reviews for the feedback, in order to improve our product and service and rectify any deficiencies. Even though the water pressure at our hotel is quite high, we had no objection to the guest changing the shower head, but since it is hotel property the Management should have been kept informed regardless of its cost. The Manager of the Hotel is dark skinned, but he is Australian and not Indian as the guest comments. A brand new shower head was replaced.
Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed here when we arrived in Vietnam, and returned a month later at the end of our trip. We had the family suite on the 7th floor (1 x queen, 2 x singles) and it was fantastic - huge, clean, big bathroom, quiet, airconditioned and with a great table for family card games! The staff were wonderful and very helpful to us. The tours they can book for you are good value and well run. The hotel is just 5 minutes walk from Ben Thanh market, but not in the much noisier and dirtier backpacker area. We loved it and would highly recommend it for families.

Room Tip: Families should definitely ask for the 7th floor suite
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as a family of 4 on two occasions during our stay in Vietnam/ Cambodia. Our family room was on the 7th floor but was the largest of our family rooms during our stay in Vietnam. Although the street is busy the noise was not a problem for us. There was lots of room, hot water etc and breakfast was simple but fine. Staff very helpful with taxi's, how to get to places etc and having a convenience store- with ATM close by was helpful. Would certainly recommend hotel for family- good value for money.

Turku, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We chose Tulips because it offers also family rooms. The room was very huge and there was enough space for our family of four. Room had a fridge and a safety box and good wifi, too. The room was very clean and cozy. Room was on 3.rd floor and towards a very busy street but the noise did not disturb us.

The location in very centrally. Almost all main attractions are within walking distance. We found a few good and reasonable priced restaurants at close quarters. Near is a good tourist area, Pham Ngu Lao area, where is also nice restaurants and bars. The area consists of Bui Vien street and surroundings. For shopping, Nguyen Trai is very good. It is located on the other side of a very big traffic circle.

The breakfast was quite basic but good. You can choose one item of the menu and only one drink, either a juice or coffee. Not both of them. So, if you want coffee bring your own water or juice with you. But the Vietnamese chicken soup, called Pho, was best we got in Vietnam.

Overall, the hotel is a good choice and value for money.

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My family stayed at Tulips Hotel for 5 nights in December 2011. The hotel location is very convienient and an easy walk to Ben Thanh Market, many other shops and resturants. Phillip, his wife and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was more than adaquate and there's a small convienience store right next door. The room was a good size for our family of 4 and was very clean. We would certainly reccommend this hotel for families. although it was close to everything we found it to be fairy quiet at night and it was easy to get a good nights sleep even in this busy town. We found the shopping at Ben Thanh markets good and the prices and selection was better than other parts of Vietnam and even better than Bangkok! The people were friendly and helpful and generally much nicer than further north in Hanoi.

Room Tip: We had a family room on the 7th floor and it was easily large enough for our family
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Tulips Hotel Saigon? Share your experiences!