“A fine hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 678 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“A fine hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed 4 nights this week & I am very happy to give this hotel all the right ticks . Breakfast was included & while not huge in choice was more than adequate to start the day . The rooms are spotless , bathroom was very large , A/C great . The staff were outstanding each & every day . The location in Ben Thanh district is pretty much unbeatable , the major city market is 3/4 minutes walk, many fine eating spots around . lots of good sidewalk eateries to sit & people watch .The Reconciliation Palace is a short stroll away as is the Vin Com building which has all the up market shops any heart would desire . All in all a good nights sleep in a nice hotel in the right location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

We a frequent visitors of Saigon City. I'd finally convinced my husband to ditch the five star hotel and go budget. After some reservation we decide to stay a week at Ellyse Nga Khanh Hotel. The cost was a fraction of what we normally pay. The service was beyond our expectations, the staff was warm and welcoming we felt safe and right at home. We booked 2 rooms, the city view and one with two double beds. Breakfast was delicious with a choice of flied eggs or vietnamese breakfast of noodles with coffee or juice.
The rooms comes with bar fridge filled with the usual soft drinks and beer, the price was not that much different from the street stores. Amenities such as shampoo , toothbrush , shower cap was also replenished every day. The room always spotless.
I will never forget the beautiful singing voices of Phu and Tam, whom surprised me with two dozen roses and a cheerful"happy birthday to you...."What a delightful welcome to Saigon, and the start of our holiday. Thankyou to chi Ngoc, the manager for arranging the surprise. Chi Ngoc was fantastic in organising and booking our trip to Phu Quoc and the day trip to the Mekong Delta "Cai Be", her recommendation to stay at Thien Hai Son was some where I will never forget (please read my other review on this hotel).
From hotel Ellyse Nga Khanh, we were able to walk every where, the Cathedral, the Reunification Palace, the War Museum and of course Ben Thanh Markets. There are alot of eateries nearby to choose from, there is Pho2000 (where Bill Clinton ate),Pho24 near by. You can actually walk to the famous Quan An Ngon situated in front of the Reunification palace gate.
Near by are also Hair Salon where you can get an excellent trim,shampoo, head and shoulder massage for $10. We also had an excellent one hour foot massage at a near by hotel for $10(end up costing us $15 if you include the $5 we tip them) there was other spa treatment on offer and my husband did go back for a full body massage which he was totally happy with.
This so far our best accomodation as a whole of all the trips we made to Vietnam. My extended family are thinking of another trip very soon, and we will definately stay at the Hotel Ellyse Nga Khanh.
My only negative is the thin blanket we had left us cold if we accidently turn the aircon temp down too low. I am so use to the thick doona we have at home.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

What i love about this hotel is the location.It's near to Benh Than Market,Independent palace and few other attraction(all walking distance).

Nice basic boutique hotel.
Cable TV,Internet,mini bar,hot shower and breakfast included.

Staff were OK.they can understand basic english.

• Stayed November 2010
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

This is a small hotel but has an excellent staff. We stayed ahere a few nights in their least expensive room. The room was small with no window but the bathroom was a good size with a nice shower. Overall it is anice hotel for the price. Location is excellent. The breakfast was not edible.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I stayed here recently and Have NO Complaints! the Rooms are Ok & the Bathrooms are Good & Clean!
The Free Breakfast of PHO or Fried Eggs & French bread is Awesome!
This Hotel has Great Location!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Kowloon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I have been to this hotel with my mom , we stay there on & off for a weeks.
The manageress/director ms Ngoc and staff are there very helpful and friendly. I would like to said thank you for their enthusiatist attitude and warmly manner. You can also make order for your favour Vietnamese food for your lunch or dinner yummy yummy . Ms Ngoc a caring lady she did her best for every need you are and give you the best advices when you try to book tour or ticket to Hue or Ha Noi. Without her adivices I can not image how messy I did with my over weight luggages from Ha Noi to Sai Gon.
I have my wonderful relaxing holiday with this EllyseNgaKhanh Boutique Hotel. Their staff are so great and kindly gave me a lot of tips and adivices when I and my mom travelling around the city. I would like to go back there for my next trip.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Ellyse Nga Khanh Hotel? Share your experiences!