“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added New Pacific Hotel to your Saves list
New Pacific Hotel
New Pacific Hotel
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   09-11 Ky Dong Street | District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #240 of 618 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Nice big rooms, aircon, wifi, very friendly staff, ok location in the city, you have to walk fifteen minutes to reach the city centre but this is a treat in it self. The staff showed us were to walk and what sightseeing we should do. The war museum is not for the kids, but a have-to-see to understand what the vietnamese people have been through.

We were allowed to keep our luggage at the hotel during our last day in Ho Chi Minh.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had terrible experince at new pacific hotel. At the end of my trip the reception handed my passports to local agent. Local agent asked fo rmore money to give our passport back. When we asked reception to tell us nearest police station so we can file a complaint, they said they do not know where th epolice station is. It was terrible experince. Is it legal to give passport to other than the traveles themselves?

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hanoi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there on a business trip and had a bad experience about the hotel. The room was uncomfortablly designed. I hurt myself several times and got black and blue marks on my knees as the decoration from the bed. In the room they set up only one tea and coffee bad for two person. That is hilarious. The towels wer in dark color and looked dirty
Breakfast was poor, not so much variety and one day i did not even have butter.
I broke only a tea cup and they charged 11 usd for the whole set. Are they insane to ask a customer paying for that much
Mini bar was expensive. Almost 2 usd for a bottle of water
Very disappointed

• Stayed September 2012
Karlsruhe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was near the train station. The lobby is very impressive, but the room was nothing special, the pool offers no shade at all and is not very inviting anyway. the breakfast was interesting, though, and the bellhop had a great restaurant suggestion for us. The hotel caters to a mostly asian clientel. It was very strange for my family to have to walk through the "lucky" massage parlor to get to the pool!
We chose not to stay there on our return trip in HCMC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wanneroo, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We arrived late as our flight was delayed and we were told that it would cost us an extra $30us a night for the 3rd bed for our kids, I argued and they would not discount it so we went ahead with it.
When we got to our room there was a flyer diplaying a price of $15us for the 3rd bed, when I went back to reception with this information they told me that it was an old flyer, I argued again.
The following morning I checked my booking online to discover that I has already payed for the extra bed in my original booking after much discussion the reception reluctantly accepted this.
In my online booking a free shuttle servive to the airport was also included, but the reception tried to tell me this promotion had ended the month earlier, I dug my heals in and got what I had paid for.
The breakfast was horrible and only had it once prefering to go to "tout les jours" bakery instead which I highly recommend.
The swimming pool is a joke and I have a larger one in my garden at home.
The "massage" area was seedy or as my wife said,"dodgy" and it would not be surprising if extra services were offered .
Having said this the rooms were clean and tidy, but I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IllinoisUSA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I picked this hotel because of the rating and the discount from their regular listed price. BUT it turned out to be the biggest hotel-selection mistake I made in Vietnam. I have stayed at many 2 and 3 star hotels in Ho Chi Minh City which were 10 times more pleasant than this so-called 4-stars hotel. The night staff was very rude and cold when I tried to check in at night. He basically ordered me to what I had to do and where I had to go - Not a glimse of smile on his face. The furniture in the room looked elegant, but they were all made out of hard wood - Not comfortable to sit in at all. The bed mattress was very firm.

The worst part beside from the bad service was how noisy the hotel was. The room was not sound insulated and I can hear people talking at the end of the hallway. Unless you carefully close the door slowly, it sounds like someone slams the door loudly (because of the material and the design) - I can hear this throughout the night as people go in and out of their room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Hotel is pretty reasonable. Buffet breakfast is pretty decent. Big rooms but smelt a bit weird at first, maybe because of the carpeted flooring. Wifi is free and working, but since we have stayed at the 8th floor, connection is bit slow. The whole hotel is dark and gloomy and feels haunted a bit. lol

I was dismayed greatly by the swimming pool, which was atop the hotel. It seems like it hasn't been cleaned and used for quite sometime. Pool water is so disgusting I have no word to describe how awful it is. After dipping for a few minutes, me & my friend decided to leave the pool area. It is the worst pool ever I have come across with till date!

Apparently, we didnt have any problems with noisy hallways and corridors - maybe because we stayed on a higher floor

Room Tip: We do not have problems with loud hallways in the higher floors - but wifi connection is damn slow
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to New Pacific Hotel? Share your experiences!